PDA

View Full Version : Module/line ID? Orcs in a giant robot. Mooks and finishing move mechanics.

jakarta
2019-07-20, 01:36 PM
I'm trying to remember the name of a published module. It was pre Pathfinder and pre 4e, if memory serves. I'm fairly certain it was 3.5 instead of 3.0.

I thought it was in the Bleeding Edge series, but I'm not finding it.

The line had an "extreme" vibe to it. There are 3 rules features that I remember.

1) Mooks. Low level opponents that everyone had the cleave feat against.

2) Finishing moves for players to spectacularly finish off nearly dead opponents.

3) the boss in the ending bossfight got a free instant respawn.

The module I'm looking for, which I think was the first in the line, features a giant mecha/robot/colossal golem. Orcs are piloting it.
In the first act the giant robot walks up, and a squad of loot hungry orcs exit form the foot. The pc's are supposed to kill the orcs and enter the giant robot, then fight their way through the inside to the head. Along the way they can gather tech parts to make a weapon or later incorporate into their gear as pseudo magic items or something.

Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

I'm running a "warforged on a scavenger hunt" game and I thought I might incorporate a rework of this module, so I would appreciate help Identifying it.