PDA

View Full Version : Healer/combat medic/what

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-20, 06:04 PM
Saw what looked like a fairly optimized Healer (Miniatures handbook) build or handbook on the forums and I had started using it for a cohort build a few months ago, apparently I failed to bookmark it and the search engine is failing me.

Definitely had healer 10, 5 or more levels in Combat Medic, don't recall what else. Feats I used were mastery of night and day, mastery of the land, intuitive attack, pretty sure I got those from that thread/handbook. If anyone can give me a link or somewhere to continue this as high op as possible I'd appreciate it.

Edit link to mythweavers

rolen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1760466)

AnimeTheCat
2019-07-20, 06:53 PM
Here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8757.0) is a link to a Healer's Handbook on MinMax. One of the sample builds tacks on Contemplative 10 and stops Combat Medic at 5. Later on in that same thread, there's another sample build that is Healer 5/Healing Hand of Mishakel 5/Combat Medic 5/Contemplative 5 and it also has the mastery of Day and Night and Magic of the Land, though it doesn't make use of Intuitive Attack. At High OP as a healer, you're probably not likely to be making attacks anyway, so you may be able to use that feat better elsewhere, maybe Nymph's Kiss or Nimbus of Light?

Palanan
2019-07-20, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat
...so you may be able to use that feat better elsewhere, maybe Nymph's Kiss or Nimbus of Light?

+1 to Nymph's Kiss, which is always handy and especially thematic for a healer.

And speaking of healers, Anime, I still remember your plan to "stress test" the healer and some other lower-tier classes. I still have the build I was planning for that one, which involved some healer and some Knight of the Raven, among other things.

AnimeTheCat
2019-07-20, 10:31 PM
+1 to Nymph's Kiss, which is always handy and especially thematic for a healer.

And speaking of healers, Anime, I still remember your plan to "stress test" the healer and some other lower-tier classes. I still have the build I was planning for that one, which involved some healer and some Knight of the Raven, among other things.

Yeah, and that is still a plan that i have for one day :smallbiggrin: I have a lot of real-life projects going on (got married, having a kid, adopting another) so my time is pretty limited. Once I'm done with my current contract on my job I'll be able to get a better job that isn't something like 12-18 hour days 6-7 days a week and I'll be able to actually play (outside of lunch breaks) and I'll hop back on that stress test. I want to stress test other classes too, just to see what the breaking points are. Also, with the advent of a new computer I may even be able to do it on like Roll 20 or something, and then post the data here. Anyway, off topic.

OP, something else you may want to consider is the Alternate Healer Spell list also in that link. It really expands the utility of what a healer can do.

Palanan
2019-07-20, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat
...and I'll hop back on that stress test. I want to stress test other classes too, just to see what the breaking points are.

Well, congrats on the real-life accomplishments, they all sound positive. (Apart from the work schedule, that is.) Definitely keep me in mind when you're ready for the stress testing, because I'd like to put my healer/swanmay through her paces.

AnimeTheCat
2019-07-21, 12:23 AM
Well, congrats on the real-life accomplishments, they all sound positive. (Apart from the work schedule, that is.) Definitely keep me in mind when you're ready for the stress testing, because I'd like to put my healer/swanmay through her paces.

well, I only listed the positive ones (nobody likes an interweb gripe). And I still have the message traffic and the thread saved so I can refer back to it when I've got the time and the rest of my life together.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-21, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys, as far as Intuitive Strike, agreed, might not be the best use of a feat, but my table is not really high Op and I'd like him to be able to at least defend himself.

I saw the alternate list, and the handbook is indeed the thread I saw months ago, thanks for the link btw, but as far as alternate spell list, my dm is pretty straightforward RAW unless I can put some serious logic behind a RAI argument. Homebrew is extremely rare at our table.

Anthrowhale
2019-07-21, 07:18 PM
I hope you are taking advantage of the sanctified spells at least, as they add quite a bit of variety.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-21, 07:25 PM
I use sanctifieds from BoED and CoV, that's all there is right? Is there a list somewhere, used to use arkalseif, but its glitchy again...

AnimeTheCat
2019-07-21, 07:47 PM
I use sanctifieds from BoED and CoV, that's all there is right? Is there a list somewhere, used to use arkalseif, but its glitchy again...

I like to make notecards of them all. Keeps me from having to go book diving mid-session

Anthrowhale
2019-07-21, 08:10 PM

That's all that I know of.