PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed 3.x - RAW TO - Un Shrinking Time

unseenmage
2019-07-21, 07:11 AM
A force enclosure containing a dust cloud. The dust is composed of gazillions of fine size creatures/objects made of Quintessence.

The Quintessence dust motes are actually colossal size and have been magic ed down to about a millimeter in size. each.

We apply an Ex source of antimagic to many of the dust motes. More than the enclosure can hold. All of the shrinking and animating magics on the Quintessence are negated in antimagic.

What happens?

What happens to the creatures in this force enclosed arena?

More specifics can be provided later, for now this is spoiler-ey enough as is.

InvisibleBison
2019-07-21, 09:23 AM
The animating magics are negated by the antimagic, so the creatures die. That seems pretty clear-cut.

As for the shrinking, my first instinct is to borrow the clause found in most magical forms of size increasing and say that no-longer-living blobs of quintessence increase as much as possible given the constrained space but no more. On the other hand, there's an antimagic effect in play, so that might be the most applicable precedent. Given that walls of force are impenetrable, the only other option I see is that the quintessence becomes incredibly compressed, and would explode outward in a devastating fashion should the force enclosure be removed.

Mike Miller
2019-07-22, 11:19 AM
Walls of force have cracks, just really small cracks. Isn't it an epic escape artist check to move throw a force wall? Something like that, I think

Venger
2019-07-22, 12:40 PM
Walls of force have cracks, just really small cracks. Isn't it an epic escape artist check to move throw a force wall? Something like that, I think

yeah dc 120