PDA

View Full Version : Paladin bard

Ghghj2
2019-07-21, 09:12 PM
I had this idea of an outcast aspiring musician tiefling, Ashen Broquefort, who failed in getting recognition from his music about simplistic joy, but impressed and was scouted by an older, 100yo female human paladin, Elaya Thilde, who took him in as a squire. This lady trained him till her death 15 years later, when she died satisfied for passing on all she knew and Thelarune, a silver short sword she inherited from her master. Ashen then set out on his mission to bring light to the world, and ended up together with his new party.
At max lvl he would be a paldin 14/bard 6, with the ancient oath and college of lore, because i want the focus on the paladin part, but being music a agreat part of his life, he learns how to harness strength through it. Gameplaywise it should be a tank-ish support, mainly with aiding spells (and the ocasional magic missile) that can withstand the frontline. Note that this isn't supposed to be optimal, but fun and enjoyable. Any suggestions on levelling and anything else is appreciated

Deadandamnation
2019-07-21, 09:49 PM
I'd go paladin 7 for the aura using a longsword and a shield. With 16 into STR and 16 into CHA. Taking +1AC from the style or protector.

Probably taking Warcaster at 4 using Bless on the other party members or Shield of Faith.

Main goal would be enable advantage by flanking and keep smites Just for hard bosses.

Bard After that straight to 6, (unless you want the 2nd ASI earlier) that should go to CHA.

At higher levels you Will have 20 CHA (if you take the route of pala8/bard4) at Level 12.
You can upcast spells up to 4th, and your AC and Concentration are good enough to keep a Spell up for some time.

Also taking rp spells, rituals, utility like Invisibility or suggestion.

If you want to deal more damage than Paladin 11 Is a must rush probably and str Need to be maximized.