PDA

View Full Version : List of ways to create "synthetic" people

Venger
2019-07-22, 01:20 AM
I was looking at deck of many things earlier and saw the knight, which causes a 4-th level fighter to spontaneously spring into existence and serve you until they die.

No additional detail is provided, so I assume this character is in all ways indistinguishable from a normal 4th level fighter.

What other ways exist of "artificially" (because magic is the beginning and end of reality in dnd, I know it's natural, but let's set that aside and say anything aside from biological birth) creating life?

Spells
Multiple paos on an inanimate object to transform it into a person

items
Knight card from deck of many things

PraxisVetli
2019-07-22, 01:54 AM
Minor Servitor from Savage Species
Also Origin of Species, but that's an epic spell

Draconi Redfir
2019-07-22, 01:55 AM
i had this happen once, not into a person granted, but my Paladin's sword was once permanently transformed into a rabbit by the "Polymorph any object (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/polymorph-any-object/)" spell.

if you can get the duration factor to 9 or higher then the change is permanent...

although... looking at it, the example i was going to make was "Pebble to human", and apparently that's an example given, but it's only 20 minutes... h'uh? how did a magic sword permanently become a rabbit then?

i... guess the DM read the rules wrong or something?

Venger
2019-07-22, 02:07 AM
i had this happen once, not into a person granted, but my Paladin's sword was once permanently transformed into a rabbit by the "Polymorph any object (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/polymorph-any-object/)" spell.

if you can get the duration factor to 9 or higher then the change is permanent...

although... looking at it, the example i was going to make was "Pebble to human", and apparently that's an example given, but it's only 20 minutes... h'uh? how did a magic sword permanently become a rabbit then?

i... guess the DM read the rules wrong or something?

you just use the spell twice. pebble > human then human> human and it's permanent.

your gm probably read the chart wrong or houseruled it.

Draconi Redfir
2019-07-22, 02:15 AM
you just use the spell twice. pebble > human then human> human and it's permanent.

your gm probably read the chart wrong or houseruled it.

*Shrugs* i got a cool story out of it at least.

PraxisVetli
2019-07-22, 02:15 AM
Would Animate Objects count?
Do they new life forms need to be permanent?

Also Nybor's Psychic Imprint might count.

Venger
2019-07-22, 02:23 AM
Would Animate Objects count?
Do they new life forms need to be permanent?

Nah, they're just mindless objects. I'm looking for something that can create (or transform or whatever) either nothing or something to an intelligent creature that you could bump into while going about your business and never know anything was off about them.

Permanent (or instantaneous) is certainly preferred, but not mandatory.

PraxisVetli
2019-07-22, 02:32 AM
Nah, they're just mindless objects. I'm looking for something that can create (or transform or whatever) either nothing or something to an intelligent creature that you could bump into while going about your business and never know anything was off about them.

Permanent (or instantaneous) is certainly preferred, but not mandatory.

Aren't TECHNICALLY Psicrystals crafted?

Particle_Man
2019-07-22, 02:35 AM
Create homunculus? Simulacrum? Possibly mirror of opposition, if person A can keep away from their duplicate, A prime? Awaken?

Asmotherion
2019-07-22, 02:54 AM
Simulacrum/ice assasin->PaO seems legit

Necromancy spells that create undead.

(Sentient) Magic item creation feats/Craft Construct.

Shadowcraft Mage to have illusions that are 110percent real

Programmed Amnesia technically counts; Add PaO for a full creature.

3 Epic Spell Seeds (Life Enhance and one more not sure which) can be combined to create a creature from scratch (even a completelly imaginary one apparently).

that's without any digging. May come up with more.

ShurikVch
2019-07-22, 03:06 AM
Create Faux Human (The Standing Stone): turns Small Animal into a Human-like Humanoid (or Tiny Animal - into a Halfling-like). The spell is Instantaneous, 5th-level Druid.

Mask of Diamond Tears (Dungeon #143) pulls Evil alternate version of target creature from an alternate Material Plane

Venger
2019-07-22, 03:15 AM
Allow me to clarify: I don't mean things like create undead or making golems or what have you. Undead can be slain and turned back into whatever their origin form was, and for the most part, one won't mistake a golem for a person.

Create Faux Human (The Standing Stone): turns Small Animal into a Human-like Humanoid (or Tiny Animal - into a Halfling-like). The spell is Instantaneous, 5th-level Druid.

I'm more interested in stuff like this. You could be neighbors with a faux human and basically never know he wasn't born from a mother and father like you were.

That is a heck of a find. Never even heard of that book before.

Vizzerdrix
2019-07-22, 03:35 AM
6th level spell. Curse of lycanthropy. Wererats burst out of the target. You need to combo it with a summon spell but it works. Also one of the faerun books* has a line of permanent summon spells. Gonna have to feed them new people somehow, right? :smallwink:

*I don't remember what one. I can go find it for you later but tis very late for me now.

ShurikVch
2019-07-22, 03:42 AM
How about the Incarnate Construct?

Searing Seed?

Deepspawn or/and Mockery Bug?

*I don't remember what one. I can go find it for you later but tis very late for me now.Halaster's Fetch spell line (City of Splendors: Waterdeep)

rel
2019-07-23, 01:31 AM
Are lantern archons people?
If so there is the spell Create Lantern Archon from champions of valor.

Casting stone to flesh on a statue produces a corpse. Maybe you can bring such a corpse to life with some flavor of resurrection magic.

unseenmage
2019-07-23, 07:27 AM
Intelligent Magic Item a mannequin and give it at will Telekinesis.

Awaken Construct or Incarnate Construct on an Effigy of a Humanoid.

Minor Servitor or Awaken Construct on a Permanent Animated Object corpse or mannequin.

Simulacrum and Ice Assassin are classics

PF has Trompe L'oeil and Alter Ego templates and Lesser Sim spell. Also the AI template, put into an Android.

Origin of Species epic spell

Going to the Mirror Plane makes a mirror duplicate. And a new duplicate for every selerate subplane of the Mirror Plane.

The Create Fetch spell.

Theres an Awaken spell for almost every creature type that needs it. Combo with PaO as needed.

Beget Bogun spell.

All of the Undead animation and Construct creation that makes sentient creatures from non sentient stuff. A LOT of these can masquerade as people just by wearing a big cloak. Add some illusion magic and ta da: person.

Awaken Sand makes a free willed sentient ooze like Construct. Use Shapesand and viola, it can look like a person.

Arcane Genesis to make a demiplane with the Living trait arguably makes a sapient demiplane. Theres one in the MotP that makes Flesh Golems from itself and uses those to infiltrate and info gather.

apologies that some of these were already mentioned

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-07-23, 10:32 AM
Warforged are synthetic, and in a lot of ways, many outsiders are too, since they are spontaneously created from the essences of the planes they come from. Exceptions are, of course, outsiders who are born (such as aasimars and tieflings), who tend to be native rather than extraplanar.

Telonius
2019-07-23, 03:48 PM
It's not exactly creating a person, but the Contagion spell could create life (if the diseases are caused by microbes).

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-07-23, 03:50 PM
BoVD's vermin lord can create a sapient hivemind out of vermin and animals.

Psionics can create a pseudo-mind via metaconcert, which may or may not be an actual "person."

Psionics also has fission and fusion; the former splits off a second "you," while the latter creates a new person from two people.

Also for psionics, mind seed, which takes someone else's body and creates a new, lower-level you in it, which then grows and develops into its own being.

Mindrape could potentially create a new personality for a creature you hit with it.

Rijan_Sai
2019-07-23, 04:51 PM
Just to add to the list, Van Richten's Arsenal has the Alchemical (Philosophical or Enlightened) Child template (Pg. 71). Technically Constructs, they have the Lifelike (Ex) SQ and can eat, drink, breath, and sleep, even if they don't need to. They also age, have up to -10hp before dying, and a number of other abilities; beyond those, however, they are "identical to the creature modeled on, at least to outward appearances, assuming that it is advanced to the same age and that the original creature possessed no distinguishing marks such as tattoos or scars." (Flavor text excerpt from [I]Philosophical Child, Pg. 67)

Edit:
Just to note that this is from a 3.0 Ravenloft book, if that makes a difference for you.

Telonius
2019-07-24, 11:30 AM
Possibly crazy idea - Permanent Image, cast by a sufficiently high-level Killer Gnome. If you prepare it carefully enough it could potentially pass a Turing test.

Malimar
2019-07-24, 02:49 PM
I've always been fond of a plan a minor NPC named Pumayyaton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)) in my setting seeks PC help to achieve: mundane Craft(Stonecarving) -> Animate Objects -> Permanency -> Awaken Construct -> Stone to Flesh. Stay out of the way of Dispel Magic tho.