PDA

View Full Version : please assist

raichi
2007-10-09, 09:45 PM
hey guys im new on these forums and such but i got a problem unless theres a good one on here already in which case post a link. anyway my dm finally agreed on a fey race but well... it was lacking pretty much everything i was looking for so i need some help here if any of you guys already made something like this or found one post the link but otherwise im trying to make a spritey-feeling race prefered with little to no lv adjustment that meets a couple thing
A hoping for some flight probally not limitless...cause well he'd abject to that
b some charisma and/or dextrerity modifiers with the obvious -'s to strength and/or constitution
c prefferbly tiny or smaller but once again odds are he'd have some objection to that so probally just small
lastly i know that i pretty much just described pixie there but first a he wont let me be one anyway and b thats what i think about any sprite should be like that so yes
but lastly once again please and thanks to all of those who post:smallwink:

Hazkali
2007-10-10, 01:58 AM
Okay, most of what you've asked for is a primary factor in increasing level adjustment, so your quest isn't really going to be very fruitful. However, I'll see what I can do.

Firstly, there are very few LA+0 characters with any form of a fly speed. However, Raptorans from Races of the Wild (half bird-men things, like the Hawkmen from Flash Gordon) have an interesting mechanic that increases their flying ability with their hit dice, allowing them to stay LA+0. The "Winged Creature" template from Savage Species is a LA+2 template, so that might not be of interest.

Secondly, a Charisma or Dex increase. Most of the fey from the Monster Manuals have Charisma increases, but again, they come with fey hit dice and level adjustment. The same with Tiny size- anything below Small comes with a large level adjustment due to the natural benefits of being small (increased attack, AC and hide checks, to name a few) to many character types.

If your campaign is high-enough level, a Pixie (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#pixie) might be something you'd be interested in- amongst many other things, +8 Dex, +6 Cha, Small size and a fly speed of 60ft with good manoeuvrability. On the downside, it has a minimum level adjustment of +4, although with no racial HD, so a 1st level Pixie character is a 5th level character.

Psionic Dog
2007-10-10, 07:40 AM
If it is a realy high level campain, you could take 10 levels of dragon deciple and gain wings and charisma, but otherwise creatures with those features just don't exist as with +0 LA.

Also, have you looked at Grigs (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#grig)? They are a lot weaker than Pixies, but have a LA +3, so a 1st level grig character would have an ECL of 4 instead of a pixie's 5.

If you want lower, here is a homebrewed fay that I think would have a +1 LA.

Lesser Grig
Tiny
15 ft / 30 ft fly (poor)
-6 Str
+4Dex
+2Cha
+1 Natural armor
+4 Jump
Bonus Feat: Weapon Finess
Damage Reduction -5/cold iron
Spell like abuilies: 3/day: Presignation, Ghost Sound, 1/day: Disguise Self, Invisibility (self only) casts as 4th level caster.
Spell Resistance 5 + HD (Max 25)
Favored Class: Sourcer

If you want someting with no LA, take a gnome or a halfling.

Ragna
2007-10-10, 07:55 AM
Well, another option is to suggest a variant homebrewed rule, the destiny level

In short, destiny levels replace LA, have a D4 hit die, poor in all saves, poor skill points, and give the abilities of a base class once every two levels (Spellcasting, Manuvers, etc)

raichi
2007-10-10, 12:40 PM
k thnks i'll ask about the grig/ the destiny levels once again keep'm comin. and stuff