PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Path of War] Daisho Expertise Limitations

torrasque666
2019-07-23, 11:38 AM
Quick question, (would have asked this in the DSP thread but that's way far back and I don't even know if its actively looked at anymore) but does Daisho Expertise also work with Double Walking Stick Katanas? I mean, they do have Katana in the name and are also stated to be similar to wakizashis with the feat also works with.

Elricaltovilla
2019-07-23, 12:31 PM
The feat was not designed with that weapon in mind, especially considering I'd never even heard of it until today. If the blades are functionally identical to wakizashi, I think it would be reasonable to allow them to work with the feat.

The problem is the quarterstaff function of the weapon is definitely not intended to work with Daisho Expertise (that's what Polearm Dancer is for), and that you would still need proficiency with the katana or wakizashi to qualify for Daisho Expertise, and EWP for that weapon. Given all of that, I'm not really sure it's worth it to bother with.

torrasque666
2019-07-23, 02:34 PM
I mean, the weapon was in Ultimate Combat (pg 132) so its not exactly new...

Elricaltovilla
2019-07-23, 02:56 PM
I mean, the weapon was in Ultimate Combat (pg 132) so its not exactly new...

And your point is? I never knew that double walking stick katanas were a weapon that existed. I am not omniscient.

Ninjaxenomorph
2019-07-23, 06:09 PM
And the nodachi is basically a katana that got longer; still needs Polearm Dancer (since its both a polearm and a heavy blade). RAW, Daisho Expertise states exactly what weapons it works with (wakizashis and katanas). I agree with Elricaltovilla it would be reasonable to add the double walking stick katana to the feat (when not being used as a quarterstaff), but it's definitely a house rule.