PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Multiple Infusions, One Weapon

Setharious
2019-07-23, 08:46 PM
So looking into the artificer infusions, I started thinking of a fun hand crossbow wielding character. Of course I want to buff the crossbow as much as possible, and I see two infusions to do the job: Repeating shot and Enhanced Weapon. The page I look at says you cannot infuse an item with the same infusion twice, but I don't see it explicitly saying you cannot put two infusions on a single item. What are your thoughts?

Dork_Forge
2019-07-23, 08:54 PM
So looking into the artificer infusions, I started thinking of a fun hand crossbow wielding character. Of course I want to buff the crossbow as much as possible, and I see two infusions to do the job: Repeating shot and Enhanced Weapon. The page I look at says you cannot infuse an item with the same infusion twice, but I don't see it explicitly saying you cannot put two infusions on a single item. What are your thoughts?

I can't see anything saying you can't do that but there's no reason you'd really want to unless you were level 12+ and were using a crossbow as the two +1 bonuses wouldn't stack, you'd just burn two infusions on the same item and still just have a +1 weapon.

ProsecutorGodot
2019-07-23, 09:12 PM
No, unfortunately.

Reasoning: You can only infuse a non-magical object with one of your infusions at a time.

Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch a nonmagical object and imbue it with one of your artificer infusions, turning it into a magic item.
Magical Items are not a valid target for infusions.

While you can infuse multiple items with a single infusion at the same time, it doesn't allow multiple infusions on a single item.

You can infuse more than one nonmagical object at the end of a long rest; the maximum number of objects appears in the Infused Items column of the Artificer table.