PDA

View Full Version : Is LogicNinja/Eldariel Still Around? His Wizard Handbook has a mistake.

StevenC21
2019-07-24, 12:59 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?104002-3-5e-The-Logic-Ninja-s-Guide-to-Wizards-Being-Batman

Anyway, towards the end, he talks about Arcane Thesis. The information on the feat is correct. However, he incorrectly states that Chain Spell is applicable to the Enervation spell. In fact, Chain Spell only applies to spells with a 'Target' line: Enervation has no such line, and thus, Logic Ninja is incorrect in his example.

Likewise, he later states that Split Ray and Chain Spell are combineable in his "tricks" section - this doesn't work, for obvious reasons.

Is it at all possible for this to be fixed?

-----

I do want to point out that the only reason I know this is because I made the same mistake before I was jumped on by some very well educated Playgrounders about the nature of Chain Spell:smallbiggrin:.

StevenC21
2019-07-24, 04:55 AM
I'd also like to add that I have no ill will towards Eldariel. I simply would like the guidebook to be edited to correct this error that might lead astray newer players.

Eldariel
2019-07-24, 07:22 AM
I'm still around, but I'm not LogicNinja. Indeed, he's long since moved onto other games, and the guide itself is aeons old. I intentionally made no changes or updates other than formatting and typesetting, when I reposted it here, as it's important especially in the historical sense.

I could add a note about RAW issues and such in a subsequent post, when I get around to it. Though RAI Rays certainly feel, like they should be Chainable (they have an implicit target in the target of the Ray). Send me a PM or something, so I'll get around to it, when I'm at my computer again. Too bothersome to find and edit posts via phone.