PDA

View Full Version : listed prices for animals that include life stages

calam
2019-07-24, 10:27 PM
I was looking at the axebeak for pathfinder and it had costs for both (presumably fertile) eggs as well as young born axebeaks which I thought was really cool since it gives me a bit of an idea of how expensive it is to raise fictional creatures in a D&D setting. So basically besides the axebeak in pathfinder are there any other pf/3.5 creatures that gives that type of information?

Thurbane
2019-07-24, 10:44 PM
There's quite a lot in 3.5: mainly magical beasts, and mainly prices for eggs and/or hatchlings.

Just from the SRD:

Giant eagle eggs are worth 2,500 gp apiece on the open market, while chicks are worth 4,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train a giant eagle.
Giant owl eggs are worth 2,500 gp apiece on the open market, while chicks are worth 4,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train a giant owl.
Griffon eggs are worth 3,500 gp apiece on the open market, while young are worth 7,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 1,500 gp to rear or train a griffon.
Hippogriff eggs are worth 2,000 gp apiece on the open market, while young are worth 3,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train a hippogriff.
Pegasus eggs are worth 2,000 gp each on the open market, while young are worth 3,000 gp per head. Pegasi mature at the same rate as horses. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train a pegasus, which serves a good or neutral master with absolute faithfulness for life.
Spider eater eggs are worth 2,000 gp apiece on the open market, while young are worth 3,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 3,000 gp to rear or train a spider eater.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-24, 10:47 PM
Deep hound in RoS, brixashulti and eleven hound in RoD I believe as well. The warbeast template puts a price on rearing/buying any animal. I believe there's more, but they escape me at the moment.

Thurbane
2019-07-24, 11:11 PM
MM2

Young asperis are worth 7,000 gp per head. They mature at the same rate as horses do. A professional trainer charges 2,000 gp to rear an asperi or to train it as a mount.

MM3

A young battletitan that makes it to the open market commands whatever price the market can bear, which is often more than 100,000 gp.
A rage drake willing to serve as a mount and trained for battle costs at least 15,000 gp.

MM4

Because of the time and effort involved, a domesticated firebelcher mount costs 35,000 gp.
The Red Wizards of Thay are very interested in iceskidders. They offer 5,000 gp for the capture of one and as much as 7,000 gp for an iceskidder egg.

MM5

A giant eagle egg or giant owl egg is worth 2,500 gp, and the formulas and components necessary to make the egg hatch a deadborn vulture cost 5,000 gp. Few trainers are willing to rear or train a deadborn vulture, but those that are charge 2,000 gp to do so.
Steelwing eggs are worth 10,000 gp each on the open market. Professional trainers charge 20,000 gp to hatch and train a steelwing.

calam
2019-07-25, 11:05 PM
I'm surprised that there's so many with this sort of info which will be very useful in my campaigns. As a side note its very odd that Asperis have taming and purchasing prices since they are on average smarter than most mortal races.