PDA

View Full Version : Are the Fisher and Smuggler (from Ghosts of Saltmarsh) missing proficiencies?

HappyDaze
2019-07-25, 05:46 AM
Ghosts of Saltmarsh gives us several new Backgrounds. Among them, the Fisher has one language proficiency and no tool proficiency. Should it have Vehicles (water) too? Likewise, the Smuggler has Vehicles (water) and no other tool/language proficiency. Should it have one language proficiency added? Have these questions already been addressed somewhere?

GlenSmash!
2019-07-25, 03:13 PM
I haven't read it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The Haunted One background in Curse of Strahd had a missing proficiency that was later errata'd.

KorvinStarmast
2019-07-26, 01:06 PM
Ghosts of Saltmarsh gives us several new Backgrounds.
Among them, the Fisher has one language proficiency and no tool proficiency. Should it have Vehicles (water) too?
Likewise, the Smuggler has Vehicles (water) and no other tool/language proficiency.
Should it have one language proficiency added? Yes, they should, WoTC screwed the pooch on that one.

Have these questions already been addressed somewhere?
Have not seen official word yet, will check WoTC site later today.

HappyDaze
2019-07-26, 07:06 PM
I'm also curious why Marine gets Vehicles (land). I would have thought a Gaming Set (choose one) would have made more sense. Of course, these marines get a forced march ability so they obviously spend more time slogging across land than even the soldier... which is weird.

Merudo
2019-11-28, 05:45 AM
The Haunted One background in Curse of Strahd had a missing proficiency that was later errata'd.

There has been no errata for Curse of Strahd.

Ventruenox
2019-11-29, 09:46 AM
Mödley Crüe: Turn Unthread!