PDA

View Full Version : Viabiliry question

Dragconixs
2019-07-25, 12:20 PM
Playing as a Kobold.

Would this work?
rouge 4 scorerer 4 warlock 1 eldritch theurge 3 Spell thief (master Spell thief)
Spellwarped sniper 4 arcane trickster 3

I'm taking the dragonblood sorcerer subatution level.

Right now I'm rouge lvl 4 with point blank shot and precise shot for feats.

Zaq
2019-07-25, 06:39 PM
What are you trying to do, and how do you envision doing it?

I can see your stub, but spell it out in words and sentences: what do you really want this character to do?

Adding casting midway through a build can pay off long-term but can feel frustrating in the short run. 1st level spells aren’t nothing, but they aren’t amazing at this level, and you’ll be ECL 8 before you even learn your first 2nd level spell. Are you comfortable with that? Yes, more magic is better than less magic, but at the actual table, you might feel like you’re treading water for a while.

Ellyth
2019-07-25, 11:10 PM
I don’t really see much advantage from the rogue levels. Spellthief covers getting you sneak attack, which you could then progress with unseen seer or arcane trickster, and have much better spellcasting. I like the idea of spellwarp sniper with greatreach blast, but prior to the capstone they kind of... don’t mesh with each other as well as they could. And since you only have four levels of eldritch theurge, I’m kind of wondering what the point is? The invocations of a 4th-level warlock aren’t exactly stunning here...

Oh, also, you don’t appear to actually qualify for eldritch theurge, unless you’re taking these class levels in a different order than you have listed, and using arcane trickster to advance warlock. Eldritch theurge requires eldritch blast 2d6—and improving its caster level, e.g. with Master Spellthief, doesn’t actually improve its damage. You need spellcasting progression to get it.

Dragconixs
2019-07-30, 11:24 AM
I don’t really see much advantage from the rogue levels. Spellthief covers getting you sneak attack, which you could then progress with unseen seer or arcane trickster, and have much better spellcasting. I like the idea of spellwarp sniper with greatreach blast, but prior to the capstone they kind of... don’t mesh with each other as well as they could. And since you only have four levels of eldritch theurge, I’m kind of wondering what the point is? The invocations of a 4th-level warlock aren’t exactly stunning here...

Oh, also, you don’t appear to actually qualify for eldritch theurge, unless you’re taking these class levels in a different order than you have listed, and using arcane trickster to advance warlock. Eldritch theurge requires eldritch blast 2d6—and improving its caster level, e.g. with Master Spellthief, doesn’t actually improve its damage. You need spellcasting progression to get it.

I'm actually not going with this idea anymore thanks for the help.

Dragconixs
2019-07-30, 11:38 AM
There is no more need for this thread