PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help into finding a god

GenxZ
2019-07-26, 01:54 AM
Hi, good night to everyone.

Im in needed of help, i am currently searching for a god that has War and Time domains for a 3.5 pc. Ive searched lots of gods but with no luck, if any of you knows about a god that has those 2 domains, i will always appreciate it.

Thank you so much in advance.

pabelfly
2019-07-26, 02:19 AM
I use this search engine to find deities: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/FindDeity.php

Can't find a deity that specifically has both - Time is a pretty uncommon domain and none of the gods with Time have War (or vice versa).

Without knowing why you want such a deity, it's hard to make further recommendations on how to deal with this situation, but depending on what you want to do, you might talk to your DM about creating you a deity that has both domains, or if you want to create a cleric with those specific domains, you can have a cleric that devotes themselves to a cause, rather than a deity.

Dekion
2019-07-26, 09:12 AM
As pabelfly inquired: Do you have to have a god? As not all divine classes require a specific god, and you can choose a philosophy or a pantheon instead, especially if you don't want to go through the effort of creating a new deity.

(edited for clarification)

RNightstalker
2019-07-26, 09:46 PM
Hi, good night to everyone.

Im in needed of help, i am currently searching for a god that has War and Time domains for a 3.5 pc. Ive searched lots of gods but with no luck, if any of you knows about a god that has those 2 domains, i will always appreciate it.

Thank you so much in advance.

A Contemplative (CD 30-33) gains a bonus domain of your choice essentially, but there's a 13 rank knowledge requirement. You can burn two feats from Cityscape to gain a bonus rank above the max to enter a level early if it's that important.

Particle_Man
2019-07-26, 09:52 PM
You could worship The War Doctor from Dr. Who. John Hurt is divine!:smallsmile:

MisterKaws
2019-07-27, 06:01 AM
In the greek pantheon, you can explicitly worship as many deities as you want. Be some sort of philosopher and worship Chronos(not Cronus) and Ares at the same time.

Darrin
2019-07-27, 07:49 AM
The Time domain was never really included in any campaign world outside of Forgotten Realms. So outside of the three deities that have Time in the Forgotten Realms sourcebooks, there just isn't anything in print that pairs up Time with War.

So... you're probably going to need to use a work-around. Here are some suggestions:

1) Take an existing deity that really really should have Time and give them that domain. For example, Odin in the Norse/Asgardian pantheon should probably have Time as part of his portfolio. Unfortunately, there are very few War deities that also have Time as part of the same portfolio. Odin might be the only example I can come up with.

2) Worship an entire pantheon. There are rules for this in Deities & Demigods for the Asgardian, Olympian, and Pharaonic pantheon. There are similar rules in Eberron for worshiping the Sovereign Host or the Dark Six. You can select any two domains that are covered by any of the deities in that pantheon. Unfortunately, the Time domain was printed after Deities & Demigods, so there aren't any official deities in Deities & Demigods that actually list Time as an available domain. You sort of have to handwave it in on a deity that explicitly has Time as part of the description of their powers or portfolio. In the Greek pantheon, Kronos was the god of time, but we don't have any official listing of his domains or portfolio... and the current Olympian gods would probably have some problems with clerics worshiping their sworn enemies. In the Egyptian pantheon, Heh was the god of time, but he's not popular enough to warrant a write-up anywhere, you'd just have to assume he was there and part of the pantheon. In Eberron... I'm not sure which aspects of the Sovereign Host or the Dark Six would involve time-related stuff.

3) In Power of Faerun, there's a feat called Heretic of the Faith. This allows you to select one domain outside of your deity's established portfolio, so long as you can explain to your DM how this domain fits into the tenets of your heresy. Obviously, this feat is specific to the Forgotten Realms campaign world, but you could ask your DM to allow it in a different campaign world.

4) Contemplative has already been mentioned.

5) This one is 100% legal, but... there's a catch. The clerics of Sertrous can pick any two domains they like, as if they were worshiping an ideal (Elder Evils p. 116). The downside is... you're worshiping an Elder Evil who wants to destroy the Material Plane or at least turn it into a giant squirming snake pit.

MisterKaws
2019-07-27, 09:20 AM
5) This one is 100% legal, but... there's a catch. The clerics of Sertrous can pick any two domains they like, as if they were worshiping an ideal (Elder Evils p. 116). The downside is... you're worshiping an Elder Evil who wants to destroy the Material Plane or at least turn it into a giant squirming snake pit.

The upside is free feats!

pabelfly
2019-07-27, 09:41 AM
The upside is free feats!

Who hasn't gone down the dark side end of the alignment system for character freebies?