PDA

View Full Version : Alucard vs. Dante

Setra
2007-10-10, 11:19 AM
Alucard, from Hellsing, vs. Dante from Devil May Cry.

Both have shown a ridiculous resistance to bullets, swords, and other items, and just silly huge power in general.

My money, is on Alucard.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-10, 11:34 AM
I've only seen 2 episodes of Hellsing and never played Devil may Cry, so i'm going to instead have Alucard from Castlevania vs Dante the author. I have to give it to Alucard. Even if Dante had Virgil helping him out, I think Alucard's 4 forms and many weapons would be too much for the writer. Even if it were simply the Castlevania 3 version of Alucard, I think the fight would be closer, but Alucard would pull out the win.

2007-10-10, 01:29 PM
This is not a fair fight, Alucard has more stupid levels of power.

But if we're having a battle of cool, Dante wins hands down. Dante wins pretty much every cool-battle hands down. Go watch the opening of DMC3 if you doubt me.

And in the fight, the Saint of Killers shows up to help Dante, so he wins anyway :smalltongue:

Semidi
2007-10-10, 01:44 PM
I'm going to have to go with Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Vs. Dante the poet as well. Because I don’t like anime and have never played Devil May Cry.

I really can't imagine that Alucard has much of an appreciation for 13th century Italian poetry aside from quoting really cool passages when he's about to send a demon to hell. So Dante's main attack is negated.

However, Dante is a human and not a monster and wouldn't have a very basic pattern which Alucard could exploit (Doesn't walk back and forth on a platform and throw the Divine Comedy at Alucard when he gets within range then has to wait five seconds for it to re-appear in his hand).

I'm giving it to Alucard though, as he could just stab Dante. Unless of course a literal Deus Ex Machina occurs such as a Heavenly Host showing up.

SurlySeraph
2007-10-10, 02:10 PM
For the actual anime character vs. the actual DMC character, Alucard wins. Why? He's just stupidly powerful. Superman powerful, Goku powerful. Dante can do ridiculously impossible acrobatics, is a master swordsman and an expert gunfighter, and can turn into a hyperpowerful demon, but he's not just a win button who only looks like he has limits because he always toys with his enemies. Dante's too proud to just go all-out and kill Alucard while Alucard's holding back and gloating, so Alucard would win. Done.

Tengu
2007-10-10, 02:45 PM
What about Alucard vs Manji from Blade of the Immortal? Both of them are very powerful in offense and have only one defensive ability - practical immortality. Both like to use the "get shredded to pieces by bullets/blade, regenerate and, grinning demonically, kill the enemy who's too terrified to move now" tactic.

BlackStaticWolf
2007-10-10, 03:40 PM
As others have said... Alucard vs. Dante... Alucard takes it. Easily.

What about Alucard vs Manji from Blade of the Immortal? Both of them are very powerful in offense and have only one defensive ability - practical immortality. Both like to use the "get shredded to pieces by bullets/blade, regenerate and, grinning demonically, kill the enemy who's too terrified to move now" tactic.

Alucard. Easily. Manji's regenerative abilities aren't even close to on par with Alucard's. When Manji gets cut to bits, he has to physically reattach the limb... or get someone else to do it.

Alucard has no such limits. He gets reduced to gory chunks and comes back for more on a regular basis. Also... he offensive capabilities (even without his familiars and whatnot) FAR outstrip Manji's... after all, let us not forget that those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A better Hellsing match for Manji would be paladin Anderson. Both carry a ridiculous amount of bladed weapons and but abjectly refuse to die, even when you shoot them in the head.

Hell Puppi
2007-10-10, 09:20 PM
Alucard. Always.:smallwink:

Wiseman
2007-10-12, 08:02 AM
yea arucard rules, he won new power's every charpter ;3