PDA

View Full Version : assistance plz

Midnighter1021
2007-10-10, 12:50 PM
ok so here is the thing I am making a homebrewed campaign setting in the ancient world ( Greeks,Romans, Gallics, Germanics etc) am I am stumped on how to set up a skill set of a Hoplite Class, I have the majority of it done but need help decided how the phalanx should work so if someone out there could maybe point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Hazkali
2007-10-10, 01:26 PM
Okay, I believe there is a "Phalanx Fighting" tactical feat in Complete Warrior. You could merely state that the core of all hoplite forces are made up of 1st-level fighters with this feat, if you're looking for a simple fix. From the terms of the post it looks like you want to do a more detailed fix.

In terms of the abilities of a potential phalanx fighter, I would perhaps give them a stacking bonus to armour class if they are flanked on either side by friends (e.g +2 per 4 levels, as a ballpark). In terms of other abilities, I'm afraid I can't think of anything distinct from the fighter class, although my mercenary class (see sig) might be good if you're looking for something a bit different.

Icewalker
2007-10-10, 01:32 PM
I made a hoplite bronze golem for MitP a little while back. There is a style thing or feat or something that lets you wield both a spear and a shield. I think it's actually called "Shield and Spear Style" or something like that.