PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of Hermes build

DanTG230
2019-07-27, 12:50 AM
Hey there playgrounders, this is my first post, so let me know if there's something about this.

I'm running a campaign where the Greek gods have stong influence in Grayhawk, and I want to make a lvl 20 Cleric of Hermes, focused on travels and trickery, any ideas on a good build? I was thinking on using the sacred outlaw feat, but if there's other interesting options I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advise

Biggus
2019-07-27, 10:17 PM
You might want to look at the Travel Devotion feat (Complete Champion p.62).

Are you aware of the rules on weaponlike spells (Complete Arcane p.72-73 and p.85-86) which state that any spell which requires an attack roll and deals damage can be used to make a sneak attack?

Beyond that, can you give us a bit more detail on what you want your character to do? What role(s) do you want to play in the party?

DanTG230
2019-07-27, 10:51 PM
It's just meant for a NPC that's going to be frecuent in the campaign, the party seems to want to be evil so he might turn into a concurrent antagonist chasing the party

I just want him to be completely dedicated to
Hermes and the road, while retaining most as much divine spellcasting as posible.

Probably going to be acompanied by a rogue (CN) skulk lvl 5 -18 growing as the party does so it's not nescesary to be a jack of all trades, but he should be a trickster all the way, still as a Cleric

Biggus
2019-07-28, 09:59 AM
If you're taking Sacred Outlaw you're probably best with just a single level of Rogue and the rest Cleric.

There aren't many prestige classes for Cleric/ Rogues, the only standard ones I know of that might fit this character are Spellwarp Sniper and Magical Trickster (Complete Scoundrel). If you allow third party content, there's Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9623145&postcount=7) designed by the Giant himself.

If he's human you might also want to consider the Able Learner feat (Races of Destiny) to make all skills cost only 1 skill point per rank. Take your Rogue level first and you can advance all Rogue class skills as a Cleric with no penalty. If you want extra skill points, there's the Nymph's Kiss feat (Book of Exalted Deeds).

weckar
2019-07-29, 06:50 AM
There's also the Divine Prankster from RoS.

Of course, you could just make your own prestige class; that's rather the point of em.