PDA

View Full Version : RAW? this is RAW, like life!

slexlollar89
2007-10-10, 01:48 PM
Forget RAW! this RAW like life!

Having fulfilled my dailly alotment of bad pun, Has anybody had fun times whn their DM ignored or forgot/ignored RAW in favor of the funny?

I played a campaign where the 1/2 ogre goliath used the partie's 2 rogue halflings as two greatclubs, and the wore spiked armor shells and carried flails!

Roderick_BR
2007-10-10, 04:35 PM
My friend had a friend that constantly got struck by lightnings fallen from the sky, everytime he said something TOO much silly.
Even indoors.
No, it didn't really hurt him at all, nor damaged any of his itens, and didn't distract him in battles.

I was the DM at the time.:smallbiggrin:
It was funny because of the line that started it: The group was worried of meeting dragons in some area, and my friend let out this pearl:
"It's easier for a lightning to fall on my head, than for a dragon suddenly pass flying over here."
It quickly become a running gag.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-10-10, 08:17 PM
I sometimes overrule RAW as a DM...simply in favor of common sense, speeding the game along, siplifiying things, and, yes, humor.

Once, when the party had just finished killing a giant squid, the Ogre barbarian said "mmm...calamari!" and started eating a tentacle. I said, totally seriously, "ok. Roll a Fort save." He just looked at me for a minute, and we all cracked up. Well...maybe you had to be there.

martyboy74
2007-10-10, 08:20 PM
I played in a low level campaign where we had the halfing rogue sit on my half-giant's shoulder's shooting people with his crossbow.

It may not have made any sense at all, but man, was it funny!