PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] ToB to PoW ... Quantifying mechanical power differentials

Miss Disaster
2019-07-27, 10:04 AM
Hey GitP Folks,

I'm in the process of porting over a lot of the 3.5 ToB disciplines and maneuvers over to Pathfinder's (DSP's) Path of War milieu. In addition, I'm also porting over a lot of the quality GitP Homebrew Forum's ToB schools and maneuvers to the same Pathfinder setup.

I was wondering if any of you have observations on comparative metrics that differentiate their relative power levels. For example, would you consider PoW's stuff to be 30% stronger than ToB?

And I'd love to hear of any conversion advice you'd have on amping-up the ToB stuff to fit the higher firepower of PoW's mechanics.

Thanks for any help!

GrayDeath
2019-07-27, 02:45 PM
Hmmm, has been tried a few times here methinks.....

Overall, porting the Disciplines that do not have a clear analogue in the "better" PoW setup is not a bad idea.

As for the power differential....it varies. If you only look at the amount of extra damage/attacks, ToB loses. Hard.

However, there are some disciplines in ToB that do stuff that PoW doesnt, or disciplines that seem more ... in style with the theme?

Diamond Minds Save replacers, Iron heart surge, and Shadow hands multpile Speed type Teleports (and final maneuver) come to mind.

Overall though it will likely be the case that these things are better served by integrating them into preexisting PoW Disciplines, as changing all ToB Disciplines to the needed power level might be too ahrd and/or change the discipline beyond its (keep worthy) Theme.

Just my opinion though, dont feel discouraged. ^^

PraxisVetli
2019-07-27, 03:02 PM
I think the biggest power differential my table has noticed is the frequency in which PoW and PoW Harder's classes get Stances and the ability to switch out older maneuvers. It's nearly twice as often, and that matters a lot, especially when you're stuck in a stance for 4 levels.