PDA

View Full Version : Dark folk tales/ Grimm brothers stories monsters? [PF1]

Kol Korran
2019-07-27, 12:23 PM
First of all, if your gaming groups consists of Guy, Ariel, Alon, Eyal and Ann Marie- Shooo! Potential spoilers ahead!

Pesky nosy players... Ok, now to the matter at hand:
Soon, after a loooong hiatus, I'll be GMing a new campaign! Yay! I won't get int nall the details, but the setting and tone is one of dark ages folk tales, Grimm brothers stories (The old ones, not the new "safe for kids" version), or Neil Gaiman's more disturbing tales. In short, a sort of dark-ish horror fantasy, where the woods are dangerous and full of cunning and tricky monsters, there are things that will est you if you don't tread carefully, and most choices are filled with some uneasy/ questionable content...

I have the main conflict and pivotal elements in the works, but I'm looking for any specific monsters/ threats/ antagonists that can add to the atmosphere and feeling... If possible, from the PFSRD (Potentially with your own twists?), but any other inspiration will do.

These are not to be the main opponents, but still hopefully memorable...

Thanks in advance,
Kol.

Particle_Man
2019-07-27, 08:28 PM
One way to add to your monster list is to change the alignment of all non-evil fey in your game to evil. Evil pixies are nasty pieces of work!