PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Juggernaught Question ...

Dizlag
2007-10-10, 02:26 PM
Hey all!

I was wondering why the Warforged Juggernaught, a melee prestige class in Eberron Campaign Setting pgs.83-85, has a BAB progression as a cleric. Any thoughts on this? Too many special abilities and they had to reduce the BAB progression? Or is there an errata for this?

Thanks everyone!

Dizlag

leperkhaun
2007-10-10, 03:02 PM
i think its because of all the abilities it gets. The only real drawback is you cant get healed by healing, which by the time you get that, becomes a non issue.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-10, 03:05 PM
I think it is because of what was said above, and that construct HD comes with medium BAB.

smart thog
2007-10-10, 03:09 PM
I personally think its a typo. Granted, the benifits are good, but I think it was made for a Good base attack bonus.

Person_Man
2007-10-11, 08:55 AM
d12 hit die, immunity to crits/precision damage, mind affecting effects, death effects, necromancy, ability damage, ability drain, and a bunch of minor bonuses to grapple, bull rush, and charge. That's a lot to get in just 5 levels. It also makes you a really good mage slayer. I'd probably give them full BAB, but I can see why they would think medium BAB would work.

Dizlag
2007-10-11, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it's effectively a prestige class that, over time, turns the warforged into a construct. I can see the 3/4 BAB progression with it, but still with a name like "Juggernaught" you'd think a full BAB and a whole lotta hittin' goin' on! =)

Thanks for the feedback all!

Dizlag

Person_Man
2007-10-11, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it's effectively a prestige class that, over time, turns the warforged into a construct. I can see the 3/4 BAB progression with it, but still with a name like "Juggernaught" you'd think a full BAB and a whole lotta hittin' goin' on! =)

Actually, it turns you into something BETTER then a construct. Constructs have no Con scores, and thus they can sometimes have nerfed hit points. Warforged Juggernauts have Con scores, but still get most of the amazing immunities.