PDA

View Full Version : End of campaign: Epic Gestalt character help requested!

Mindstab_Thrull
2019-07-27, 09:53 PM
We started a campaign a couple years ago and have just hit level 33 from 30 (as every milestone at this point is a major achievement and worth 3 levels according to the DM). We will be tying everything up soon, needing to take out Tiamat's Red Dragon consort, and then the Queen of Dragons herself. And I'm currently stuck with what to do for my last few levels.
The character started off as the party's healer, but not too long after we had a player make a Healer//Bard and headed into Dervish. As such, my Cleric//Monk lost her raison d'être, so I built her around being *fast*, which is something I no longer need to push, because I've reached the objective I was trying for (flying faster than dragons). The Healer's player has since moved to England to be with his fiancée, but getting around the battlefield and healing is no issue for my character at this point. So I'm looking for recommendations for the last few levels. (This also means I have to plug in levels 31-33 as well as have a basic plan for maybe 7 levels after that, so 10 levels max.)

Here is the upshot of what I currently have:
-------------------------
Merredith, Level 30 Gestalted Lawful Neutral Catfolk
Classes (not exactly in order taken but approximately so):
Left side: Monk 20/Barbarian 1 (happened due to plot)/Mythic Exemplar (Orsos) 1/Swift Wing (Brass) 8
Right side: Cleric (philosophy rather than deity, domains: Celerity and Travel) 21/Mythic Exemplar 1/Fighter 2/Blade Dancer 1/Half Dragon (Bronze) 3/Swift Wing 2

Str 27, Dex 24, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 31, Cha 16.
AC 44, 290 hp. DR 10/magic, SR 30 (AFAIK)
Speed: 230 land, 460 fly (good), 120 burrow (granted by a deity)

Feats:
B - Empower Spell; 1 - Catfolk Pounce; 3 - Weapon Finesse; 6 - Maximize Spell; 9 - Master of Day and Night; 12 - Two-Weapon Fighting; 15 - Improved Two-Weapon Fighting; 18 - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting; 21 - Dodge; 24 - Run; 27 - Improved Speed; 30 - Epic Speed; M1 - Improved Unarmed Strike; M1 - Stunning Fist; M2 - Combat Reflexes; M6 - Improved Trip; F1 - Mobility; F2 - Spring Attack

Skill ranks (and some totals):
Climb 1, Concentration 20, Heal 24, Jump 24 (total 124), K-Arcana 5, K-History 5, K-Planes 2, K-Religion 28, Listen 2 (total 14), Move Silently 2 (total 10), Sense Motive 5, Spellcraft 24, Spot 26, Tumble 14 (total 32), Speak Language 1.0 (Draconic)

Furry of Blows: +27/+27/+27/+22/+17, 4d8+8
GTWF Furry of Blows: +25/+25/+25/+25/+20/+20/+15, 4d8+8

Relevant equipment:
"Gauntlets" of St Cuthbert
Amulet of: Natural Armor +2, Strength +6, Mighty Fists +4, and Retributive Healing
Headband of Wisdom +6
Gloves of Dexterity +6
Strongarm Bracers of Armor +6
Improved Ring of Jumping
-------------------------
Oh yes, she's also in a relationship with the Captain of the Guard of the town we use as a base of operations, has been for Quite Some Time Now (though *after* the campaign started), but said town has now been razed by a fleet of Red Dragons.
The party consists mainly of Merredith, Barbatos (human Rogue//Warblade - note that most of the party consists of complex builds like Merredith, but these are simplified descriptions), Magnus (Skullcrusher Ogre UA Ranger-style Barbarian/Hulking Hurler/War Hulk, current Strength of 80 and Large), Raven (Changeling Warlock/Sorcerer//Rogue who fakes pretty much *everything* and is the party Diplomancer), and Nemissor (Paladin//Ranger with Order of the Bow Initiate). There are some others that pop in occasionally as well, but these are the key party members.

Any recommendations with where to take her now would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Mindstab Thrull
Nomming ur sanities since 1864 BSE (Before the Sarpadian Empires)

DanTG230
2019-07-28, 09:09 AM
I don't know exactly what else you could/should do, but a few levels on cleric classes would be fun, altough not really helpful, if you've created any magic item, you could take 1 lvl wizard and try your hand in dweomerkeeper 2 (complete divine web enhancement) on one side yo give it wizard tier 2 spells (and access to shivering touch spell), and duskblade 3 on the other which could allow you to stuff any touch *arcane* spell you know into a weapon as a standart action that doesn't create AoO's, it's just an anti-dragon measure, which I'm almost sure it won't help a whole lot since it would be weird if figures of the stature you're fighting fell for a tier 1 spell

DanTG230
2019-07-28, 09:17 AM
And about the 7 lvls afterwards keeping it until DK 10 would give you the ability to cast any 4 spells you can cast per day as supernatural spells, which takes away any components of any type, and you'll be casting arcane spells as if you were a wizard 10.

Mindstab_Thrull
2019-07-28, 03:45 PM
I don't know exactly what else you could/should do, but a few levels on cleric classes would be fun, altough not really helpful, if you've created any magic item, you could take 1 lvl wizard and try your hand in dweomerkeeper 2 (complete divine web enhancement) on one side yo give it wizard tier 2 spells (and access to shivering touch spell), and duskblade 3 on the other which could allow you to stuff any touch *arcane* spell you know into a weapon as a standart action that doesn't create AoO's, it's just an anti-dragon measure, which I'm almost sure it won't help a whole lot since it would be weird if figures of the stature you're fighting fell for a tier 1 spell

Dweomerkeeper:

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a dweomerkeeper, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks.
Feats: Any item creation feat and any metamagic feat.
Spells: Ability to cast arcane and divine spells.
Domain: Magic.
Special: The candidate must have created at least one magic item, whether of a permanent nature or not.

So it looks fun but the issue is going to be picking up the Magic Domain. Likely I am starting off with Wizard 1/Contemplative 1 and then Dweomerkeeper 9/Duskblade 9. Are there better options?

Mindstab Thrull
*looks up at Endrek Sahr longingly* When's lunch?

Biggus
2019-07-29, 12:28 PM
Dweomerkeeper is probably the most powerful Cleric prestige class, but depending on what you want to emphasise, there might be others worth considering. Ordained Champion (CC) allows you to trade turn attempts for smites, with the Great Smiting epic feat it could provide a good damage boost, but you'd need to see if your DM would be flexible on the "must worship Hextor or Heironeous" requirement.

The epic feat Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting would be useful if you spend a lot of time under the effect of Haste or Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (SpC) or otherwise with an extra attack per round at full BAB (it's not much good if not, as you just get an extra attack at -15).