PDA

View Full Version : Post credits (Ant-Man)

MikelaC1
2019-07-28, 11:04 AM
Last night, I watched Ant-Man for the first time, and Im having a little trouble understanding the post credits scene. Chronologically, we know Ant-Man occurred before Civil War (since Falcon and AM recall their first fight) yet in the post credits scene Captain and Falcon specifically reference the Sokovia Accords, which would not have happened yet (they were the lynchpin of Civil War). They also reference what they are going to do with Bucky but then how does Bucky get free to cause the Civil War. If for some reason this scene is supposed to be after Civil War (which it cant obviously be) then it fails on that, because we know what happens to him, he gets put back into his suspended sleep and hidden away with Black Panther.

Keltest
2019-07-28, 11:10 AM
Last night, I watched Ant-Man for the first time, and Im having a little trouble understanding the post credits scene. Chronologically, we know Ant-Man occurred before Civil War (since Falcon and AM recall their first fight) yet in the post credits scene Captain and Falcon specifically reference the Sokovia Accords, which would not have happened yet (they were the lynchpin of Civil War). They also reference what they are going to do with Bucky but then how does Bucky get free to cause the Civil War. If for some reason this scene is supposed to be after Civil War (which it cant obviously be) then it fails on that, because we know what happens to him, he gets put back into his suspended sleep and hidden away with Black Panther.

Its been a little while, but I believe the post credits scene is supposed to take place during Civil War. It may even be a scene directly out of the movie.

The New Bruceski
2019-07-28, 11:26 AM
Its been a little while, but I believe the post credits scene is supposed to take place during Civil War. It may even be a scene directly out of the movie.

It is. Or it was a scene from the movie slightly shifted, I can't recall. It's just a big "Ant-Man will be in Civil War" sign.

Friv
2019-07-28, 11:26 AM
Yeah, the post-credits scene takes place during Civil War, right before Falcon calls Ant-Man in to help with the airport fight.

Magic_Hat
2019-07-29, 09:22 PM
Yeah, the post-credits scene takes place during Civil War, right before Falcon calls Ant-Man in to help with the airport fight.

Or you could go my my reasoning: the MCU has no real consistency or continuity.:smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2019-07-29, 10:22 PM
Or you could go my my reasoning: the MCU has no real consistency or continuity.:smallwink:

No, it really is a part of a scene from where they take Bucky after they get him to safety in Civil War.

Magic_Hat
2019-07-29, 10:52 PM
No, it really is a part of a scene from where they take Bucky after they get him to safety in Civil War.

Fine. In this scenario the continuity makes sense. There. I said one thing about the MCU that wasn't horribly negative.

The Glyphstone
2019-07-29, 11:34 PM
Fine. In this scenario the continuity makes sense. There. I said one thing about the MCU that wasn't horribly negative.

Typo correction as intended? Cause pretty much everything you normally say about the MCU is horribly negative.:smallbiggrin:

Magic_Hat
2019-07-30, 12:34 AM
Typo correction as intended? Cause pretty much everything you normally say about the MCU is horribly negative.:smallbiggrin:

I think doing it made my brain not work.

The Glyphstone
2019-07-30, 02:33 AM
I think doing it made my brain not work.

Your fingers tried to rebel from what they were being forced to write.

Magic_Hat
2019-07-30, 07:50 PM
Your fingers tried to rebel from what they were being forced to write.

If it makes anyone feel better and makes me seem like not a DC fanboy (a notion I frequently face despite the fact the last DC film I saw was the Dark Knight Rises) the Pennyworth show looks so bad it makes me want to watch Thor: the Dark World.*

*For the record I think there are at least five MCU films worse than that, but this is the one everyone seems to hate the most.