PDA

View Full Version : Turtle-druid-fey concept building

Falcos
2019-07-29, 09:24 AM
Hi all! So I've got a concept in my head of a Tortle Druid of Dreams, and I find myself really wanting to play up all of these aspects. Very fey, very turtley, and very druid-y. I'm kind of at a loss for ways to flesh out this concept, though. I know that I want to be really old, really cranky, and kind of insane/alien-to-human-standards, but I don't know what else to try to bring across, or even how to bring those aspects across well.

This does include the more usual mechanical help for any specific spells, feats, or other build ideas that may help bring the idea across more clearly. This is an AL game. My turtle is starting at level one.

Any and all help and feedback would be appreciated, please/thank you. :)

Teaguethebean
2019-07-29, 11:01 PM
Do you watch Dingo Doodles because Gothi Pre power boost was a cynical crazy hag who just says random things and I personally find that funny. Additionally a funny voice and plenty of mannerisms can really sell a character. Perhaps your character doesn't bother with names of the other races and just points at them and says "Mammal!" So instead of "Hey Charles can you buy us some drinks" say "Oy mammal... get me on oh dem ales" that could be fun to spice up his dissonances. And perhaps over time he grows to give the party names so Charles the fighter is now "Oy Hit stuff, get me some ale"

firelistener
2019-07-29, 11:12 PM
First priority regardless of anything else, I recommend making sure your character will be fun to play alongside for the others. Weird or crazy characters can easily turn annoying if they have too much weirdness and not enough helpfulness.

That said, I'd recommend you just play up your diet and sleeping habits to be turtley. Cold-blooded killer... no wait, cold-blooded vegetarian... maybe both.

Tawmis
2019-07-29, 11:21 PM
Boy, have I got a crazy idea, just for you! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24060179&postcount=247) :smallwink:

Falcos
2019-07-29, 11:29 PM
Boy, have I got a crazy idea, just for you! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24060179&postcount=247) :smallwink:

YOU DO INDEED! I did post this thread before noticing the existence of your godsend, though. :)