PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ultimate Psionics Astral Constructs

Miko_Kira
2019-07-29, 05:34 PM
Question; Are the Astral Construct stat blocks, in Ultimate Psionics, base stats for constructs without menu options?

Rynjin
2019-07-29, 05:47 PM
Yes, they are.

Miko_Kira
2019-07-29, 11:14 PM
Wonderful! Then that means I was overthinking this.

Psyren
2019-07-29, 11:43 PM
I guess you didn't believe my answer when you PM'ed me this question :smalltongue:

Rynjin
2019-07-30, 12:10 AM
Well, second opinions are always good! =)

Noxangelo
2019-07-30, 05:10 AM
so they can be upgraded like other constructs? (excuse the ignorance, 3.5 player, i'm new to pathfinder stuff)

Psyren
2019-07-30, 08:54 AM
so they can be upgraded like other constructs? (excuse the ignorance, 3.5 player, i'm new to pathfinder stuff)

Not sure what you mean by "upgraded." They are created on the spot by a psionic power, not crafted in a workshop like a golem. There's no need to "upgrade them" because you can just make a new one on the spot, and they wouldn't last long enough for that anyway.

Noxangelo
2019-08-02, 05:24 AM
can they be crafted like golems aswell? as in be made permanent?

Psyren
2019-08-02, 09:23 AM
can they be crafted like golems aswell? as in be made permanent?

They lack a "Construction" entry like most other constructs, which suggests no. However, Pathfinder does have general rules for making constructs, that you could use to finagle a calculation based on their CR.

The tricky part for ACs however is the menu abilities. Even if you rule that you can add these to a permanent construct, you wouldn't have an astral construct's greatest strength, i.e. the ability to choose different ones that fit your situation every time you manifest the power.

Segev
2019-08-02, 11:01 AM
They lack a "Construction" entry like most other constructs, which suggests no. However, Pathfinder does have general rules for making constructs, that you could use to finagle a calculation based on their CR.

The tricky part for ACs however is the menu abilities. Even if you rule that you can add these to a permanent construct, you wouldn't have an astral construct's greatest strength, i.e. the ability to choose different ones that fit your situation every time you manifest the power.

I think you'd get more mileage out of a psicrown, especially if you had a means of recharging it. Failing that, a daily-use item. It can get pretty pricey based on the augmentation upping the effective power level, but it would give you the flexibility and be still at least a well-grounded calculation (rather than having ad-hoc considerations). Whether it's a "good" price for the power is as debatable as ever wrt magic item creation.

unseenmage
2019-08-03, 10:01 PM
Are they listed with individual CRs?
If so you can have the guidelines kn the Building and Modifying Constructs section of the prd to make unique Constructs that have their stats.

If not then you'll need to figure out.thekr CR using PFs CR calculator THEN build them with prices based on their CR.

Miko_Kira
2019-08-08, 04:10 PM
I guess you didn't believe my answer when you PM'ed me this question :smalltongue:

Actually, I did believe your answer, but I remembered a message from you saying that I should solicit the community as a whole, because it's easier than you trying to give advice via PM.
I did try to delete the message, but you already got it. I do appreciate your help though. You're pracitcally a fountain of knowledge when it comes to psionics in Pathfinder and D&D.

Also; In the back of Ultimate Psionics pg. 443, it has unmodified stat blocks for Astral Constructs from CR 1 to CR 9, and Menu A, B, and C for modification choices based on Construct level.
I had to make an edit and covert the power to Animate Construct for flavor purposes due to an issue with my GM's campaign and denial of access to the Astral Plane and all other planes, excluding the Shadow Plane.