PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of Dragons 2.0

Waazraath
2019-07-30, 05:11 AM
Mhhh: https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tyranny-dragons

All nice an well that they do a remake, with errata, and a reworked first chapter... think it will be an improvement. But it doesn't feel really well that for less money then people who purchased the books when they came out, there is an improved version on the market now. Not really an incentive to quickly buy new material. Though on the other hand, I know that this was a bit rushed and half written before 5e itself was released, so oh well.

Just hope they make the extra stuff also available on (free) pdf.

firelistener
2019-07-30, 12:06 PM
The errata is already available for free, but I think the new artwork is supposed to be a big selling point, so I doubt they'll make that available for free.

Waazraath
2019-07-30, 12:20 PM
The errata is already available for free, but I think the new artwork is supposed to be a big selling point, so I doubt they'll make that available for free.

Really? Thnx, didn't know. Does that include the reworked first chapter?

KorvinStarmast
2019-07-30, 12:23 PM
I don't have the original one (I gave it as a gift to my nephew) so I need this one to round out my collection.

Morollan
2019-07-31, 03:11 AM
I'm in the midst of running this campaign and it's taken A LOT of work to get it running smoothly. I understand the revised version has rewritten Episode 1, which I think is a good idea as a lot of groups run into problems with the opening to this adventure. The main problem however it the loooooooong road trip in Episode 4. Almost every group that I've seen comment on this has basically skipped it or changed it a lot.

Personally, I think this entire adventure would have worked better as a high level game. My biggest problem running this game is that I keep on having to find reasons why the chromatic dragons aren't heavily involved with the Cult's plans. There are so many plot devices in there to keep the party away from any dragons but I'd rather start it at mid-high level and be able to throw the full might of Tiamat's children against the party and their allies.

CollectorOfMyst
2019-07-31, 03:53 AM
Hmm... well, I picked an interesting time to start running a game with the original version. Is this just going to be like a special edition, or will there be genuine rewriting?

Tawmis
2019-07-31, 04:01 AM
Really? Thnx, didn't know. Does that include the reworked first chapter?

Not even close. (https://media.dnd.wizards.com/HotDQ-Errata.pdf)