PDA

View Full Version : The Deadlands [IC]

ylvathrall
2019-07-31, 10:53 AM
It's a dry, cold day when you head out, the kind that the locals refer to as a cloud hunting day because you have to work to find one. The road into the Deadlands is empty, as usual, and while at first it is nothing more than another road, you're less than an hour out of Valkholm when you reach the edge of the Deadlands. The sky grows slowly less blue, and more grey, until there's a shimmering grey field above you. There are no animals, no plants beside the road. You hear a faint, irritating buzzing sound at the edge of hearing.

You have people with you, this time, and a lead. Some merchant was drunk last night, and he confided a rumor to you - a ruin, buried underground, with the entrance exposed by a recent storm. It's only three days travel into the Deadlands, hidden in a valley well off the beaten path, making it an excellent choice for a first expedition with new allies. Nobody knows if or what treasure lies hidden in the ruin, but the fact that it was until very recently buried means that there's a good chance of finding something, certainly better than in most ruins this close to the edge of the Deadlands.

Spore
2019-07-31, 01:29 PM
This was it. Dumar's opportunity to prove himself in the eyes of Kveld, with the peers at the clergy of Raveran, and something to further the city's safety by preventing anything leaving the Deadlands in the direction of the town.

Still, he was hardly thrilled about it. He could not go alone, he wasn't this stupid to go anywhere dangerous alone, and he hated people. Well, okay maybe hate is a strong word but he definitely preferred his own company to that of awfully chatty adventurers. Guys like that that Raza guy. Dumar could swear Raza was hiding something he was just unsure what. The tall mortal was urging him and a handful of others to sprint into the breach and shovel in anything they could find.

Dumar calmly explained that maybe rushing inside was a bad idea but the hot-headed guy had almost already formed an adventuring group. So he was now sitting there, late at night at the inn, discussing what to take with them.

Even if we ignore the possiblity of actually injured people, I strongly recommend we should get a cart and an oxen to transport off anything that would we worthwhile. My temple is wealthy enough to afford me good gear but most of the stuff I am wearing isn't even mine so I can't pay for all of the beasts and the cart! Dumar protested, bashing at his well-made mail armor and presenting his shield with the holy symbol of Kveld on it he wore even while drinking because his duty to protect the people only paused when he was asleep.

Lokio
2019-07-31, 07:13 PM
Near the dour cleric sat Kaza the Red, or so he was called, and so he looked. A charismatic man possessed of fiery red hair that looked, under certain light, like a mane of golden flame, his presence at the table was hard to miss. Hale and strong, nineteen hands tall and weighing just shy of sixteen stone, the very astute observer could tell that this was no mere human. A glint of fire in his eyes, a little bit of ice in his veins -- no, this creature was something otherworldly, but only to those who knew what to look for.

In any event, there was nothing about him that suggested that Kaza the Red was shy. Well-lacquered armor; a glorious red cloak that was a little bit like a cape; a song on his tongue and a story in his heart, the Red had sang a song earlier that night at the tavern and had found his place among new friends who, over the last few nights, he had started to round up toward a new venture.

That the drunk merchant had dropped the rumor into their laps was simply gravy. They'd need to move fast, of course. Nobody let those sorts of easy pickings stay long, and if he was a highwayman, he'd just set up on the road right at the edge of the 'Lands and ambush whoever was coming back with the loot. The sooner they were gone, the better.

He flashed a genial smile at the dour Hound.

"A cart's good. I'll chip in what I have, though I cannot say it is much, not yet, and the risks of this run go up the longer we wait. Even a handcart would help should we find something of value. I'm happy to pull, if need be. What do you folks think?"

A chuckle, like the notion of pulling something heavy amused him. He found his tankard and sipped from it, enjoying the ale. If they were to go into the Deadlands, it might be the last decent ale he ever had.

PersonMan
2019-08-01, 05:30 AM
Seryn sits slightly apart from the others; if it's for reasons beyond the visible, practical ones of leaving room for the various sharp pointy things to not poke into anyone, it isn't obvious. In front of her is a mug, filled only with water, which one gloved hand rests around. It isn't the only contrast to the others at the table; compared to Kaza and Dumar, Seryn is rather mundane, especially when seated, her armor (blackened to relieve some of the burden of maintaining it) almost humble when compared to the lacquered armor and red cloak of Kaza.

"A cart is good," Seryn agrees with a nod. "Horses, less good. They need food, water, for at least six days," she frowns. "...That would fill a small cart, on its own."

DoctorFaust
2019-08-01, 06:19 PM
Jeanne is mashed as close as she can get to Gorum, having already spent a large part of the evening picking his brain. She's one the more fantastical looking at the table, showing her Outsider heritage almost as much as the dog-headed Dumar, though her hood is now drawn up to prevent any drunkards from plucking at the feathers coming from her face. Several now-empty glasses of a strong liquor are sitting on the table in front of her, and she's starting to feel excited about the opportunity the merchant has presented them with.

"We already have my donkey," Jeanne volunteers. "And I know he can carry his own feed for a week. Gods know I've had him do it enough. "

DrK
2019-08-02, 12:55 AM
Gorum (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1955984)

Gorum sat, a sea of mead cups around him at the table as he chatted to the other Deadlands roamers alongside him."God's favour of us. The tomb may leave us rich enough to drink for a month." the hulking guide mutters. "You ready to see the Deadlands horrors girl?" he asks loudly to Jeanne.

Smacking the table he beckons another beer wench and orders more mead and a platter of sauce covered ribs for the table. At the dog headed cleric's suggestion he nodded. "Aye a cart will be good. I won't be dragging bodies out the blight." He rubs a hand over his horns, his long scaled tail grabbing a roll from a passing tray and dropping it in his hand. "Best drink up, precious little mead in the blight."

Spore
2019-08-02, 03:08 AM
We should be out of town by the crack of dawn. And while I know you guys a bit, maybe we can compare what we can provide to the community. You should know me, I am Dumar the Hound, blessed by Kveld with the power to heal and perform minor miracles. I am a decent combatant though people have told me my style is somewhat passive. If needed, I can provide most basic clerical magic after a quarter hour break of communing with my god. I can stitch you back together but don't get dumb ideas and injure yourself. Also by the divine grace of Him, I can stave off fatigue and even most of the damage done by cold temperatures but again, we should not count on magical aid all the time.

The short hound stands up, flexing his tired bones and cracking his shoulder blades. All this sitting is boring me. If this is the last time for us to relax for a while, we should enjoy the night. He winks at his favorite maid while smiles and waves back. You can what you can only assume is Dumar's tail wagging under his cloak.

Lokio
2019-08-02, 12:33 PM
So it was that they were all in agreement, going the same direction. That was good. Kaza was getting deep into his gold, earning from song and story, which wasn't exactly much of a living. Contributing to the cart and a few extra days of rations would be all he had.

"All right, excellent," Kaza said, lightly clapping his hands together with a smile at the cart accord and the fact that they had a donkey to do the pulling. His hand found his tankard, drawing it to parched lips which drained it. "The Hound has a point. I don't think I've given you all much information about what to expect from me. I'm a war-singer. Quick on my feet and with a polearm. I can sing you a song of conflict, driving you forward and making you ever the more mighty and hardy. I've a talent for illusion and sending one to the sandman at inopportune moments as well, tactical pieces that help tell a story... but I've never been upset about having them in the day to day, too. Ever seen a croc try to get out of an illusory cage? It's really something."

His eyes began to rove; plainly, the Red had seen someone or something that he liked. They'd get moving forward in the morning, but now was the time to enjoy themselves.

Shall we all finish our posts and move on? Kaza can contribute 2gp to the cart... sadly, not much, but it's what I've got. Gotta buy two more days of rations as well.

Spore
2019-08-02, 01:59 PM
You sing? the Hound says, his brow furrowing. You think a wardrummer is necessary with a group this small?

Dumar pauses then continues with a more optimistic tone. You seem like you would not know where your next meal comes from so consider it an investment in this town that I provide the cart. You pull it, and if we loose it, you're gonna repay the temple for it.

I am pretty set as well. Gonna pay for the cart in turn for this small plot hook.

DrK
2019-08-02, 05:38 PM
Gorum

The big man shrugs as the others describe their skills. He grins, flexing an arm. "You will have heard of Gorum yes?

I am a guide, I survive in the blight, hunt and kill and return with trophies."

He rolls 5 thick gold crowns onto the table. "A wheel for the cart to carry our treasure eh?" Before he nods to Kaza the Red and waves across two of the harlots that frequented the tavern. "Here ladies, drink with us, my new friend will sing."... it's obvious to all Gorum's intention.

5 gp to the cart
1 gp to the harlot

Gorum is ready to hit the road

ylvathrall
2019-08-02, 11:04 PM
The women, and men, and less easily identifiable entities, in the bar are quick to engage with the group between Kaza's music and Gorum's gold. A pleasant time is had by all involved, and in the morning, after making their farewells and acquiring a cart, the party is on the road, moving into the Deadlands together for the first time.

DrK
2019-08-02, 11:50 PM
Gorum

An axe clasped in his hand Gorum strides along beside the wagon, ragged leather armour and a cluster of javelins completing his rough and ready collection. As the border with the Deadlands approaches he pauses, looking over his shoulder at the others. "Be wary across the border. Water will poison, plants will eat you and all animals are predators." He follows it up with a grin, "Its party time..." With a deep breath he heads across the border and begins to pace a little more cautiously, his previous boisterous cheer replaced with a wary caution.

When walking he'l look for tracks of anything dangerous [roll0] survival and be generally alert - perception [roll1]

Lokio
2019-08-03, 12:31 AM
After making a couple of quick purchases on the way - a couple of extra waterskins and two more days of rations to ensure he had appropriate provisions - the Red Skald found his way out of the city, hitting the road with his newfound team. Sure, they were a bit of a motley crew, five unproven faces and a donkey with a cart, but for some reason, he was feeling pretty good about things as they hit the road. Watchful and thoughtful, the Suli considered the bits and pieces of information he'd picked up over time, both about the area ahead and the likely sorts of adversaries they might meet on the road.

Maybe he'd think of a way of overcoming or avoiding them entirely to allow them to make extra good time?

Bardic Knowledge:
[roll0] knowledge geography
[roll1] knowledge nature

Spore
2019-08-03, 05:28 AM
Well, you guys sure are glad we can create our own water then. the cleric adds drily while filling his own cup with a small prayer.

PersonMan
2019-08-03, 11:01 AM
"Quite," Seryn says with a nod, taking a conservative sip of one of her own canteens. Magical replenishment of supplies or no, she'd rather be too slow to indulge than be without if they were later separated. She casts her own gaze about, keeping her shield ready, Arven resting on her shoulder and held in one hand.

It's level 1, so this may still do something! Perception: [roll0]

Lokio
2019-08-06, 03:02 PM
(Hey guys, still here?)

ylvathrall
2019-08-07, 03:41 PM
Six hours walk into the Deadlands, Gorum and Kaza alike hear a rustling noise under the tundra. Then they see three heads poke out from under the snow. They look vaguely like lions, but they have no fur, only slick, hairless blue skin. Their manes are made of dozens of writhing tentacles. As they surge out from under the snow, they show two more long tentacles rather than normal tails. They let out a hiss as they prepare to charge.

These are akatas. They are alien creatures, aberrations, believed to hail from another world or from the void of space. They are immune to cold and poison and highly resistant to heat, and they do not breathe. However, salt burns them like acid. They form cocoons which are marvelously durable and immune to heat as well as cold, which they hibernate in until prey approaches. They prey on any source of meat they can catch, and reproduce by inserting their larvae into corpses, which the larvae then reanimate and live in until they mature. Though dangerous and predatory, they are not particularly intelligent and do not pose a serious threat to experienced warriors unless they have the advantage of numbers or surprise.

All right, let's get this show on the road! Surprise round. Initiative is to Gorum and Kaza (the others failed the Perception check, so they don't get to act). Then it will be the akatas, then the PCs, then akatas, et cetera. Map is up here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DOell7r-WalExwttOB3xj20L7ekNjfRBKHANw8SASno/edit?usp=sharing), it's pretty janky but it will work for now.

Lokio
2019-08-07, 06:45 PM
Noticing the incoming threat, Kaza calls out, "Akatas! Mind the teeth!" and begins to sing a basso song-chant that slowly rises in intensity. Magic washes out over the group, inspiring anger at the attackers...

Standard Action: activate Raging Song: Inspired Rage. The buff works as follows:

Inspired Rage (Su) At 1st level, affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. At 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter, the song’s bonuses on Will saves increase by 1; the penalty to AC doesn’t change. At 8th and 16th levels, the song’s bonuses to Strength and Constitution increase by 2. (Unlike the barbarian’s rage ability, those affected are not fatigued after the song ends.) If an ally has her own rage class ability (such as barbarian’s rage, bloodrager’s bloodrage, or skald’s inspired rage), she may use the Strength, Constitution, and Will saving throw bonuses, as well as AC penalties, based on her own ability and level instead of those from the skald (still suffering no fatigue afterward). However, inspired rage does not allow the ally to activate abilities dependent on other rage class abilities, such as rage powers, blood casting, or bloodrager bloodlines; the ally must activate her own rage class ability in order to use these features.

DrK
2019-08-07, 11:46 PM
Gorum

Gorum freezes as as he spies the weird skinless blue lion things. A low growl bursts out from his own throat as they challenge him before he lanuches himself forward on long legs, his tail thrashing angrily as he runs towards the one directly ahead. "This one is mine!"" he roars to the others as he runs, the great axe held high before swinging down

Standard: Partial charge 40ft to AC13, attack (Power attack) AD13
-- to hit [roll0] damage [roll1]

Gorum Black (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1955984)
M CN Tiefling (Pit born) Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager), Level 1, Init 2, HP 14/14, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
Claws +5 / +5 (1d4+4, x2)
Great Axe +5 (1d12+6, x3)
Javelin (x5) +3 (1d6+5, x2)
Studded Leather Armour (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None

ylvathrall
2019-08-10, 10:05 AM
Gorum charges one of the akatas, and cleaves his axe so deep into its spine that its body falls to the ground almost in two pieces. The others, though, let out a strange hissing sound and charge in, teeth first, one leaping at Seryn and the other at Jeanne.

Two charge attacks.
Attack on Seryn: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack on Jeanne: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Spore
2019-08-10, 11:33 AM
Be struck by Kveld's Axe! The dog-headed cleric jumps forward, but different than his reckless friend, he starts with his shield up, ready to defend, and looks for an opening in the creature's defense. Dumar moves along the akata's northern flank to provoke an attack. Get some distance, and try to miss me, Jeanne.

move through threatened squares to R17 to allow Jeanne to retreat.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Current AC: 18 (-1 from Raging Song); touch 9, flatfooted 18
CMD: 12
Current saves: Fort - +6 - Ref - +0 - Will - +7

Lokio
2019-08-10, 12:05 PM
Tossing this up as I am going to be busy over the weekend and don't want to slow people down... it can be handled at the bottom of the PC roster this round.

Gorum had done his brutal work, leaving an Akata devastated. Dumar had gone one way to support Jeanne, the teamwork a fine example. Seryn remained, a wall of shield and steel that the lightly armored Skald could fight around -- so fight he did, his bardiche snapping up as he shifted around his ally like a pikeman fighting from behind a shield wall to strike at the Akata to their north.

The upbeat, guttural battle-chant stopped as swiftly as it had come, but it would linger in the blood and heart long enough to do what needed to be done here, merged with the sounds of conflict and war.

Raging Song discontinued, but Community Minded trait ensures that the positive benefits will last for two more rounds.

Five foot step to S13. Polearm strike at the R11 Akata.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] for damage

DoctorFaust
2019-08-10, 04:48 PM
Jeanne slinks back from the Akata even as Dumar leaps forwards to attack them, narrowly avoiding the creature's gnashing teeth. "I'll try!" she yells as she puts arrow to bowstring. Taking only a moment's pause to aim down the arrow shaft, sh lets fly at the Akata that had been trying to attack her.

5-foot step to T14, move action to active Bullseye Shot, standard action attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrK
2019-08-10, 04:52 PM
Gorum

As the blood sprays and axe is pulled free Gorum raises his arm in triumph before he hears the song of KAza the Red and lets the fury of the skald's song take over! He whirls around and sees another of the weird dog like beasts attacking the young woman Seryn. "AHHHH!" He roars, legs leaping over the broken ground as he races back to strike the one by Seryn.

Free: Embrace the Rage song :smallsmile: (+2 hit/dam, +2 Temp HPs, -2 AC)
Charge: to S11 with a power attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

M CN Tiefling (Pit born) Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager), Level 1, Init 2, HP 14/14, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
Condition None

PersonMan
2019-08-11, 05:03 AM
Seryn falls back from the creature that's attacked her, letting her shield keep it at bay before bringing Arven to bear against it.

Stepping to T12, then attacking the Akata at R11. If that ends up being invalid, go to S13 and attack the Akata at R15.

Using Power Attack and Shield Brace.

A: [roll0]
D: [roll1]

ylvathrall
2019-08-11, 10:36 AM
A flurry of blows fall, battering the two akatas down. Finally, Seryn crushes the last one's spine, and the tundra is silent again. Crows circle overhead, waiting for the feast. They know it won't be long before they get to feed.

The crows always know.

After another four hours, it's nearly sunset, though the sky is the same blank grey as always in here. Then you see the ruin: a half-exposed dome, just where the merchant said it would be. The top of the dome and the top of two towers poke up out of the snow, but the rest of the building or buildings remains buried. There is no apparent entrance.

There's a spot on the dome that looks like it was damaged. A bit of brute force might break through completely.

I'm skipping over some time for speed. Feel free to have a reaction in the aftermath of the fight.

Spore
2019-08-11, 12:24 PM
After combat:
No one is hurt? No one got bitten? Great work then. Dumar looks at his axe and is a bit frustrated. Well then, I assume I have plenty of time to bloody this piece of craftsmanship. he finishes.

At the ruins:
The hound barely recognizes the dome as a building and not a very round hill. As the archon investigates further, his foot steps on some part that creaks or clunks in a way that sounds damaged. Guys over here, could you help me with that?

DrK
2019-08-11, 03:27 PM
Gorum

THe massive brute looks around at the dead strange rubbery dog things. "Not too bad, we are lucky it was a small pack." He bends down, and tears out a tooth from the biggest one as a trophy and a drops the bloodied fang into his pouch. "Ware out eh, there may be bigger things drawn close by the dead bodies." He bends down, giving the axe a clean on the shrubbery before trudging back along towards the ruins.

--

As they approach the ruins he pauses, and starts to walk a little bit closer, pausing now and then to stare at the dome, eyes narrowed as he scans the ground for any prints or marks and the dome lest anything scuttle out of it. As Dumar shouts out for help Gorum lumbers across to help, pausing by the cracked part of the dome and peers down into the space below. "Looks welcoming" he grunts to the dog headed cleric. "Aye, sure" he nods and bends down, putting the axe down and trying to push open the crevice further.

Survival for tracks [roll0]
Perception for anything dangerous [roll1]
Strength check [roll2]

Condition None

ylvathrall
2019-08-11, 03:48 PM
Gorum strains at first, but after a bit of work, the dome starts to give. Another hard shove, and the weakened section cracks, then shatters, falling in. Gorum nearly tumbles in after it, off balance as he is, but manages to pull back from the edge and look down. What's revealed is a completely unlit room, which appears to take up the entirety of the dome - it's circular, about eighty feet across, and the floor is some thirty feet down. Multiple doors lead off it, all below the surface of the tundra outside.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-11, 11:21 PM
Jeanne takes a moment to try to recover her arrow from the corpse of the Akata she shot and then follows after the rest of the group.

When they arrive at the dome, she whistles her donkey forward and pulls a length of rope from the wagon. "Anyone care to go first?" she asks, proffering out the rope.

Lokio
2019-08-12, 12:32 AM
Holding up a hand, Kaza muttered, "One moment. Gotta check something," and struck a torch, holding it out and down to peer down into the dark section. He wasn't able to see in the dark completely, but he was pretty decent at low light conditions. They'd made a bunch of noise already breaking the glass, which would alert creatures within...

...with a low chant and the formation of an image in his mind, he cast down the sounds of several sets of feet - akin to their feet - moving down below in the area to see if anything moved or reacted in the darkness below.

Ghost Sounds cast, making the sounds of phantom human feet moving down in the hole to see if anything is baited into movement or revealing itself...

[roll0] PERCEPTION

Spore
2019-08-12, 02:55 AM
Gorum goes first if there's trouble afoot, then Jeanne to scout, I can go third to prevent you from bleeding out from activating any traps or agitated inhabitants gutting you.

PersonMan
2019-08-12, 04:44 AM
After the fight, Seryn cleans Arven before falling in with the others.

"If there is room, Arven and I can cover both from the flank," Seryn comments, tapping the polearm as she names it, though her attention stays on the chamber below, waiting for any response to the footsteps.

ylvathrall
2019-08-12, 04:42 PM
Nothing moves in response to the sound. It seems as though this room, at least, is abandoned.

Lokio
2019-08-12, 07:16 PM
Listening carefully for scuttling, screaming or other sounds of incoming horrors in the depths below and hearing nothing, the smiling Skald gave a nod at the silence. "All clear, at least in here," he said, putting away his bardiche and getting ready for the climb down. He'd let the others go first in the suggested order.

When it was his turn, Kaza slowly and carefully scuttled on down the offered rope...

Taking ten on climb, if that's okay, for 11 to slowly proceed down the rope.

DrK
2019-08-13, 12:35 AM
Gorum

The big guide looks at the dog headed cleric before shrugging and nodding. With rope in place he slides down the rope and lands lightly on the floor.

Puling the axe out he looks around, his vision penetrating the darkness. "Seems safe enough aye" he shouts up looking about

Take 10 on climb
Perception [roll0] (w/ dark vision)

Gorum Black
Condition None

Spore
2019-08-13, 05:22 AM
Dumar follows, slowly descending. At times like these, he cursed at his armor choice. He could not grab the rope as close in fear of cutting with with his armor's breastplate's edges. His boots were to heavy to offer any decent grip. So he basically had to hold his entire weight in front of his body. Dumar quickly climbs back out. Wait a minute, I gotta get rid of this armor first. It's terribly impractical for climbing. Someone's gotta help me. Underneath his armor, Dumar really only wears a pair of leather pants and his fur coat, plus his actual fur. As a divine being, it seems the cold isn't bothering him as much. He affixes the armor to his backpack and climbs down. With his legs now able to help climbing and the weight of his whole being a lot closer to the rope, the descend works better.

I ain't doing this without taking 20 here. I can either take the cleric's feather fall aka jumping down and healing or you can lower me down. Otherwise I'll take 5 ft. (quarter movement) * 20 (take 20) * 6 (for the distance of 30 ft.) leading to 12 minutes of toilsome descend.

It's actually quicker if I doff the armor, climb down taking 10 and don it with your help. This takes about three minutes with your help, and 5 minutes without.

Taking 10 for -3 due to encumbrance.

PersonMan
2019-08-14, 01:39 PM
Seryn steps over to help Dumar with a slight smile. "Armor can be quite constraining," she agrees.

I just realized it isn't mentioned if the rope is knotted or near enough to a wall to brace on - if the answer to either is yes, Seryn will just go down taking 10, otherwise she'll also take off her armor, then put it back on down below - presumably she and Dumar would just help one another in turn.

Spore
2019-08-14, 10:16 PM
Dumar wags with his tail, but not without avoiding eye contact. Sure, let's get this over with. He is pretty meticulous in making sure the armor is a proper fit. After all, it is entirely his job to keep these adventurers together as long as possible. Plus he really takes his time not inappropriately touching the warrior. The cleric himself prefers a rather snug fit, readjusting the armor to be a bit closer.

Then Dumar take out a blanket and mumbles something in an ancient language long forgotten. His shield begins to glow. Some of you cannot see in the dark, I'm afraid. I will use this and cover it as necessary.

using continual flame SLA on shield's holy symbol.

ylvathrall
2019-08-21, 03:09 AM
Down in the dome, there are eight entrances that open off the main hall. Five of them can immediately be discarded now that you're down there - all blocked by collapses within fifteen feet. It would be an enormous undertaking to clear them out with nothing more than muscle and determination. Of the others, one is a closed, locked door, quite heavy, made of wood banded with iron which has stood up surprisingly well to the test of time. One goes a short distance and then forks, one branch going to the right and then ending at a collapse, while the other goes straight and ends at another door. This one isn't locked.

The final opening off the dome, however, is perhaps the most interesting: a short, claustrophobically-tight hallway that leads to a spiral stair down. The stair goes down at least another thirty feet.

Lokio
2019-08-21, 01:18 PM
Settling himself into their brief investigation, Kaza the Red contemplated the ruins and their best bet going forward. The claustrophobic hallway down certainly would lead them deeper, but it made sense to him to do this one step at a time.

Hiking a thumb toward the heavy iron-banded door, the skald suggested, "Shall we clear this place level by level?"

After all, it wouldn't do to leave anything nasty -- or valuable -- behind them.

Spore
2019-08-21, 10:08 PM
Agreed. From what we know this building could lead deep down into the earth and we just want to salvage what we can from here. Dumar adds. Besides, we are only four, so even if we found the royal vault of some dwarven king, we could not open it. I suggest that I lead. I can deflect an incoming attack as I am well protected, I have our light source, and my senses are probably good enough to tell a trap apart from other stuff.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-22, 10:54 AM
"I can watch the back," Jeanne says. "My eyes can see in darkness, so nothing should be able to sneak up on us. At least too easily."

She eyes the heavy door and asks, "Can any of you pick locks?"

DrK
2019-08-22, 04:31 PM
Gorum

THe tielfing grins as the dog headed cleric strips, climbs down and re-armours. "Are you done cleric?" then glances around at the options. At the suggestion from the red skald he nods. "Aye, better to make sure there is nothing on this level to chase us down a hole." Peering down the stairs he looks back at the others. "If I were a treasure I would be downstairs eh?". He holds his axe carefully and looks about waiting for any dangers.

As Dumar suggests leading the way he nods, "If you wish, Dumar. Lead on."

Gorum Black
Condition None

PersonMan
2019-08-22, 05:28 PM
Seryn nods at the plan. "Agreed," she says. "I can stand wherever I am needed - Arven's arm is long," she comments, tapping the end of the polearm against the ground.

ylvathrall
2019-08-23, 02:37 AM
After a bit of time working the locked door over with a first a hammer to knock the bands loose and then an axe to chop through the wood, Gorum kicks the ravaged door open. What it reveals seems...lackluster. There's a plain stone table or altar, marked with a spiral design. There's a bookshelf, though all that remains of the books is some time-eaten leather covers - the pages are long gone. There are a couple of faded tapestries on the walls, with holes in them. There's a small chest on the shelf, the size of a jewelry box, but it's already open and empty.

There is no sign of anything alive inside, nor indeed any sign that something has been in here since this land became the Deadlands.

You can roll Knowledge (history) to identify the tapestries.

Lokio
2019-08-23, 12:32 PM
Into the dusty, dank room Kaza peered, using Dumar's glowing shield as a light. The tapestries drew his eye, and into his memories he went to remember what these were about...

[roll0] know history

Spore
2019-08-23, 02:47 PM
Am not good with that old stuff. But I know some monster hide themselves. Dumar says as he axes the chest.

ylvathrall
2019-08-23, 03:00 PM
The empty chest splinters under the axe. Nothing happens.

Lokio
2019-08-23, 03:07 PM
Kaza murmured, "A battle. It's tough to tell which one, especially with the damage, but perhaps we should lug those back with us. With restoration and some Mending, we might find a buyer for whom these really mean something?"

He grinned at Gorum wordlessly as the barbarian smashed the chest.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-23, 05:19 PM
"Someone want to help me move the table?" Jeanne asks, walking over to it. Once she gets there, she gives it a cursory glance for any sort of hidden door or latch before trying to move the stone table.

ylvathrall
2019-08-23, 09:52 PM
The table proves to be extremely heavy - even with help, it's all Jeanne can do to heave it up and aside. There doesn't appear to be anything underneath, though - just stone floor.

DrK
2019-08-23, 11:11 PM
Gorum

The barbarian looks about and then nods. "Aye Kaza, good thinking." He offers to help carry the tapestries back to the main hall and the dangling rope.
"we can muster the stuff here." Looking about he looks at the other option on this level, the short forked Galway and the unlocked door. He approaches it cautiously axe in hand.

Spore
2019-08-24, 02:34 AM
All praise the heroes that brought back old carpet from the ruins. Dumar mocks the group. I get that the stuffy old wizards probably kill for info like that, but we are only taking that if we find nothing of more value, right?

PersonMan
2019-08-24, 02:51 AM
"We have a cart," Seryn says with a shrug. "If it fits, no reason to leave it to rot in the dark." She joins the others bringing the tapestries to the main room, setting it down with care before backing up Gorum as he heads for the splitting hall.

Lokio
2019-08-25, 07:55 PM
"My friend, if we are so fortunate as to be able to overfill our carts and packs, then yes, we can leave the tapestries behind. May we be that blessed, hmm?" Kaza flashes Dumar a smile before following Gorum and Seryn with his polearm in hand to offer cover from the second rank if need be.

Spore
2019-08-26, 02:56 AM
Don't underestimate this place in its riches and dangers. I think there is enough stuff to claim as long as we can survive.

ylvathrall
2019-08-27, 04:14 PM
Behind the unlocked door is what looks like a solar of some kind. There's a large skylight, which is now buried under the tundra. A handful of chairs survive, though most of the furniture has rotted away. There's a small chest in the corner, and the floor is a mosaic featuring sea creatures of various kinds. It would be quite valuable to a collector if you could somehow get it out intact.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-28, 06:17 PM
Jeanne walks over and tries to open the chest in the corner.

ylvathrall
2019-08-28, 06:27 PM
The chest opens easily, revealing some ancient clothing that is in about the same condition as the tapestries. There's a little bit of jewelry mixed in with it, nothing too valuable.

DrK
2019-08-29, 12:54 AM
Gorum

The brute looks angry as the chest is also shown to contain nothing of real value. "Well, at least there is no beast of the blight up here. Shall we head down to see if we can find something of real value?"

He heads to the stairs peering into the dark vision, his strange sight allowing him to piece the darkness

Spore
2019-08-29, 05:16 AM
Yeah, thank Kveld we did not have to fight an epic beast in a battle fit for the legends... Dumar says in a disappointed voice. He rubs the base of his axe that only just tasted wood.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-29, 11:22 AM
Jeanne takes the jewellery and dumps it into her belt pouch before leaving the chest. "It's also a little disappointing that there's nothing of note yet to salvage," she says with a sigh. "But I guess we have only checked two rooms. Let's go down."

Lokio
2019-08-29, 12:35 PM
Kaza frowned, glancing down at the floor and contemplating the feats of engineering it would take to get the floor out intact a moment. It simply wasn't going to happen with the tools they had here.

Oh, well. That was life. There were still floors to go.

He stacked up at Gorum's back and got set to follow him with polearm in hand, listening for any signs of trouble.

[roll0]

ylvathrall
2019-08-29, 12:56 PM
At the bottom of the stairs is another small hallway, cramped to the point that the party has to walk in single file and the taller members have to hunch over slightly to avoid hitting their heads on the ceiling. A servant's hallway, perhaps, from when this building was in use.

There are no doors, nor anything odd...at first. But after continuing down the hall for twenty feet or so, the group starts to hear...crying? It sounds like a child sobbing in pain and fear, coming from further down the hall. The direction is hard to place exactly, though - maybe it's coming from behind? Or from the other side of one of the walls? Or from inside their own heads?

Spore
2019-08-29, 02:21 PM
Be careful. No child would survive here if it were not as dangerous as these ruins. Keep your guard up.

DoctorFaust
2019-08-30, 08:24 AM
Jeanne draws and nocks an arrow as the group walks down the narrow corridor. "Well, at least it's not just me hallucinating."

PersonMan
2019-08-30, 11:50 AM
Seryn nods slightly, continuing down the hall with silent eagerness to leave the cramped space for something with enough room for her to stand up properly, and not worry about Arven striking the walls.

Lokio
2019-08-30, 12:43 PM
Kaza contemplates it - what might this be? No child could truly be alive here. A specter of some sort? A mimic? All the options are horrifying, especially to face in these cramped quarters. With a small frown of concern, he advances...

...but he doesn't have a clue.

[roll0] bardic knowledge

DrK
2019-08-31, 02:50 PM
Gorum

The barbarian looks about. "I do not trust a cry down here. Trickery or undeath, both need the axe. " He nods to the others and gestures to follow him as he plunges deeper into the narrow tunnel.

Perception [roll0](w/ dark vision)

Gorum Black
Condition None

ylvathrall
2019-09-01, 03:34 PM
The group advances down the hallway, their only company that incessant sobbing. It gets harder to place and harder to ignore the further they walk - it never seems to get quieter or louder, or really to do anything at all except continue. Eventually, however, they reach a branch of the hallway. To the left, there's a collapsed passage. Ahead, the cramped hall continues. To the right, the corridor opens up, and there's significantly more room to maneuver, a larger hallway.

There's something standing in the collapsed hall to the left, hiding behind a fallen rock at the near edge of the collapse. It looks vaguely like a malnourished child, emaciated, sobbing uncontrollably. Its tears sizzle and smoke as they hit the stone. Its stick-thin arms end in vicious claws and its teeth, displayed in a manic grin, are long and needle-sharp.

It's a lacridaemon, a daemon born from the souls of those who die of neglect and exposure. Like all daemons it is immune to acid. The sound of its crying is disorienting, making it hard to remember the path one takes. It is resistant to spells and possesses minor magic of its own. Its tears and its bite are both quite toxic.

Spore
2019-09-01, 09:56 PM
I'm getting a proper headache. Could the souls of the dead stop whining about their fate for once, ey? Dumar grumbles.

DoctorFaust
2019-09-02, 08:44 AM
"I wish I had thought to bring a candle," Jeanne sighs. "We could at least stuff up our ears with the wax then. Let's go down the bigger corridor so there's more room to walk."

Spore
2019-09-02, 09:16 AM
Nah, I need to hear myself when praying for Kveld's aid. Could call him a selfish **** on accident otherwise. The dog smiles a sheepish grin.

Lokio
2019-09-02, 07:09 PM
The Red scanned around, but seeing nothing, he continued to advance in the middle of the group. "Disconcerting," he murmured, wringing his hands around the staff of his polearm. The larger way was easier to move in, and so he followed, prepared to face any dangers.

ylvathrall
2019-09-04, 02:54 AM
As the group advances to the right, something leaps out of the collapsed hall now behind them, where it was hiding behind a fallen rock at the near edge of the collapse. It looks vaguely like a malnourished child, emaciated, sobbing uncontrollably. Its tears sizzle and smoke as they hit the stone. Its stick-thin arms end in vicious claws and its teeth, displayed in a manic grin, are long and needle-sharp.

It goes without saying that those teeth are what it leads with as it jumps at Kaza.

It's a lacridaemon, a daemon born from the souls of those who die of neglect and exposure. Like all daemons it is immune to acid. The sound of its crying is disorienting, making it hard to remember the path one takes. It is resistant to spells and possesses minor magic of its own. Its tears and its bite are both quite toxic.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] acid damage.

PersonMan
2019-09-04, 06:14 AM
Seryn takes a step back as the creature appears from the darkness; the teeth and claws cut through any confusion or hesitation, so that when its attack is done, Arven is already at the ready.

Step if it's necessary, then use Power Attack and attack with Arven the bardiche.

DrK
2019-09-04, 02:29 PM
Gorum

Gorum looks about, heavy brow furrowed at the weird and unusual creature. As the other one leaps out at Kava he spins, axe in hand and jumps to the attack, axe spinning in a massive overhand blow

Move to attack
Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

Gorum Black
Condition None

Lokio
2019-09-04, 02:47 PM
A cry of alarm as claws rake and acid boils. How had it gotten to him through everyone else? That none of them had seen it was a testiment to how dangerous the monster was. There was no time to think, only to react, even as poison sought to do its worst. An adjustment to surround the critter and bring his polearm to bear to end the threat.

[roll0] Fortitude Save
[roll1] Attack (take two off if flanking is impossible)
[roll2] Damage

Spore
2019-09-04, 10:18 PM
Dumar growled at the entity. Instinctually, he HATED that creature. He knew that he should probably pity it but his animal brain was too confused to form a coherent sentence. He approached with his shield raised, and looked for a vantage point to attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DoctorFaust
2019-09-05, 01:18 PM
Jeanne takes a moment to aim carefully down the shaft of her arrow, and then lets it fly at the monster that just jumped Kaza.

Move action to active Bullseye Shot. Standard to attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

-4 to the attack if it is into melee like I assume it probably is.

ylvathrall
2019-09-05, 02:56 PM
Dumar lands a solid blow on the emaciated creature, chopping into its shoulder. It glides aside from the rest, slipping between blows with a hair's breadth of distance between itself and the weapons as it steps in towards Seryn, claws and teeth at the ready, sobbing tears that burn the floor.

Five foot step towards Seryn, full attack, bite at Seryn and one claw each at Dumar and Kaza. Sorry for the lack of a map, things have been stressful and while the worst stressor is past as of three hours ago or so, I'm still a bit out of it.

Bite: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] acid.
On hit, Seryn has to make a DC 14 Fortitude save or be staggered for 1 round and take 1 Wisdom damage. This is a poison effect.

Claw at Dumar: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5] acid.

Claw at Kaza: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8] acid.

Lokio
2019-09-05, 07:07 PM
Per the DM, Kaza is at reach range and cannot be struck by the claw at him.

His polearm keeping him far from the enemy, he wound himself around behind Gorum and Seryn, letting their weaving weapons keep the creature at bay. If it wished to come for him, it would have all manner of challenges ahead of it.

Wounded, but not out, the Suli started to sing in an upbeat tempo the kind of song that would drive away a dark creature such as this:

Gods be with us, our faith is strong
The dawn will break, it won't be long --

Kaza is ten feet from the creature, out of AOO range, so he uses his Move Action to move around behind Gorum and Seryn so that if it wants to move after him, it'll be struck by multiple AOOs. Standard action: Raging Song activated.

Spore
2019-09-05, 11:02 PM
I am sorry, child. You need to be put down. Dumar says while blocking the melee attack easily. He aims for the head, to reduce the amount of pain.

[roll0]
[roll1]

PersonMan
2019-09-06, 05:09 AM
Seryn moves back, then thrusts Arven at the creature again.

Just 5' step and attack, assuming it's possible. Using Power Attack.

DrK
2019-09-07, 04:35 PM
Gorum

The barbarian grunts in annoyance as his blow goes wide striking sparks on the wall as steel meets rock. Grunting he looks at the beleaguered beast before he starts to feel his blood pulsing and heart racing as the music from Kaza behind reaches his ears. He lets himself go, falling into a rage as he lets the music take over and starts to swing in massive chops at the creature, almost heedless of the fellows by his side with the long polearms swinging over his head.

Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

Gorum Black
M CN Tiefling (Pit born) Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager), Level 1, Init 2, HP 14+2 /14 +2, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 17, AC -2 from Raging song
Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
Condition RAGING SONG! +2 hit/dam, +2 will, -2 AC, +2 Temp HPs

ylvathrall
2019-09-07, 05:42 PM
The daemon continues to dodge around, but now it's surrounded, and that's not a good place to be. Strike after strike hits it, until finally Gorum cleaves its head from its body. Both fall to the floor, the head rolling a short distance away as the body twitches a few times before going still.

Spore
2019-09-08, 10:53 AM
That was ... disconcerting. Dumar kneels down to close the eyes of the fallen daemon. May you rest and be united with your family, small one. After having a short vigil for the small creature, he takes a small stone, casts Light on it and puts it in the child's hand. May Kveld guide you the way.

After that, Dumar searches the body for any sign of what the creature was in its lifetime. If there is any sign of a family lost that needs to be informed of the deceased.

And also loots, obviously!

Lokio
2019-09-09, 01:04 AM
Kaza's blood flowed through the gashes in his armor, and he looked a little stunned, the song coming to an abrupt end as the monster fell before the adventuring party's massed efforts. The feeling of righteous fury held on for a few seconds after it concluded, lingering in the air and in their hearts before fading.

"Well done. Anyone else hurt? Are you all okay?"

Spore
2019-09-09, 02:10 AM
I'm so sorry, brother. I did not notice your wound. Dumar puts away his axe and helps support Kaza. Hold still.

Dumar incants a small healing spell. His paw starts to glow in a bright blue light. Kaza can feel the young Aasimar shaking. He might pretend to be unphased and strong but he cares about all of you.

I would like a bit of time to meditate. the cleric adds after he has finished.

[roll0]
Turning Divine Favor into Cure Light Wounds.
I would like 15 minutes of prayer to preparing another Divine Favor in my free slot.

PersonMan
2019-09-09, 06:31 AM
Seryn steps to the side, giving the corpse room and keeping her eyes out while Dumar gives it its last rites, not expecting any further surprises just yet, but seizing upon it as something a step up from simply standing idly by. When he mentions meditation, she merely nods.

ylvathrall
2019-09-10, 01:50 PM
Dumar finds nothing on the body except for a locket, silver with emeralds set into it, containing a picture of a child. The child looks nothing like the daemon, not even being the same size or shape. It has an engraving in Common that reads simply "Beloved."

Sentimental value aside the locket is probably worth a fair sum.

Lokio
2019-09-10, 02:31 PM
Gritting his teeth against the pain, Kaza felt a wash of relief as Dumar's trembling hand pressed against him, knitting the acid burns and puncture wounds. There was still a little bit left, a little reminder of his tactical error, but a twinge here and there was a good reminder of the importance of staying mobile. He took the time Dumar was spending in meditation to rest, leaning against the wall and keeping watch.

When Dumar was done, the Skald signaled that they ought to move on.

[roll0] Perception to keep watch

Good to go!

DrK
2019-09-10, 02:45 PM
Gorum

Gorum catches his breath and uses his shirt to wipe the ichor off the blade of the axe. "A strange creature. Do you fare well Skald?" he asks Kava, "I like the music. It calls to me in battle." Glancing around he points down the corridor, "Shall we keep exploring these depths, where there are demons there must be strange treasure. The beasts here mean no looters!" Looking about he grins at the others and points forward with the axe head.

DoctorFaust
2019-09-10, 03:07 PM
Jeanne spends the time Dumar is meditating searching the surrounding area for anything of interest, but when Gorum suggests moving on quickly rejoins the group.

ylvathrall
2019-09-14, 01:06 AM
The group moves on down the larger hallway, finding it in much better repair than the levels above. Proceeding forward, they find three ornately decorated rooms, with enough semiprecious stones to make a decent haul once they're pried loose from their settings. Then comes another stair down, which opens into a short hall. On the left, the door opens to reveal a room with rows of stalls, each with a dog skeleton lying in it, along with a set of chests. On the right, ther'es another door which opens into what looks like a large bathing chamber. Ahead is a larger closed door.

Spore
2019-09-14, 03:44 AM
Dumar can't help but become a bit silly. A dog kennel and an area to wash? Is this a bathhouse for dogs? he wonders. Easily sidetracked he opens the door to the bathing area with a slightly wagging tail.

Lokio
2019-09-16, 01:18 AM
"I'm okay," Kaza replied brightly, a little forced -- plainly, there was still some minor injury, but nothing too significant. The compliment to the music was met with a chuckle. "There is plenty where that came from, my friend. The songs of war are meant to stir and thunder against the darkness." It was a feeling every Suli could identify with, burning against the dark with the fires of the djinn.

Following the group's progression down the hallway and noting how it was far nicer than above, Kaza noted the rooms, noted their haul. They'd make money in due course, but they needed to do a little work that would require them to be sure they were safe to do. The stair down leading into the hallway left him with a frown as he considered the skeletons, the chests...

...but Dumar had the lead. Into the bathhouse!

PersonMan
2019-09-16, 03:49 AM
Seryn raises an eyebrow at the skeletons, her gaze lingering on them a moment before she follows the others, Arven ready in case any more residents of the ruin appear.

DrK
2019-09-17, 12:31 AM
Gorum

Gorum looked about, happy to see nicer surrounds. His eyes glitter in the lamp light "This is more like it. A cart of all this will help ensure nights of women and wine."

Seeing the skeletons he approaches the nearest one, axe in hand and prods it.

ylvathrall
2019-09-17, 12:39 AM
The bathing rooms are empty of anything save cracked plumbing, more mosaic tiling, and long-empty pools. Things seem quite intact here, like looters never made it this far into the structure.

When Gorum pokes the dog skeleton, nothing happens. The bones don't move.

The bones don't move, but there's something...off about them. Why are all the skeletons in this chamber still arrayed in the same order, the same position, as living dogs sleeping in their kennels....?

Spore
2019-09-17, 08:06 AM
Women? Wine? Oh, our goals differ. But only in the number of females I'd like to win over. Dumar adds. But all in due time, we need to smite down monstrosities here first. If children crying burning tears are the beginning, I dare not think about what lies in store for us still.

Lokio
2019-09-17, 01:30 PM
Kaza considered the skeletal dogs from behind the more war-like members of the party, frowning as he adjusted his equipment to wield his morningstar and shield as he sought to make himself harder to kill. The daemon really had hurt him, and he had been fortunate that Dumar had been there to set it right.

"Hmm..." he murmured as he contemplated the possibilities here.

[roll0] knowledge religion

Spore
2019-09-17, 03:57 PM
You're not going careful now, aren't you? Dumar nags. By Kveld, your wounds shall be mended then.

The dogheaded divine being touches his chest as it starts to glow in a warm yellow light.

Channel Positive Energy to heal living: [roll0]

Lokio
2019-09-23, 12:57 AM
Kaza suddenly had a look of concern cross his usually carefree face.

"Those are controlled skeletons which can be raised."

He frowned.

"We should deal with them now, in a way we can control, rather than end up with them on our rear."

DrK
2019-09-24, 04:17 PM
Gorum

The barbarian hefts the axe, "When you say deal with them you want that we shatter them then?" He grins at the thought of such wanton and unrestrained destruction. "I like the thought of smashing things!" WIth an axe in hand he is ready to oblige.

Spore
2019-09-25, 01:31 AM
We can test if these creatures need to be laid to their final rest. If you allow. Dumar tells them to wait in the bathing area so they create a bottleneck so they are not surrounded by a pack of skeleton dogs.

Kveld, put your divine hand upon these good boys and girls, for they only did what they did in life, defend their families. A cleansing blue light emits from Dumar's silver holy symbol, enveloping the skeletons.

Channel to harm undead: [roll0] DC 11 Will to half

ylvathrall
2019-09-29, 03:27 PM
The seven skeletons rise as one and move in on Dumar as a single unit, eyes now burning with an eerie crimson light.

They rolled terribly on initiative so you are up.

Spore
2019-09-29, 09:53 PM
STAY DOWN! Dumar commands the creatures.

[roll0] Channel vs. undead

PersonMan
2019-09-30, 01:07 PM
Seryn frowns as the skeletons rise, shifting to bring Arven to bear on the one closest to their apparent target, Dumar.

First - I was going to apologize for not being available for a while, but it seems like I haven't held things up, so I lucked out there!

Second: Swinging at a skeleton.

Lokio
2019-09-30, 01:41 PM
Kaza blinked, and murmured in sage language as he formed his hands into a little box --

-- and images of cages sprung up around the dogs, little cages with bars just wide enough to allow weapons to go through to strike at the beasts, but narrow enough to contain them within.

Kaza casts Silent Image and forms a row of five-by-five cages, positioning them such that Dumar is not trapped in one but that all the dogs are. DC is 14 Will to disbelieve.

DrK
2019-10-02, 04:06 PM
Gorum

The barbarian laughs as Kaza summons the cages, "Well played Kaza to capture them." He then steps up and chops down hard between the bars of the cage.

Move to nearest cage
Power Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

Gorum Black
M CN Tiefling (Pit born) Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager), Level 1, Init 2, HP 14 /14, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 17,
Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1

ylvathrall
2019-10-03, 01:49 PM
Seryn and Gorum strike down two of the skeletons. The others pace and snarl silently inside the cage, not seeming to recognize it as an illusion.

Spore
2019-10-05, 07:31 AM
Seeing only moving bones and no meat to cleave with his axe, Dumar bites down on a "caged" skeleton and tries to rip out a bone from it, hoping to disrupt the vile magic binding the creature's to this realm.

Bite Attack: [roll0]
[roll1]

Lokio
2019-10-08, 01:40 AM
The Red continued to hold his spell...

OOC: Please feel free to assume Kaza continues to concentrate on his spell until the conflict is over unless it is broken.

ylvathrall
2019-10-08, 12:20 PM
With the skeletons "caged" it's an easy matter to finish battering them down, and they do not rise again. The room now appears unguarded.

DrK
2019-10-12, 10:21 AM
Gorum

THe barbarian looks about in clear disappointment. "I had expected more. This is a strange place we have found." He begins to rifle around in the room to see what things of value can be found. "In such a structure there must be things of value that we can find."

Spore
2019-10-12, 10:52 PM
You expected more? Dumar asked him in a disgruntled manner? I expended much of the grace Dumar provided to me to put these evil spirits to rest, and you expect MORE?

Only the fact that the lack of trust punching the large human would cause prevented Dumar from seriously injuring his charge.

ylvathrall
2019-10-12, 11:45 PM
In the room, Gorum finds that all but one chest contains nothing but rotted leather hunting harnesses and collars for hounds. However, the final, locked chest, once broken open, contains a pair of immaculate collars, smooth black leather with steel studs, and garnets decorating the buckles. They both look perfectly intact, unused, even, like they were never damaged at all.

Lokio
2019-10-13, 05:40 PM
"We're only part way in, Gorum, and I think we're doing okay," Kaza said pleasantly, glancing over at the annoyed cleric. Now wasn't the time for an argument. "Guys, let's stay on target. If there's an issue, we can sort it out in town, no?"

Spore
2019-10-13, 09:23 PM
Dumar checks the collars of existing magic, resisting the temptation to put one on. Stay strong, they're probably cursed...

ylvathrall
2019-10-13, 10:12 PM
The collars both gleam with magic, the same spell on each - it appears to be enchantment, or possibly transmutation, and fairly weak. Beyond that, it's hard to say what it might do.

I rolled his spellcraft for the sake of speed, and he failed.

Spore
2019-10-13, 10:41 PM
Dumar puts one of the collars on. That weak magic cannot hurt my convictions! Dumar barks out.

ylvathrall
2019-10-18, 11:06 AM
Dumar feels a strange...suggestibility as he puts the collar on. He feels more agreeable, more inclined to agree with people, friendlier. He also feels like he shouldn't take the collar off.

Spore
2019-10-18, 02:16 PM
I like it. Dumar smiles a dumb grin. Now my friends, will you follow me deeper down? We might be able to push a little farther before I have to pray to Dumar for more of his grace.

Lokio
2019-10-18, 09:25 PM
Nodding, Kaza advanced, following the stronger folks who led the way!