PDA

View Full Version : Everything You Need to Know About Dungeons and Dragons’ (5th Edition) New Campaign ‘B

hboyce1
2019-07-31, 05:44 PM
The brilliant minds over at Wizards of the Coast are at it again. This time around, the company is preparing to release a new campaign for the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons.

As partial promotional support for the upcoming game Baldur’s Gate 3, the new campaign will be focused around the video game series’ universe. That being said, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus is shaping up to be a seriously compelling D&D tale.

Check it out here: https://www.gametruth.com/guides/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dungeons-and-dragons-5th-edition-new-campaign-baldurs-gate-descent-into-avernus/

Arkhios
2019-07-31, 09:58 PM
Because someone is going to say it eventually...

Yay. Yet another campaign in Forgotten Realms, for Forgotten Realms :smallannoyed:

firelistener
2019-07-31, 10:17 PM
From the article:

This new adventure will serve as a prequel to the upcoming video game Baldur’s Gate 3, though the campaign is designed for Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition.
I'm wondering if the video game will feature 5e mechanics based on this. I really liked the older games, but they were a mess of sort-of-but-not-really AD&D.
I saw the trailer for the new video game, and it looked like mind flayers, but Descent into Avernus seems like it will be focused on the war between devils and demons. I'm interested to see how they'll connect.

Also...

The book introduces the infernal war machines to fifth edition D&D—battle-ready vehicles, which you can customize as you blast off into the Blood War.
This sounds really cool.

Bubzors
2019-08-01, 09:02 PM
Honestly I'm pumped for the new adventure and the video game. Larian studios makes great games, and I feel itll be close to heart to what an actual tabletop d&d experience is.

Already is Divinity Original Sin 2 there was an option to basically play entire campaigns on the game platform. Not exactly D20 system, but a good enough video game replication that I loved it.

Also this quote alone from WoTC gets me pumped for the next adventure module:

"The book introduces the infernal war machines to fifth edition D&D—battle-ready vehicles, which you can customize as you blast off into the Blood War."

Let's go mad max d&d!!

Kane0
2019-08-01, 09:05 PM
I’m cautiously optimistic.