PDA

View Full Version : Index [3.5] Full BAB, 6+ Skill Points

Thurbane
2019-07-31, 07:18 PM
So...I may have posted this once before, but anyway.

I'm looking for a list of base classes and PrCs that are full BAB (natively full BAB, not Divine Power etc.), and have 6 or more skill points/level.

AFAIK, the list is very short: Ranger, Fochlucan Lyrist, Dragon RHD, Outsider RHD...

Is there any more out there? I don't care how obscure the source is, so long as it's not 3rd party, or PF.

Cheers - T

Ranger (PHB)

Bloodhound (Comp Adv)
Crimson Scourge (CS)
Dawn Caller (RoS)
Deep Warder (RoS)
Dragon Ascendant (Dracon)
Dread Commando (HoB)
Dread Pirate (Comp Adv)
Duraaj'ash (Dragonmarked)
Eldeen Ranger (ECS)
Forest Reeve (Comp Champ)
Fochlucan Lyrist (Comp Adv)
Luiren Marchwarden (Shining South)
Night's Watch Ranger (Dragon 307, p84)
Noble Adventurer (Dragon 307, p51)
Paragnostic Initiate (Comp Champ)
Prestige Ranger (UA (Variant Rule))
Royal Scout (Dragon 307, p53)
Scorpion Wraith (Secrets of Xen'drik)
Shadow Hunter (Dragonmarked)
Shadowsmith (ToM)
Stalker of Kharash (BoED)
Totemic Demonslayer (Dragon 354, p64)
Vadalis Beastkeeper (Dragonmarked)
Whisperknife (RotW)

Dragon RHD (MM)
Outsider RHD (MM)

Half-Celestial (MM) (LA +4)
Half-Dragon (MM) (LA +3)
Half-Farspawn (LoM) (LA +4)
Half-Fey (FF) (LA +2)
Half-Fiend (MM) (LA +4)
Unholy Scion (HoH) (LA +5)

heavyfuel
2019-07-31, 07:49 PM
I think that, as far as base classes go, you found them all. A few PrCs that you missed

Bloodhound (Comp Adv)
Crimson Scourge (CS)
Dawn Caller (RoS)
Deep Warder (RoS)
Dragon Ascendant (Dracon)
Dread Commando (HoB)
Dread Pirate (Comp Adv)
Duraaj'ash (Dragonmarked)
Eldeen Ranger (ECS)
Forest Reeve (Comp Champ)
Luiren Marchwarden (Shining South)
Paragnostic Initiate (Comp Champ)
Prestige Ranger (UA (Variant Rule))
Scorpion Wraith (Secrets of Xen'drik)
Shadow Hunter (Dragonmarked)
Shadowsmith (ToM)
Stalker of Kharash (BoED)
Vadalis Beastkeeper (Dragonmarked)
Whisperknife (RotW)

I might have missed some

Thurbane
2019-07-31, 07:58 PM
That's a great list, thank you! I'll add them to the OP in a bit.

pabelfly
2019-07-31, 09:40 PM
Warblade and Swashbuckling have 4 + INT skill points but both benefit from investment into the Intelligence stat

heavyfuel
2019-07-31, 09:55 PM
That's a great list, thank you! I'll add them to the OP in a bit.

No worries :smallsmile:

Also, I don't know if you consider it 3rd party or not, but I just remembered Dragonlance Legend of the Twins has the Mariner base class.

TotallyNotEvil
2019-07-31, 11:09 PM
Ranger makes for a surprisingly good side on a gestalt, eh?

Thurbane
2019-08-01, 04:58 PM
If anyone knows any from Dragon or Dungeon, feel free to mention them. :smallsmile:

Also, are there any (many) templates that change skill points? I believe Half-Fiend/Half-Celestial do (for RHD). They come with hefty LA though, which kind of makes having full BAB a bit redundant...

Ramza00
2019-08-01, 05:28 PM
Ranger makes for a surprisingly good side on a gestalt, eh?

Not really, it is a very easy side of a gestalt but if you open to the various 3.5 books just going Cleric or Cloistered Cleric is better.

Ranger gives the following.
Full BAB (which is of questionable value)
Good Fort
Good Reflex
6+ Skill Points
3 Bonus Feats in the first 6 levels that are Offensive, plus lots of minor feats and abilities like Hide in Plain Sight, Evasion, Endurance, Track.
A weak animal companion
Weak Spellcasting.

-----

If your goal is to go defensive benefits and skillpoints (so ignoring full bab and weak offensive minor boosts) than cleric or cloistered cleric does it much better.

Tyche Touch 2nd Level 24 hours +4 to +1 sacred boost to saves.
Conviction 1st level 10 mins / level +2 to +5 moral boost to saves. Mass Conviction as a Cleric 3rd for the party.
Greater Resistance Cleric 4 24 hours +3 resistance bonus to saves. Superior Resistance at Cleric 6 +6 resistance bonus to saves.
Benediction 2nd level 10 min / level +2 luck bonus to saves but also reroll a single attack roll, saving throw, skill check, or ability check and discharge the spell in the process. (This means you can use it for rolling for initiative.)

Greater Magic Weapon 4th 1 hour per level and then cast it on a defending staff or a defending spiked gauntlet for +1 to +5 more to AC.
Greater Magic Weapon 4th 1 hour per level and then cast it on a Spellstrike other side of staff or the 2nd spiked gauntlet. +1 to +5 bonus to saves on spells and spell like abilities.
Magic Vestment +1 to +5 to AC on Armor
Magic Vestment +1 to +5 to AC on Shield

So on and so on. All the spells I mentioned have 10 min per level, 1 hour per level, or 24 hours spell duration. Aka these spells will not take away from your actions in combat and many of these buffs can help your allies and not just yourself.

Plus all the other buffs in the cleric stable (I focused on defensive buffs), and you still get good fort and good will (better saves than good reflex), and plus 2 domains and turning, and if you go cloistered cleric you are back up to 6 + skills per level.

------

Yes there are advantages to a Ranger gestalt side but the amount of advantages are not as big as you will think and the downsides compared to other choices are always there.

Yes going cleric will require more preparatory book keeping (where you prepare your buff self vs non buff self and keep them on cards.) But honestly that is not much work.

heavyfuel
2019-08-01, 06:04 PM
If anyone knows any from Dragon or Dungeon, feel free to mention them. :smallsmile:

... Mystic Ranger? Does that count? I'm gonna say it counts

Maat Mons
2019-08-01, 07:42 PM
Night's Watch Ranger (Dragon 307, p84)
Noble Adventurer (Dragon 307, p51)
Royal Scout (Dragon 307, p53)

heavyfuel
2019-08-01, 08:09 PM
Totemic Demonslayer (Dragon #354)