PDA

View Full Version : Noctaft University Weirdness [IC]

JNAProductions
2019-07-31, 10:13 PM
Hello? she said with a wave, her accent not too thick, but completely unplacable. Is this Noctaft University? she asked.

Make a good first impression!

You'll get VP depending on your score, as an unopposed roll.

1 or lower................1 VP
2-4.........................2 VP
5-7.........................3 VP
8+..........................5 VP

For this roll, you get to choose between any of the abilities.

Allure d6
Conflict d4
Luck d5
Skill d7

Note that I run HSHC slightly differently. In addition to using Difficulty Classes, I also modify die size based on what you're attempting. In this case, you can see Conflict is the least likely to impress, getting a d4, while Skill is most likely, getting a d7 (thank god for forum rollers).

Link to OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?594235-Noctaft-University-Weirdness-OOC&p=24064073#post24064073)

Syless
2019-08-03, 04:54 PM
Lulu pulls herself off the ground, pulling a rose from who-knows-where as she does. She dusts off her strangely elaborate outfit with her free hand before smiling. "You're in the right place, and I must say, that's quite impressive..." She offers the mysterious girl the rose. "May I have the honor of showing you around?"

Allure, using Temptation- [roll0]

JNAProductions
2019-08-03, 05:32 PM
When you declare your roll, simply state your total bonus, how you achieved that number, and anything else related to the roll. DO NOT ROLL YOURSELF. That's the GM's job!

As such, I am ignoring your roll-keep it there so the forum doesn't yell at us, but just add in your bonus.

Oh, that's pretty! she says, taking the rose. She seems quite intrigued by the finer details at the peak of the flower.

Lentrax
2019-08-04, 12:53 PM
Caitlin had done some work over the summer.

As the lead singer and rhythm guitar for her group, The Nine Lives, Caitlin had secured her band a gig at a local bar. The pay won’t be much, but since no one in the group can (legally) drink, the manager can’t charge them for their drinks. Probably.

But as it is, they won’t get paid unless they can fill the place up. And so, Caitlin, in one of her stage costumes, a stylized schoolgirl uniform, is passing out flyers and posting them on every surface she can.

And then, she appeared. Caitlin felt something pull her to this newcomer. A promise of something more than just a headpat and a good time.

Caitlin steps up to the new girl. Yeah. This is Noctaft. New around here? You should come to my show this weekend. She holds a copy of the flyer out to the new girl.

Oh! I’m Caitlin, by the way. Lead singer for the Nine Lives.

Strong Allure, Kira Kira, Star Quality. +5 total.

JNAProductions
2019-08-04, 07:02 PM
What kind of show is it? she asks, taking the flyer and studying it.

Lentrax
2019-08-04, 07:48 PM
Rock. Took my inspiration for our music from GirlDeMo.

JNAProductions
2019-08-04, 07:58 PM
Oh, like a geology exhibition? she says, sounding more excited.

Lentrax
2019-08-04, 08:34 PM
Nyow? Geology? No. Rock music. You know, guitars, drums, being loud?

JNAProductions
2019-08-04, 08:52 PM
She shakes her head. I don't think I've heard of a guitar. Drums are... When you drum on something? Right?

Illven
2019-08-04, 10:05 PM
That's when Rosemary, nose in her phone literally blomps onto the new girl.

The new girl can feel something quite large in the chest region as Rosemary walks into her.

Oh I'm sorry, I was a tad distracted.... My apologies, I'm Rosemary. The demoness replies.

Allure, Temptation. +2 total

JNAProductions
2019-08-04, 10:06 PM
Hello, Rosemary. I'm... Um... Scribe. It's nice to meet you, she says.

Lentrax
2019-08-05, 12:18 AM
She shakes her head. I don't think I've heard of a guitar. Drums are... When you drum on something? Right?

Caitlin’s head tilts slightly in puzzlement. Her tail begins swishing slowly back and forth as her puzzlement increases.

You... don’t know what a guitar is? Her tail raises up back to its usual place behind her as she reaches into her purse, dropping the flyers inside as she grabs her phone.

Tapping the screen a few times, she holds it up so that the girl can look at the video playing.

Here. I have Ari record our performances so we can study them.

On the screen the band starts playing. See the thing I’m holding, mrr? With the strings? That’s a guitar.

JNAProductions
2019-08-05, 10:32 AM
Scribe looks at the phone, and slowly nods. Okay. So it's a noisemaker? Is it louder than that, in real life? I'm not used to loud noises...

Lentrax
2019-08-05, 02:35 PM
Cait shrugs. It can be. But it can be quieter as well. And it isn’t a noisemaker. It is a musical instrument.

Syless
2019-08-06, 02:50 PM
Lulu bitterly side-eyes the musician who has stepped in. "Excuse me, I believe I was here first? If she's new, she needs to learn her way around, not be bored by a fame-hungry canary."

JNAProductions
2019-08-06, 02:57 PM
Oh! I know that one! Scribe says when Lulu mentions a canary. It's a kind of bird native to coal mines, right?

Syless
2019-08-06, 05:53 PM
Lulu stifles a giggle. "Indeed. They're prone to dying. No sense in getting attached to one, hm?"

JNAProductions
2019-08-06, 07:11 PM
Well, Scribe says, it's really nice to meet you all. Caitlin, I'd love to see your... Um... Concert, did you say? With the rocks and the birds? But for now, I guess I should probably find my dorm. Do you know where New Hall is?

What a coincidence! You guys are rooming in New Hall too! (Despite the name, New Hall was made 14 years ago. It's not even the newest dorm. Nice, though.)

Since this is your first time here, it'll take some doing to get there without issue. You're right on the front of campus, and Noctaft is a BIG place. Guide her well.

Skill d6 or Luck d5, opposed. Show you're the one to get her where she needs to go! DC is 5 to get her there without trouble, awarding 2 VP. If the highest total is less than 5, no VP awarded.

Lentrax
2019-08-07, 10:32 AM
Mrr, I am not a canary. Do you see wings?

Then scribe mentioned being in New Hall. That’s where I’m supposed to be rooming as well. I don’t know where it is though, but maybe we can find it together?

Striaght luck, no bonuses.

JNAProductions
2019-08-07, 10:36 AM
Oh, that's good to hear. I'm glad I was able to meet such nice people so soon! Scribe replies, smiling. Her eyes flash a little as she talks, looking like shooting stars going across the starfield.

Illven
2019-08-07, 10:51 PM
Hey Erik, remember when I fixed your computer, I'm calling in that favor, what's the quickest way to new campus. Rosemary replied, not yet mentioning what he did with the computer.

Strong skill, School queen. +3 total

JNAProductions
2019-08-07, 10:57 PM
Erik, one of Rosemary's high school friends who managed to get to Noctaft too, blushes brightly when she calls over. "Oh, um, er... Yeah, I think it's, um, this way," he says, heading over.

"Can you not, you know... Tell anyone how I got those viruses? Just... Let me get a fresh start, okay?"

Syless
2019-08-08, 04:29 PM
Lulu thought ahead and got a map... except it's so poorly printed that she can't make heads or tails of it. She shoves it off to the other girl- another demoness, hunting her quarry. "Here, you take this. A gift."

Straight luck as well, using Faustian Pact on Rosemary to give her a +2 and what is undoubtedly the win, just for the bonuses next time.

JNAProductions
2019-08-08, 06:13 PM
Rosemary: Minimum of 6
Lulu and Cait: Max of 5.
Rosemary wins!

Erik starts guiding Rosemary, who takes Scribe with her. Thank you, Erik-and you too, Rosemary! It's weird seeing all these landmarks. Usually I don't have this much to work with.

Illven
2019-08-10, 01:21 AM
Hmmm? What do you mean? Rosemary asks.

JNAProductions
2019-08-10, 10:11 AM
It's all so different... she replies. The buildings, the... trees, I think those are? The streets, everything! It's really wonderful to be experiencing this! she says as you guys begin walking behind Erik.

Illven
2019-08-11, 10:13 PM
I.... suppose I usually just take it for granted. Rosemary pipes up.

JNAProductions
2019-08-12, 10:00 AM
I suppose...

Erik leads you all to the New Hall dormitories, where he says "I'm on floor five. You guys know which floor you're on?" Checking your information, it would appear you're on floor twelve, the highest one. "Okay," Erik replies when you let him know. "Nice seeing you again, Rosemary. And nice to meet you other guys. See you around, I guess?"

You head up the stairs (the elevator is out of commission for the moment), with Scribe making the twelve flights without any difficulty. Eventually, you arrive at floor twelve, and find your suite. You follow the instructions on how to get into from your sheets, and go in.

Inside, you see three people-someone who looks like the RA, and two others. The RA is wearing a nametag labeled "RA", and is a tall, somewhat willowy young lady. The other two are short men, one slightly chubby, the other pretty thing, with very similar faces-twins, perhaps? They all look over when you guys enter.

The RA says "Hello!" in a weary voice. "I'm Rebecca-I'll be your RA. You guys are supposed to be here, right?"

When you nod or otherwise confirm, she sighs. "We've got a bit of a pickle right now. We got a last-minute student who ended up in here, so someone's going to have to share a room directly. I mean, the pods are two-people anyway, but you each get your own bedroom... Or it was supposed to happen that way. Which one of you is... Erm... Scribe?"

That's me, Scribe replies.

"Yeah. We're gonna have to figure out who gets you in their room-hope you guys don't mind," the RA replies. "I'll head to my office and grab some paperwork-make yourselves at home."

The two guys say "Later!" as she goes, and turn to you four. "I'm David," the chubby one says.

"Ryan," the other says. "Nice to meet you guys."

Allure or Conflict, opposed. Get Rebecca to sort you with Scribe!

1 VP for this.

Syless
2019-08-12, 04:40 PM
Lulu bows respectfully in front of Rebecca. "I would be happy to help Scribe settle into the school alongside us all. She's more than welcome in my room... though I'm sure whoever you room her with, Rebecca, you'll be making the right decision." She smiles- just short of a smirk. She points a finger at the girl still holding her map, and it starts to burn.

Using Allure, using my Faustian Pact to give Rosemary a -2 and myself a +1, for a total of +2 Allure. Regretting I didn't deliberately botch the last skill roll to get an extra +2.