PDA

View Full Version : Demogorgon as a final boss?

The Robot Goat
2019-08-01, 07:29 PM
Hey! I'm running a campaign right now that involves the Cult of the Demogorgon. It was actually inspired by a post on these forums, and involves an especially intelligent Barlgura militarizing the ape population of a jungle. Anyway, I've started to put together a loose meta-plot, and it's occurred to me that the party may want to fight Demogorgon, or at least one of his avatars. With that in mind, does anyone have any experience running Demogorgon as a villain, or has anybody used the Demogorgon statblock from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes? I don't really expect them to reach epic level, but I could use that monster as inspiration for a weaker creature. The most recent boss fight was an ettin with some spellcasting that I had refluffed into a giant two-headed baboon.

Thanks!

If anyone is curious, the party consists of a Lore Bard, Beastmaster Ranger (with some buffs), Protection(?) Paladin, and Arcane Archer Fighter. I don't go super hard in combat, but I'd like the fights to at least be dangerous enough to be interesting.

Misterwhisper
2019-08-01, 07:33 PM
Hey! I'm running a campaign right now that involves the Cult of the Demogorgon. It was actually inspired by a post on these forums, and involves an especially intelligent Barlgura militarizing the ape population of a jungle. Anyway, I've started to put together a loose meta-plot, and it's occurred to me that the party may want to fight Demogorgon, or at least one of his avatars. With that in mind, does anyone have any experience running Demogorgon as a villain, or has anybody used the Demogorgon statblock from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes? I don't really expect them to reach epic level, but I could use that monster as inspiration for a weaker creature. The most recent boss fight was an ettin with some spellcasting that I had refluffed into a giant two-headed baboon.

Thanks!

If anyone is curious, the party consists of a Lore Bard, Beastmaster Ranger (with some buffs), Protection(?) Paladin, and Arcane Archer Fighter. I don't go super hard in combat, but I'd like the fights to at least be dangerous enough to be interesting.

Check out the Out of the Abyss module.

It has a ton of stuff you would want in it.