PDA

View Full Version : Domain Druid

Astolfi
2019-08-02, 05:12 AM
I stumbled upon this variant. What do you think about it to make it balanced? I thought about changing fortitude saves from good to low for taking this variant.
HOUSE RULE: DRUID DOMAINS
With this option, each druid may choose a single domain from the following list: Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, Sun, and Water. The druid gains a bonus spell of each spell level, which may be used only to prepare a domain spell of that level (or of a lower level, if affected by a metamagic feat). The druid also gains the domain's granted power, except as noted below.
Druids who select the Animal domain or the Plant domain gain Skill Focus (Knowledge [nature]), since Knowledge (nature) is already a class skill for druids.

A druid who chooses the Sun domain gains the ability to turn undead 1/day as a cleric of her level, and cannot perform a greater turning.

Palanan
2019-08-02, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Astolfi
I stumbled upon this variant.

Where did you find this? Is this from Unearthed Arcana, Dragon magazine, somewhere else?

Also worth noting that Pathfinder gives druids the option to take a domain instead of an animal companion, which seems like a bit of a step down.

Astolfi
2019-08-02, 07:39 AM
https://molivero.com/dndtools/USRD/srd/classes/baseCore/druid.html#domain-druid[/url]
These site. It is possible that it's some homebrew but even though i want to make it balanced.

Palanan
2019-08-02, 09:08 AM
Okay, I think that's the version from Unearthed Arcana.

I wouldn't dock the Fort saves for a domain, but I'll leave it to the more experienced tinkerers to suggest other alterations, if needed.

Biggus
2019-08-02, 09:11 AM
<snip>
These site. It is possible that it's some homebrew but even though i want to make it balanced.

I don't think you're allowed to link to that website here.

The variant is from Unearthed Arcana, p.68. It doesn't seem to be included in the SRD though.