PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dvati's Chakras

SangoProduction
2019-08-02, 05:15 PM
OK. It's been literal years since I made a specifically Dvati thread, so bare with me. I'm a little excited.

Magic of Incarnum offers a new "casting" which involves binding chakras and using spell like abilities. This involves "binding" the abilities to item slots.

Now, obviously, Dvati have 2 sets of item slots. Or at the very least can't share weapons very easily. After all, they are one character. If you give one a Belt of Giant's Strength, can your character be stronger than your character? It's actually not made abundantly clear.
I mean, you can have one that's been petrified, and one that's not. That's clear with...anyway! Not the point!

Let's assume Dvati have 2 completely separate, non-interacting sets of item slots which don't neccesarily share the items' benefits.

...Well great, now a character needs to buy 2 characters worth of gear on 1 character's worth of gold. Thanks.
OK. The effects of items are shared. But you also don't have 2 different sets of item slots then. Which means when you "bind" one character's chakra, it's bound for both of them. And they both get the same ability, right?

You can't bind one twin's chakra and still wear items on the other, right?

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-08-02, 05:30 PM
I would say that since Incarnum is a manifestation of soul, and Dvati explicitly share one soul, they would shape soulmelds as one character, and each twin would manifest all the shaped soulmelds. A little strong? Maybe, but no more so than spending a feat on Share Soulmeld. This makes it so your meldshaping is more powerful, but you can't have magic items that a normal meldshaper would be restricted from using.

Alternatively, let Dvati share soulmelds as described above only after taking the Share Soulmeld feat. This lets you choose between more powerful meldshaping and the tactical advantage of splitting your soulmelds carefully so each twin can wear some items.

SangoProduction
2019-08-02, 08:54 PM
I would say that since Incarnum is a manifestation of soul, and Dvati explicitly share one soul, they would shape soulmelds as one character, and each twin would manifest all the shaped soulmelds. A little strong? Maybe, but no more so than spending a feat on Share Soulmeld. This makes it so your meldshaping is more powerful, but you can't have magic items that a normal meldshaper would be restricted from using.

Alternatively, let Dvati share soulmelds as described above only after taking the Share Soulmeld feat. This lets you choose between more powerful meldshaping and the tactical advantage of splitting your soulmelds carefully so each twin can wear some items.

Hmm. Interesting. Interesting.

daremetoidareyo
2019-08-02, 09:57 PM
Share soulmelds text

You can share a soulmeld with an ally with which you have a special bond.
Prerequisite: Ability to shape soulmelds and a familiar, animal companion, or mount with whom you can share spells.

Looks like you're gonna have to be able to ride on your twin as a mount, at least once. Perform (acrobat) maybe?

Venger
2019-08-08, 09:45 PM
dvati share all class abilities. soulmelds are class abilities. what you shape and bind on one body is shaped and bound on the other. if you wanted, you could have an item on thing 1 (and enjoy its benefit instead of the bind) and have thing 2 use the bound effect.