Does Wish count? 45, damage to attacker/temp HP? I think so

NNescio
2019-08-03, 12:52 AM
We got a few ways of getting this spell:
Warlock levels(multiclass iffy)
Bard Secrets (kind of a waste)
Magic initiate (cant upcast)

Anything I missed?

Ring of Spell Storing or Spell Gem (with a party member who can already cast Agathys)?

I suppose yes, but then you're competing with other Wish options like free(-ish) Simulacrums.

TyGuy
2019-08-03, 12:53 AM
Select subclasses

LudicSavant
2019-08-03, 12:58 AM
We got a few ways of getting this spell:
Warlock levels(multiclass iffy)
Bard Secrets (kind of a waste)
Magic initiate (cant upcast)

Anything I missed?

Conquest Paladin levels.
Levistus Tiefling race.

MrStabby
2019-08-03, 11:23 AM
Actually I think now you can cast if upcast from magic initiate in the latest errata. If I remember correctly, you know the spell and you can cast it from the level 1 slot the feat gives you but I think the bit about not casting it any other way has been removed.

Teaguethebean
2019-08-03, 12:39 PM
Actually I think now you can cast if upcast from magic initiate in the latest errata. If I remember correctly, you know the spell and you can cast it from the level 1 slot the feat gives you but I think the bit about not casting it any other way has been removed.

Yes but you can only cast it if you are the class you chose for magic initiate making it kinda redundant when you already have to be a warlock.

RSP
2019-08-03, 05:17 PM

I think Wish duplicates 8th level spells and lower, so it could duplicate a AoA casting at 8th level, but not at 9th, so 40 THP/damage.

Nagog
2019-08-03, 06:10 PM
{Scrub the post, scrub the quote}.

We know what they meant, chill dude.

As far as I'm aware, all the ways are listed on this thread now.

Chronos
2019-08-03, 07:13 PM
Quoth Teaguethebean:

Yes but you can only cast it if you are the class you chose for magic initiate making it kinda redundant when you already have to be a warlock.
Or if you're multiclassed between any two spellcasting classes (not necessarily including warlock), because multiclassed casters can use their slots to cast any spell they know.

Sage Tellah
2019-08-05, 08:31 AM
If you're willing to dive into Unearthed Arcana, a Frost Giant Soul Sorcerer gets Armor of Agathys from its Mark of the Ordning, and gets a few extra temp HP equal to their con mod.