PDA

View Full Version : sword and magic

de-trick
2007-10-10, 09:54 PM
i know theres a couple classes and PrC's that use sword and spell, what is the best caster able to cast different spells not just evocation or damage spells, and best melee guy

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-10, 09:56 PM
Probably any 9-swords/warmage thing but since you want other schools too
*/shrug*
I really dont know

ilovefire
2007-10-10, 10:11 PM
Here's how you do it.

Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Spellsword 1/Elritch Knight 9/Abjurant Champion 5.

This gives you 18 BAB, spellcasting as a level 18 wizard, 2 fighter bonus feats, ignore 10% ASF from armor, and some very nice special abilityes from Abjurant Champion.

Abjurant Champion is from Complete Mage, Spellsword from Complete Warrior. everything else is SRD,

de-trick
2007-10-10, 10:31 PM
i was also talking about the duskblade, and battle sorcerer, the bladedancers and what have you, what is better in a power way

leperkhaun
2007-10-11, 12:28 AM
hmmm.

Wizard 6/swiftblade 9/AC 5 is pretty nice.

Swiftblade is a pretty nice PrC. A couple of the buids feature +16/17 BAB and 9th level spells.

Link to CO boards Swiftblade Handbook.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=859073

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-11, 01:26 AM
The Duskblade's weakness is their poor spell selection. They barely get enough spells on their list that complement their actual class abilities, let alone useful utility and buff spells. This can be remedied in a few ways:

1) The Extra Spell feat. Obvious.
2) Arcane Disciple. Means you can't dump Wisdom, but take, say, Destruction or Death, off the top of my head, and you get some great touch spells added to your list.
3) Splash a level of a Prestige Class with good spells and its own useful abilities, like Assassin or Pious Templar. Actually, it's rather hard to qualify for either of those as a Duskblade, but you get the principle.
4) Recaster. Requires you to be a Changeling, but it grants you two extra spells from any list (hello, Polymorph) and an absolute crapload of Sudden Metamagic feats. Plus, you can fit two levels of Warshaper into a Duskblade 13/Recaster 5 build, for some ridiculously useful bonuses.
5) Chameleon. Arcane Focus will give you a lot more spell variety. Haven't actually plotted out a build using this.

Sorry for the Duskblade-wank, but I just built one, and I thought I'd share the results of my research.

Nebo_
2007-10-11, 02:40 AM
Here's how you do it.

Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Spellsword 1/Elritch Knight 9/Abjurant Champion 5.

This gives you 18 BAB, spellcasting as a level 18 wizard, 2 fighter bonus feats, ignore 10% ASF from armor, and some very nice special abilityes from Abjurant Champion.

Abjurant Champion is from Complete Mage, Spellsword from Complete Warrior. everything else is SRD,

That build is illegal. You don't have enough BAB to get into Spellsword without another full BAB class.

I like Sorcerer 4/Paladin 2/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight or Sacred Exorcist 7

Swooper
2007-10-11, 05:21 AM
Actually, there's no need to use Eldritch Knight if you can use Phantom Knight instead, it's from some Eberron book (Five Nations?) and is free on the wotc site. It's like Eldritch Knight, with class features. Not bad ones.