PDA

View Full Version : Max-Damage Melee

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-10, 10:05 PM
I've seen some very munchkinish ways of dealing huge amounts of melee damage scattered across these boards, but ive never seen them together. That is what im hoping to acomplish in this thread.

here are two of my own

A monk-swordsage who uses flurry of blows in conjunction with searing/inferno/etc. blades. And a scout/elocator (the scout must have the feat wild talent though) who takes 2 five-foot-steps and gets skirmish with a full attack (that with rapid shot is deadly).

Well those are my two silver peices, feel free to ost your own.

Jack Mann
2007-10-10, 10:13 PM
Basset's 1d2 crusader does an infinite amount of damage.

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-10, 10:17 PM
Ive seen that in the Wotc boards and i have to say that is one of the top on the list.

Also i forgot to post anything about the leap-attack cheese. (+30 damage at low levels)

leperkhaun
2007-10-11, 12:30 AM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=482636

check out the section under builds. I belive all of them are technically legal, though no sane DM would allow them.

Swooper
2007-10-11, 04:56 AM
I've seen a Warblade 14/Swordsage 5/Lion Totem Barbarian 1 build, based on Stormguard Warrior, that deals on avarage 2090 damage in a single round. It takes one round of doing no damage, though, to get nova thing going. I can post details if you like.

Dhavaer
2007-10-11, 06:14 AM
I've had good results with a Swordsage 20 using Raging Mongoose/Inferno Blade/Time Stands Still. Against things not immune/resistant to fire (there are more of them than you'd think) you're pretty much guaranteed an enormous amount of damage, usually enough to kill.

Warblade 20 using Pouncing Charge/Spirited Charge/Shock Trooper/Leading the Attack and two-handing a lance would do something like 180 damage per attack, before strength, weapon enhancements, or anything else, getting 4 attacks (5 with haste or speed weapon).

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-11, 06:41 AM
Since swordsage comes to the mix, the old 32 attacks build comes back. 6/7 swordsage, Thrall of Demogorgon 10, swordsage 4/3. Raging mongoose, Girallon windmill flesh rip, Time stands still, some belt that gave you a second full round action, a few other extar things I can't remember now, and watch the fireworks. Or, go REALLY cheesy, get wraithstrike, all the AB bonus you can get, and spam avalanche of blades. Scary.

Armads
2007-10-11, 07:51 AM
Since swordsage comes to the mix, the old 32 attacks build comes back. 6/7 swordsage, Thrall of Demogorgon 10, swordsage 4/3. Raging mongoose, Girallon windmill flesh rip, Time stands still, some belt that gave you a second full round action, a few other extar things I can't remember now, and watch the fireworks. Or, go REALLY cheesy, get wraithstrike, all the AB bonus you can get, and spam avalanche of blades. Scary.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work because you only get 1 swift action a round, so it's either Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip, or the Belt of Battle or the Raging Mongoose (unless you're an RKV).

If you have a cleric buddy and are a crusader 20, then staying in the immortal fortitude stance (or the aura of chaos if you feel evil), and smacking as hard as you can with a Greater Divine Surge, is another way to rack up sick damage, power attacking for 20 (since you get a +20 to hit anyway) and smiting. it'll be 46d8+1.5x strength mod + relevant enhancements + 60. Remember that if you're in the aura of chaos, you reroll max damage dice...

Another way to get high damage:
Ranger 1/Warblade 18/Lion Totem Barbarian 1
Take power attack, favored power attack, ride a horsey, get spirited charge, leap attack, shock trooper, buy the riding boots and wield a +5 collision hunting lance. Then stay in the leading the charge stance and charge, power attacking your BAB away against your favored enemy. If you can somehow dive attack, do so (ride a nightmare, jump off and dive down at an enemy and stab him?). More ridiculous multipliers can be added via battle jump.

That deals a least 4x(20 (leading the charge) + 80 (power attack multipliers) + 5 (+5 lance) +4 (hunting)) = at least 436 damage + 5d8+ random elemental enhancements