PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Amf & dmz

RNightstalker
2019-08-03, 09:54 PM
Let's say someone shoots an arrow at a target in an AMF or DMZ. Would any enhancements not be active as far as to hit/damage? I imagine whatever is used to assist in hitting or even a Splitting enchantment would still work if it goes off before entering the field, but what about damage bonuses? Obviously any arrow/bow enchantments wouldn't work in the field, but would a belt of strength that helped you shoot the bow still count? I could see it either way.

Maat Mons
2019-08-03, 10:07 PM
As far as an Antimagic Field goes, the FAQ says no weapon abilities would apply. For the Demilitarized Zone... I don't really see how it would interact with weapon abilities, but shooting into it is probably not a great idea anyway.

Biggus
2019-08-03, 10:26 PM
Let's say someone shoots an arrow at a target in an AMF or DMZ. Would any enhancements not be active as far as to hit/damage? I imagine whatever is used to assist in hitting or even a Splitting enchantment would still work if it goes off before entering the field, but what about damage bonuses? Obviously any arrow/bow enchantments wouldn't work in the field, but would a belt of strength that helped you shoot the bow still count? I could see it either way.

The Belt of Strength has already had the magical part of its effect outside the field. The arrow is now flying with greater force than it would have been if you hadn't had the belt, but the arrow itself doesn't become magical, so I don't see any reason why it would be affected by the field.

As for the Splitting enchantment, it's based on Arrowsplit, which is a Conjuration (Creation) spell with an instantaneous duration, so the effect is nonmagical once it's happened, so it also wouldn't be affected.

Clementx
2019-08-03, 10:41 PM
For the Demilitarized Zone... I don't really see how it would interact with weapon abilities, but shooting into it is probably not a great idea anyway.
Probably means dead magic zone.

Projectile bonuses to accuracy and +damage should work. Bonus effects on impact like flaming should be suppressed.