PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Dark sun.. Reincarnate and athaisan human..

animewatcha
2019-08-04, 12:05 AM
How does Dark sun campaign setting handle reincarnate? My only experience with dark sun is the dragon magazine articles with like Mul race, Athasian Human race, etc. Could athasian human be used as a legal candidate for a reincarnate in that setting?

Vrock Bait
2019-08-04, 01:10 AM
From D20SRD:

With this spell, you bring back a dead creature in another body, provided that its death occurred no more than one week before the casting of the spell and the subject’s soul is free and willing to return.
There’s nothing interfering with the reincarnate in Dark Sun. Most of the first party information about Dark Sun comes from Dragon 319 or 315, so I checked those too places. Dragon 319’s races section states nothing about this specific spell not working, and 315 is kind of useless. I don’t see why you would want to play an athasian human though, but it’s your choice.

Elkad
2019-08-04, 01:25 AM
From D20SRD:

There’s nothing interfering with the reincarnate in Dark Sun. Most of the first party information about Dark Sun comes from Dragon 319 or 315, so I checked those too places. Dragon 319’s races section states nothing about this specific spell not working, and 315 is kind of useless. I don’t see why you would want to play an athasian human though, but it’s your choice.

+2 to two different stats (your choice), Wild Talent, more powers known every few levels, and the regular human stuff (bonus feat, bonus skillpoint/level).
That's an excellent +1, and you can still get into bars.