PDA

View Full Version : TV Swamp Thing

random11
2019-08-04, 09:17 AM
Show recently ended, and I liked it.

Decent effects, good horror/mystery, good story and aside from some rushed moments here and there (like with Blue Devil) I had no real issues with the plot or pacing.

A rare gem.
Pity it never stood a chance since the show was decided on only one season before the first episode even aired, so every episode I had to remind myself not to get to excited since it will soon end.

I'm slightly annoyed by shows that finish with a cliffhanger despite knowing there won't be a next season, but at least the plot of the season that WAS aired was closed nicely, and the cliffhanger was for new future plots (unlike the Titans show that ended in a cliffhanger in the middle of the plot)

Palanan
2019-08-05, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by random11
I'm slightly annoyed by shows that finish with a cliffhanger despite knowing there won't be a next season....

Heh. Reminds me of Sledge Hammer, a thoroughly ridiculous show from the 80s that did kind of the opposite. The show was cancelled after one season, so they ended the season with a nuclear explosion wiping out the entire city when the hero failed to defuse the bomb.

And then they were renewed for a second season.

BWR
2019-08-06, 06:55 AM
It was a decent show, but it came on the heels of Doom Patrol and suffered for not being as amazing as DP. Even so it is better than pretty much every other DC live-action series out there other (latest LoT and Titans edge it out)
I could happily watch another season but I don't think I'll miss it.

random11
2019-08-06, 01:07 PM
It was a decent show, but it came on the heels of Doom Patrol and suffered for not being as amazing as DP. Even so it is better than pretty much every other DC live-action series out there other (latest LoT and Titans edge it out)
I could happily watch another season but I don't think I'll miss it.

I don't think Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing were competing.
First of all, other than being in a very general group of "comic book shows" they have nothing in common.
Different show, different style, comical vs horror.

There might be a question of who will draw more crowd, and which show deserves the better time spot (something that is starting to become less relevant in streaming), but there was not such a huge difference that justified canceling the show, especially since the decision was made before the pilot was out.

BWR
2019-08-08, 01:27 AM
I don't think Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing were competing.
First of all, other than being in a very general group of "comic book shows" they have nothing in common.
Different show, different style, comical vs horror.

There might be a question of who will draw more crowd, and which show deserves the better time spot (something that is starting to become less relevant in streaming), but there was not such a huge difference that justified canceling the show, especially since the decision was made before the pilot was out.

I know they weren't trying to be the same type of show, I just felt that DP was so good that ST was a bit of a let down in comparison, regardless or intent.