PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Poison Dusk Lizardfolk help?

Voidstar01
2019-08-04, 05:02 PM
Hi so I've never played a monstrous race (or anything other than a human because my DM veto'd deepwyrm half-drow) and had some questions about the more uniquely monstrous parts.

First off I get three natural attacks: 2 claws and a bite, does this mean I can make a full attack like a monster I.E. two primary claw attack (1d3+1) and a secondary bite attack (1d3) or am I still limited by my base attack bonus? Am I considered armed when not hold a weapon because of my claws or do I need improved unarmed strike? What issue of dragon magazine was savage strike in? (the feat that add claw and unarmed damage together).

Does my racial +3 natural armor stack with the armor granted by an amulet of natural armor?

Finally do you think dropping poison use is enough to get it to +0 LA?

Edit: Thanks I've never had a post answered this quickly before.

Thurbane
2019-08-04, 05:22 PM
First off I get three natural attacks: 2 claws and a bite, does this mean I can make a full attack like a monster I.E. two primary claw attack (1d3+1) and a secondary bite attack (1d3) or am I still limited by my base attack bonus?
You can attack 3 times per round with your natural weapons, regardless of BAB. Your secondary attacks take a -5 to hit, and only apply 1/2 Str bonus.

Am I considered armed when not hold a weapon because of my claws or do I need improved unarmed strike?
Thanks to your natural weapons, you are always considered armed - no need for IUS.

Does my racial +3 natural armor stack with the armor granted by an amulet of natural armor?
Yes - your inherent natural AC bonus and the enhancement natural AC bonus from the amulet stack.

Finally do you think dropping poison use is enough to get it to +0 LA?
Borderline - you're still getting a net +2 to ability scores, 30 ft move on a small creature, +3 natural AC bonus, 3 natural attacks, chameleon skin, hold breath and decent racial skill bonuses. By WoTC standards, that's probably still enough to earn LA +1.

Ask your DM.

What issue of dragon magazine was savage strike in? (the feat that add claw and unarmed damage together).
I'm not currently able to locate that feat?

I believe you may be referring to the Beast Strike feat (Dragon Magazine 355).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-08-04, 05:23 PM
Natural Weapons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#naturalWeapons) work exactly the same for monsters and PCs. You don't need Improved Unarmed Strike, you always threaten adjacent squares (unless something has caused you to be unable to make attacks in general), and attacking with them is considered armed. Natural attacks never get iterative attacks from BAB, but you can attack with all of them on a full attack regardless of your BAB.

The feat is Beast Strike, in Dragon 355 p76. That adds your claw damage to your unarmed strike attacks, in which case you wouldn't be making claw attacks, you would be making unarmed strike attacks, which do get iterative attacks.

An Amulet of Natural Armor grants an enhancement bonus to your current natural armor bonus. Most creatures start at 0 natural armor, but in any case it's always added to your existing natural armor bonus.

It has a lot more justifying the +1 LA than the poison use. It gets +2 to Dex and Con with -2 Cha, this alone would make it a +1 LA. It also gets +3 natural armor, and significant bonuses to four skills. The correct answer to this is always, "Ask your DM," but I'd say adding -2 Str, reducing the natural armor to +1, and reducing the skill bonuses all to +2's would bring it down to +0 LA.