PDA

View Full Version : Treasure on Adventure Paths

Quertus
2019-08-05, 06:16 AM
Related to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?594354-Which-classes-fair-best-(and-worst)-with-no-magic-item-shops), where I asked how classes would fare if magic wasn't commoditized, I'm curious, if magic item shops and crafting weren't on the table, just what kind items one would get going through published adventure paths, and how parties would fare with just those items.

Efrate
2019-08-05, 07:20 AM
Other than adventure specific macguffins and items, you get a lot of loot similar to the random loot from the other thread. There is usually a consumable or two that get past an area if you are lacking a certain spell or class, like a scroll of gaseous form or knock.

Otherwise npc gear if a certain group is prominant which is usually a mw melee weapon and armor, a few +1 arrows and a normal bow, and lieutenants will have a +1 clock of resistance or ring of protection, not much else..

Saintheart
2019-08-05, 07:30 AM
Otherwise npc gear if a certain group is prominant which is usually a mw melee weapon and armor, a few +1 arrows and a normal bow, and lieutenants will have a +1 clock of resistance or ring of protection, not much else..

I know it was a typo and all, but I'm really encouraged to see what a clock of resistance +1 might actually do.

Efrate
2019-08-05, 08:06 AM
Resists daylight savings time as an outdated concept?