PDA

View Full Version : Contest D&D Subclass Contest X: Calling Card

MoleMage
2019-08-05, 08:33 AM
It's time for our next subclass contest! Subclass Contest X: Calling Card.

The class must fit the theme of the contest. For our tenth contest, the theme is summoning. Does your fighter call forth a ghostly phalanx? What about a warlock who calls forth the tendrils of a forgotten being? Or just a good old fashioned demonologist wizard? Let's see it!
Your class must be posted in this thread. If you wish, you can use external formatting, such as Google Docs or Homebrewery, though I recommend sharing it as a PDF to ensure that it works on most computers.
You may only create one subclass, which must follow the normal progression for the class it belongs to. Please specify what class it is for. You can use any base class published in official material (including the Unearthed Arcana posts), or any existing homebrew class (don't make a whole base class just for your submission). If you are going to use a homebrew base class, make sure you get permission from its original creator and post a link so we know where to find it! Failure to get permission will be grounds for disqualification.
Until the contest is finished, do not publicly post your subclass anywhere else, other than the discussion thread for these contests. If you are found to have done so, that subclass will be disqualified (though you will be allowed to post a new one if you wish, within reason). Privately sharing your work is acceptable.
Your subclass must be complete by 11:59 PM Central Time on Sunday September 1st. After that, I will put up a voting thread. Any submissions or edits after that point will be considered invalid. A two-week extension will be implemented if at least three requests are made in the chat thread.
Have fun, be respectful.

Chat thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?559110-D-amp-D-5e-Subclass-Contest-Chat-Thread
Voting thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?597027-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-X-Voting-Thread&p=24124476#post24124476

sengmeng
2019-08-05, 08:56 AM
GUARDIAN ANGEL

With a slight touch of celestial in your bloodline, as a Guardian Angel you have discovered how to bond closely with a handful of allies and grant them a unique ability: to summon you. Your angelic nature gives you a strong desire to protect your friends, though this summoning has other uses, and you aren't under any compulsion to do good.

The Guardian Angel subclass is available to all classes, and has certain interactions when multiclassing and taking it more than once.

Bonded Allies
The first time you take this subclass, you gain the ability to form a supernatural bond with an ally. They must be a non-undead, non-fiend creature with an intelligence score above 3. Bonding takes an hour, similar to attuning to a magic item, and can be done on a short rest. You may bond with a number of allies equal to your charisma modifier, minimum 1. A bonded ally is granted the ability to summon you to an adjacent space as a bonus action. They can do this a number of times equal to their charisma modifier, minimum 1, and must complete a short rest to refresh their uses. You must have an empty, safe place to appear within 5 feet of the bonded ally, or it fails, but their use is not expended in that case. The distance of this ability is unlimited, but they must be on the same plane. If you bond with another ally when you have already bonded with your maximum number, you must choose one ally to break the bond with. You cannot otherwise break the bond. If you have a familiar, you can choose to bring your familiar with or not when summoned.

Intervention
The first time time you take this subclass, you gain the intervention ability. You may use your reaction when you are summoned to do anything you could normally do with an action. You may do this once, and must finish a long rest before doing it again.

Celestial Advancement
Every time you take this subclass after the first, whether in your original class or by multiclassing and taking it again, you add one to the number of bonded allies you can have and add one more use of intervention between long rests, besides any other abilities or bonuses from that specific class's version of Guardian Angel.

Individual Subclass Descriptions
Your celestial blood fuels your rage when protecting those you've bonded with.

Celestial Retaliation
When you take the path of the Guardian Angel at 3rd level, you gain Celestial Retaliation. If you are raging and attack an opponent who has damaged one of your bonded allies since the end of your last turn, you add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to your rage damage.

Tier I Ability
When you reach level 6, you choose an ability from the list of Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.

Summoned Rage
Beginning at level 10 you may enter a rage as a reaction or as part of a reaction when using Intervention when a bonded ally summons you. You also receive the benefits of celestial advancement.

Tier II Ability
When you reach level 14, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You embrace the music of your celestial ancestry.

Angel's Song
When you take the College of the Guardian Angel subclass at 3rd level, you gain Angel's Song. When you use your Song of Rest ability, add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to the hitpoints healed for any of your bonded allies who benefit from it. You also gain Expertise with any instrument you are proficient in.

Celestial Inspiration
Beginning at 6th level, your allies add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to the dice granted to them by Bardic Inspiration. They may also expend Bardic Inspiration to summon you, without it counting against their uses, and you may use your reaction to do anything you could normally do with an action without expending a use of Intervention. Alternatively, you can gain an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also benefit from Celestial Advancement.

Celestial Ward
Beginning at 14th level, your bonded allies do not need to be able to see or hear you to benefit from your countersong; it works as long as they are on the same plane. You also gain an ability from the Tier II ability list, and Celestial Advancement.
Your celestial ancestry strengthens your link to the upper planes.

Divine Conduit
Any time you cast a spell on a bonded ally, they are healed by an amount equal to your charisma bonus, minimum 1, plus the slot level. If the spell itself heals hitpoints, the amount of healing is increased by this amount.

Divine Light
Beginning at 2nd level, as an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring fiends and undead, using your Channel Divinity. Until the beginning of your next turn, everything within 60 feet of you is illuminated with strong light and dim light up to 120 feet, and within 30 feet of you, the light counts as sunlight. Each fiend or undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is blinded for one minute. All magical darkness is dispelled within 120 feet, returning in 1 minute if it had a permanent duration, but otherwise completely dispelled. You do not gain Celestial Advancement when you gain this feature.

Tier I Ability
At 6th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Divine Strike
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Whenever you us Intervention to attack, add an extra 3d8 radiant damage to the weapon damage. At 14th level, this increases to 5d8. You also gain celestial advancement.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 17th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You embrace your celestial nature.

Divine Conduit
Any time you cast a spell on a bonded ally, they are healed by an amount equal to your charisma bonus, minimum 1, plus the slot level. If the spell itself heals hitpoints, the amount of healing is increased by this amount.

Tier I Ability
At 6th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Celestial Wild Shape
At 10th level, you can choose to take the form of a celestial animal when you use wild shape. Your creature type becomes celestial and you gain a fly speed equal to the creature's land speed unless it has a fly speed greater than its land speed. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 14th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You train to use your celestial ancestry with the same dedication you train with your weapons.

Divine Protection
When you are summoned by a bonded ally, you add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to your armor class and the ally's armor class. This lasts until the beginning of each of your next turns.

Tier I Ability
At 7th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Divine Protection II
At 10th level, When you are summoned by a bonded ally, you and your bonded ally add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to all saving throws. This lasts until the beginning of each of your next turns.

Tier I Ability
At 15th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 18th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You seek enlightenment by contemplating your celestial ancestor.

Divine Fist
Whenever you use ki points, all attacks which use your martial arts damage deal radiant damage or their normal damage type, at your option, until the beginning of your next turn, in addition to whatever ki ability or abilities you were using and you add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to the damage to the first attack roll after spending the ki point.

Tier I Ability

Divine Ki
At 11th level, you may spend a ki point to be able to take a bonus action along with an action when using Intervention.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 17th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.

You honor your celestial ancestor with your devotion.

Tenets of the Oath of the Guardian Angel

Loyalty Never abandon or betray an ally
Readiness Never ignore a call for help
Acceptance Never judge those in need of your help and guidance
Retribution Never allow an ally to go unavenged

Channel Divinity

When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.

Divine Intervention You are aware whenever a bonded ally is dropped to 0 hp, and can spend a use of channel divinity to teleport to them as a either a bonus action or a reaction, as long as they are on the same plane. You may use intervention as normal if you teleported to them as a bonus action. You must either teleport the moment they drop to 0 hitpoint or on your own turn, and no later than the end of your first turn after it happens.

Divine Light As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring fiends and undead, using your Channel Divinity. Until the beginning of your next turn, everything within 60 feet of you is illuminated with strong light and dim light up to 120 feet, and within 30 feet of you, the light counts as sunlight. Each fiend or undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is blinded for one minute. All magical darkness is dispelled within 120 feet, returning in 1 minute if it had a permanent duration, but otherwise completely dispelled.

Tier I Ability
At 7th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Salvation
At 15th level, when you become aware of a bonded ally being dropped to 0 hitpoints, you may expend a use of channel divinity as a reaction to have them drop to 1 hp instead, as long as they are on the same plane.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 20th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You embrace your celestial nature.

Celestial Awareness
You can concentrate to discern the direction and distance of all your bonded allies. You are aware any time your bonded allies take damage.

Tier I Ability

Divine Reap
At 11th level, whenever you use Intervention to attack, you may make a melee attack against any number of creature's within reach, with a separate attack roll for each one. You add your charisma bonus, minimum 1, to attack and damage rolls.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 15th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
No one really understands how you balance the two sides of your nature, but mostly no one sees you coming, either.

Celestial Ambush
You have advantage when you use your intervention ability to attack.

Tier I Ability
At 9th level, you choose an ability from the Tier I ability list. You also gain Celestial Advancement.

Divine Reflexes
At 13th level, when you use Intervention, you may also take your bonus action to take one of the actions allowed by the Cunning Action ability.

Tier II Ability

Your magic flows from your celestial ancestor.

Angelic Durability
Your celestial nature gives you immunity to radiant damage.

Tier I Ability

Angel Wings
At 14th level, you gain the ability to sprout a pair of angel wings from your back, gaining a fly speed equal to your current speed. You can create these wings as a bonus action on your turn. These wings harmlessly pass through any armor or clothing you are wearing as well as other objects; they treat only the air as solid.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 18th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
An agreement to serve your own angelic ancestor grants you supernatural power.

Angelic Durability
Your celestial nature gives you immunity to radiant damage.

Tier I Ability

Divine Grace
At 10th level, your connection to the upper realms protects you from harm. Your AC is equal to 10 + your charisma modifer + your dexterity modifier.

Tier II Ability
When you reach 14th level, you choose an ability from the list of Tier II or Tier I abilities, in addition to Celestial Advancement.
You learn to incorporate the magic within you into your arcane spells.

Sanctify Spell
Whenever you cast a spell, you may choose to sanctify it. Sanctified spells cannot affect non-evil creatures.

Blessed Spell
Your bonded allies are not affected by your spells unless you will it.

Tier I Ability

Arcane Intervention
When you are summoned, you can use Intervention to cast a spell without answering the summons. The spell is cast on the bonded ally or emanates from them as if they cast the spell. You sense what they sense and can choose what spell and where to cast it.

Tier II Ability

Tier I Abilities

Tactical Summons
You may appear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of a bonded ally who summons you.

Blink
When you use Intervention, you have the option of returning to where you were when your bonded ally summoned you.

Celestial Conductor
You may take one bonded ally along when summoned, providing they are within your reach and willing when you are summoned, and there is an unoccupied space within 5 feet of the one you are summoned into. You may take this ability multiple times, allowing an additional bonded ally to accompany you each time you take this ability. Bonded allies must touch you or a bonded ally touching you to be brought along, and can appear in spaces adjacent to you or adjacent to a bonded ally adjacent to you.

Telepathic Bond
Prerequisite: Message cantrip
You may use your Message cantrip with your bonded allies with no range limit.

Bonded Fate
Prerequisite: Ability to cast at least one divination spell
You and your bonded allies count as one creature when you cast divination spells, which in addition to other effects, also allows them to be the targets of your divination spells from any distance.

Summoned Momentum
When you use Intervention to attack, you gain any benefits based around moving before attacking, such as from the Charger feat, as if you had moved the entire distance from where you started to the space you end up in.

Celestial Synchronicity
When attacking a creature with a natural weapon, unarmed strike, melee weapon, or ranged weapon, you add your charisma bonus to damage, minimum 1, if one of your bonded allies damaged the same target after the end of your last turn.

Familiarize
Prerequisite: must have a bonded ally with the Find Familiar spell
You become a viable option as a familiar for any bonded allies with the Find Familiar spell.

Mundane Summons
If you could reach a square adjacent to a bonded ally who summons you with your normal movement speed, you can use your reaction to move the distance, and that ally's use of their ability to summon you is not expended. You do not suffer opportunity attacks for this movement.

Tier II Abilities

Unbound Summons
You may be summoned across planar boundaries, unless you are on another plane because you died.

Shared Spells
You can target allies with spells that are normally self-only. They must be within your reach and you must concentrate to maintain the spell if it requires concentration.

Spell Bond
Your bonded allies do not count against the total creatures affected for any of your spells that can affect multiple creatures.

Divine Surge
If you use Intervention to take the attack action, you may spend another use of Intervention to take another action.

SleeplessWriter
2019-08-05, 07:05 PM
Fighter: The Shadow Knight

Shadow Soldiers
At 3rd level as an action you may summon a Shadow Soldier within 30 feet of you in a space that you can see that lasts for one hour. You may only do so twice at 3rd level, and you regain the ability to do so after taking a short or long rest. You gain another two uses of this ability at 5th level, and again at both 11th level and 20th level. At 11th level you may expend two uses of this ability as an action to summon two Shadow Soldiers within 30 feet of you in two spaces you can see.
They act on your initiative and you may command them to move as part of your movement action. Additionally as a bonus action you may command each individual Shadow Soldier under your command to take one of the following actions: Attack, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Help, Hide, or to Use an Object. They cannot take any other actions unless given explicit instructions as an action (such as to Improvise an Action, or to take the Ready or Search actions), and you may only command one shadow soldier at a time in this fashion.

SHADOW SOLDIER
Medium Undead, Neutral Evil
Armor Class: 13
Hit Points: 13 (2d8 +4)
Speed: 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10 (+0) 14 (+2) 15(+2) 6(-4) 8(-1) 5(-3)
Damage Vulnerabilities: Radiant
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: poisoned
Senses: darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 9
Languages: understands languages it knew in life but can't speak
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)

Actions
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Shadowtouched
Also at 3rd level when you choose this subclass you gain proficiency with stealth if you did not have it before. Additionally, while you are in dim light or darkness wearing armor that you are proficient with does not give you disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. You also have Darkvision out to a range of 30 feet. As an action you may see out of one of you shadow soldier’s eyes until the beginning of your next turn. While you a doing so you cannot see with your own senses.

Shadow Giant
At 7th level you gain the ability to summon a larger version of your Shadow Soldiers than before. As an action you may expend two uses of Shadow Soldiers to create a Shadow Giant within 30 feet of you in a space that you can see that lasts for one hour. They act on your initiative and you may command your Shadow Giants the same as you do with your Shadow Soldiers.

SHADOW GIANT
Large Undead, Neutral Evil
Armor Class: 14
Hit Points: 24 (3d10 +9)
Speed: 25 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14 (+2) 6 (-2) 16(+3) 4(-2) 6(-2) 5(-3)
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: poisoned
Senses: darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 8
Languages: understands languages it knew in life but can't speak
Challenge 1 (200 XP)

Undead Fortitude. If damage reduces the Shadow Giant to 0 hit
points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC
of 5 + the damage taken, unless the damage is radiant or
from a critical hit. On a success, the Shadow Giant drops to 1 hit
point instead.

Actions
Glaive. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d10 + 2) slashing damage.

Encroaching Shadows
Also at 7th level, whenever you use your action surge you may instead command two of your Shadow Soldiers or Shadow Giants to take one of the following actions: Attack, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Help, Hide, or to Use an Object.

Black Armaments
At 10th level you gain the ability to better arm your Shadow Soldiers. When you create a Shadow Soldier it gains an additional 6 (1d8 + 2) hit points and you may give it one of the following enhancements.

Black Knight: It gains +3 AC.

Black Arrows: Replace its shortsword attack with Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Cloak of Darkness: It gains -2 AC and it has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks in dim light or darkness. If it makes an attack with advantage that attack deals an additional 2d6 damage.

Black Banner: This Shadow Soldier may not take the attack action. As long as this Shadow Soldier is not incapacitated or unconscious each other Shadow Soldier and Shadow Giant within 30 feet of this Shadow Soldier may add 1d4 to their attack rolls and saving throws. Each Shadow Soldier and Shadow Giant may only benefit from one Black Banner at a time.

Darkness Rising
Also at 10th level, whenever you use second wind you may instead heal each of your Shadow Soldiers and Shadow Giants by 1d8 + half your fighter level.

Enduring Shadows
Beginning at 15th level whenever one of your Shadow Soldiers or Shadow Giants fails a saving throw you may expend a use of your indomitable feature to reroll that saving throw. You must use the new roll.
Additionally, when an enemy would provoke an opportunity attack from one of your Shadow Soldiers or Shadow Giants you may expend your reaction to command that minion to make an opportunity attack against that opponent as a reaction.

Master of Shadows
At 18th level you gain the ability to summon a Shadow Dragon as an action in a space you can see within 30 feet of you that lasts for ten minutes. You may only do so once a long rest. It acts on your initiative and you may command it to move as part of your movement action. Additionally as an action you may command it to take one of the following actions: Attack, Multiattack, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Help, Hide, or to Use an Object. As a bonus action you may command the dragon to make a single tail attack.

SHADOW DRAGON
Large Undead Dragon, Neutral Evil
Armor Class: 17 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 133 (14d10 +56)
Speed: 40 ft. Fly 80 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
18 (+4) 10 (+0) 18 (+4) 6(-2) 11(+0) 12(+1)
Saving Throws: DEX +3, Con +7, WIS +3, CHA +4
Skills: Perception +6, Stealth +3
Damage Immunities: Necrotic
Senses: Blindsight 30 ft., Darkvision 120 ft., Passive Perception 16
Languages: Common, Draconic
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)

Actions
Multiattack. The dragon makes three attack: one with its bite and two with its claws.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d10 + 4) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) necrotic damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.
Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
Whithering Breath (Recharge 5–6). 30 foot cone. DC 15 Constitution saving throw, taking 45 (10d8) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

BerzerkerUnit
2019-08-05, 08:16 PM
Barbarian Path: Legendary Dragoon

Beast Companion
At 3rd level you attract a loyal companion of the Beast type with a CR of ¼ or less. Typically this occurs between adventures, requiring roughly 7 days to condition the beast to excellence and have it accept you as a boon companion. Once acquired this Companion is considered Charmed by you. Your companion is an exceptional example of its type, represented by by using its default stat block with the following exceptions:
-It has a minimum intelligence of 6 and its alignment matches one aspect of yours.
-It can understand one language you speak
-It is proficient in 1 skill of your choosing from the following: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, or Survival
-It adds your Proficiency bonus to its AC while not wearing armor, Attacks, Damage, Skill checks, and Saving Throws it is proficient in.
-Its maximum hit points are equal to 5 x your Barbarian Level or its own hit points, whichever is higher.

Your companion can receive healing normally and recovers normally on a long rest. When you take a short rest you may divide the result of any hit dice rolled between you.

If your companion is reduced to 0 hit points, it is considered dying until the end of your next turn at which point it expires. If slain, you can restore it to life using magic as normal or forge a bond with a new beast which must abide by the type and CR restrictions outlined above.

The companion acts on your turn, you can freely direct its movement and it follows your instructions to the best of its ability.

In combat you can use your bonus action to direct your companion to take the dodge, dash, or disengage action. It requires no direction to use its reaction. When you take the attack action you may sacrifice one of your attacks to have your companion attack instead. Your companion uses its reaction to make this attack. If the attack has a conditional bonus action such as Pounce, your companion can take that action unless they have already used their bonus action or are under an effect that would prevent it (such as Slow).

Battle Beast
Beginning at 3rd level when you select this Path, your Rage flows into your beast companion. When you imitate your Rage, your companion is empowered in a variety of ways. It transforms, growing in size to accommodate you as a mount in your default form, and gains temporary hit points equal to your Barbarian level.
You can mount your companion as part of the bonus action spent to Rage if it’s adjacent to you. If your companion has a fly speed and cannot normally serve as a mount, you must end your Rage on a place you can stand safely or you both fall.

While mounted the companion shares your resistances and savages the foes you hit adding 1d10 slashing damage to the first successful attack you make each turn.

If you choose to have the companion act independently during this transformation, you can direct your mount to attack as a bonus action a number of times equal to your Constitution Bonus. You regain all uses of this ability when you Rage again.

Dread Companion
Beginning at 6th level, while Raging, your companion’s attacks are considered magical as is the additional damage you deal while mounted. Additionally while Raging and mounted on your Companion, whenever you move adjacent to a creature it must succeed on a a Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of its next turn. The DC for this save is 10+your Constitution Modifier+Proficiency. Creatures that succeed on the Save are not frightened and become immune to this effect for 24 hours.

Bond of Shared Vigor
By 10th level you and your Companion form a seamless unit. You can now direct your Companion to take the Help action as a Bonus action. If your Companion is at 0 hit points when you initiate your Rage, it heals a number of Hit points equal to your Barbarian Level.

Legendary Forme
Beginning at 14th level, the bond you share with your companion can be infused with the mythic energies of the mightiest heroes’ legends. Each time you initiate your Rage your companion can become a Monstrosity or Dragon of your choice up to CR 7 for the duration of your Rage. It uses the statistics for an average creature of its type with the following exceptions.
-It retains its own Intelligence score, personality, memories, languages, and hit point maximum.
-It retains the size required to serve as your mount if its new shape is suitable.

Alternatively, it can become Huge, gaining advantage on all Strength checks and adding 2d10 damage to your attacks while mounted. You both suffer a level of exhaustion when this rage ends.

sleepyhead
2019-08-05, 10:01 PM
Bard-College of Fables
Many bards spend their years studying music and singing. Others spend more time focusing on the power of words and delivery, bards following the college of fables spend many years traveling around the world collecting stories and experiences to share with friends and audiences. Those who spend long enough studying stories can learn to summon characters from them and lend aid to the bard and their allies. Bards from the college of fables often end up as influential politicians and popular stars.

Inspiring Story
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you learn how to inspire your allies to fight on past their injuries.

When you use your Bardic Inspiration feature, you can choose up to three creatures within 60 feet of you that are allied with you. Each one regains hit points equal to your bard level, provided that the creature can see or hear you.

Tale Teller's Tall Tales
At 3rd level, you gain proficiency in the Persuasion or Deception skill. If you are already proficient in both of these skills, you gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: History, Intimidation, or Performance.

Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses Persuasion or Deception. You receive this benefit regardless of the skill proficiency you gain from this feature.

In addition you may use your voice as a spellcasting focus for the propose of casting bard spells.

Storytellers Summons
At 6th level, you learn how to summon spirits from your stories. With an action you can summon a character from your many tales. These characters last 1 minute or until dispelled. Characters gain improved abilities at 14th level. You can use this feature an amount of times equal to half your level rounded up. You can only have one summon at a time. AC for spirit= 10+half bard level. Health is 3 per bard level. Spirits turn is right after bards.

Rumpelstiltskin- Small fey trickster.
6th- Fey protection- Gives allies within 10ft of itself advantage against charm effects.
6th- Can attack with a 1d8 bludgeoning damage.
14th- Turn to Gold- As an choose a humanoid that you can see within 60ft. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw DC 20 or be paralyzed as long as Rumpelstiltskin is summoned. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the paralyzation ends on the target.

Baku- Spirit that eats bad dreams.
6th- Nightmare Eater- Gives allies within 10ft of itself advantage on fear effects.
6th- Can attack with a 1d8 physic damage.
14th- Eat Mind- As an action creatures within 30ft of the Baku makes a makes a Wisdom saving throw of 20 or become enthralled by the Baku. Enthralled creatures can make a new saving throw every round. Creatures attacked while enthralled automatically successful save. The effect last for as long as the Baku is summoned.

El Silbón- Kidnaps and eats people.
6th- Gluttony- Grants allies who is within 5ft a bite attack of 1d4+strength mod and can use it as a bonus action.
6th- Can attack with a 1d8 necrotic damage
14th- Kidnap -As an action a medium or smaller creature next to El Silbón makes a Strength saving throw DC 20, on failure the creature gets trapped in El Silbón's bag they are trapped for as long as El Silbón is summoned or until forced out, on a successful save nothing happens.

Countless Tales
Starting at level 14, you gain extra uses to your Bardic Inspiration equal to your charisma modifier.

Breccia
2019-08-06, 03:24 AM
Oath of the Legion
Some paladins swear their undying loyalty to a king or other ruler, or to the people of a country itself. Others put their faith first and foremost, or to a code. Some, instead, serve a more martial calling. Whether it is to a soldier’s sworn duty or a law officer’s charge, fighting the fight that needs fighting, side by side with their comrades in arms, these paladins vow to serve their uniform and the ideals it represents, to death and beyond.

There paladins take the Oath of the Legion.

Tenets of the Legion
These will vary dramatically by region and alignment. An example of a relatively standard Lawful Good one might be:

Fight For Those Who Cannot: The soldier and the watchman are called to service when the common man is threatened. Stand up for those you’re sworn to protect, and run towards the danger as others run away.

Never Leave A Comrade Behind: Your fellows, whether they adhere to your exact code or not, deserve more than just your respect. Unless ordered not to, you will not leave them in enemy hands, nor will you leave them to die when your abilities could save them.

Chain of Command: Orders from a higher-ranking member of your martial group are to be followed, unless countermanded by an even superior member, or by the code itself (which overrules everyone).

The Line of Steel: An attack on any in your group is an attack on all of them.

Oath Spells
1st: heroism, alarm
2nd: aid, warding bond
3rd: crusader’s mantle, tongues
4th: locate creature, Leomund’s evidence chest
5th: destructive wave, conjure volley

Channel Divinity
When you take this Oath at 3rd level, you gain the following Channel Divinity option:

Summon Veteran Ally: As a Standard Action, you create a Veteran Ally, a construct of divine energy. The ally has the physical appearance of a former member of your martial group. For example, if cast by an elven paladin from an army entirely made of elf males, then the Veteran Ally would also resemble an elf male. A paladin in law enforcement of a mixed-race city would get a Veteran Ally of one of those races. The appearance is purely cosmetic: the Veteran Ally does not have the soul or memories of the deceased member whose appearance it has.

The Veteran Ally is Small or Medium (based on race) and using the weapons and armor appropriate to the martial group in question. Their size and equipment do not change their statistics.

When used, you get a Veteran Ally of rank up to the highest level spell you can cast. At 3rd level, therefore, you can only summon a Veteran Ally 1. At 6th, you could get a Veteran Ally 2.

If you could summon a Veteran Ally 3, you could instead choose to summon two Veteran Ally 1’s. Likewise, if you could summon a Veteran Ally 5, you could instead choose to summon two Veteran Ally 2’s.

A Veteran’s Ally remains until its hit points are expended, their paladin is slain (not just unconscious), or one hour has passed. Concentration is not required.

Veteran Allies draw their power from a small portion of the paladin caster’s soul, giving them sentience but not free will, a small amount of intelligence, and the caster’s alignment. This also means, admittedly mostly for ease of gameplay, the Veteran Ally uses the paladin’s saving throws, including any bonuses the paladin gets from racial abilities, feats, magic items and their aura.

The Veteran Ally has its own initiative and follows the paladin’s orders. Because the Veteran Allies pull their consciousness from the paladin, these commands are typically easy and do not require an action. However, the Veteran Ally can be directed to do a more complicated action, and such orders take more careful directions. If a Veteran Ally is ordered to make a Skill Check that takes an Action, such as climbing a wall or disarming a trap, the paladin must normally spend their own Action to do so. Because the paladin can see through the Veteran Ally’s eyes if they want to, this means the paladin uses all their own Skill modifiers when directing a Veteran Ally to use a skill. Again, that’s mostly for ease of gameplay.

Veteran Allies will follow the paladin’s orders as long as they are within 30 feet. Outside of that range, they have only three options: continue their last order, defend themselves/the paladin/the paladin’s allies, or move towards the paladin.

If desired, a Veteran Ally can be dismissed as a Bonus Action.

Back Your Partner
Starting at 7th level, you gain multiple abilities to protect your Veteran Allies.

When you cast a spell upon yourself (such as bless or aid), it also affects all of your Veteran Allies. Also, if you use Lay On Hands on anyone (including yourself) you may also heal any of your Veteran Allies, even if they are not within range.

If you use Lay On Hands, you may use any of the points to heal any of your Veteran Allies, regardless of how far away they are, in any mix you want. Normally, Lay on Hands does not work on constructs, but this is an exception.

When any Veteran Ally of yours is in your Aura of Protection, and that Veteran Ally takes damage, you may redirect an amount of damage (up to your Charisma modifier) to you. This ability bypasses all forms of resistance or damage reduction.

Finally, you may now Recall your Veteran Allies. This is a Bonus Action. Recalling all your Veteran Allies dismisses (destroys) them, calling the divine energy back to you. You regain one use of your Channel Divinity (regardless of how many you spent to summon them), but cannot summon Veteran Allies again until ten minutes have passed.

By My Command
Starting at 15th level, your Veteran Allies have access to your spell pool. They can cast paladin and oath spells from your prepared list, using up your spell slots, of level up to their rank. Under these, and only these, circumstances can your Veteran Ally speak. Spells cast by your Veteran Allies (again, for ease of gameplay) have the same effects and save DC as if they were cast by you, including any feats or magic items you have. Ordering a Veteran Ally to cast a spell is a Bonus Action, unless the spellcasting is exceptionally complicated, where it could be a Standard Action. Veteran Allies cannot Ritual Cast.

In addition, they can use Divine Smite with the same restriction on maximum spell level expended. Ordering any number of Veteran Allies to Divine Smite is a Bonus Action.

Master Commander
At 20th level, you and your Veteran Allies emit confidence and protection. Each of your Veteran Allies gets a copy of your Aura of Protection (using your Charisma) and your Aura of Courage. The benefits of being in multiple copies of the same Aura do not stack.

In addition, when any ally of yours is in your Aura of Protection, and that ally takes damage, you may redirect an amount of damage (up to your Charisma modifier) to you. This ability bypasses all forms of resistance or damage reduction.

In addition, your Veteran Allies can also do the same: redirecting damage from any ally of yours in their own Aura of Protection to themselves.

No creature can benefit from these damage reductions more than once, regardless of how many Auras of Protection they stand in, per attack.

Veteran Ally 1
Construct, caster’s alignment

Armor Class: 12 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 11 (2d8+2)

Str 14 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 6 Wis 6 Cha 6

Saving Throws: As Caster
Skills: Special (see ability description)
Damage Immunities: Necrotic (evil) radiant (good) or force (neutral)
Senses: Passive Perception as Caster
Languages: Understands what Caster can understand but cannot speak

Shared Soul: The Nature’s Vessel is built around a fragment of the caster’s soul. It makes all its skill checks and saving throws as if it was the caster in every way (including the caster’s stats, feats, and auras).

Commander’s Vision: The caster may focus (not an Action) on a single Veteran Ally as long as it’s within 30 feet, allowing the caster to see, hear, smell (etc) what the Veteran Ally does in addition to their own senses. NOTE: attacks that rely on senses (such as a flash of blinding light) that hit the Nature’s Vessel do not automatically affect the caster. (It’s more of a picture-in-picture than it is full screen)

Recharge: Regardless of which of its abilities are used, all Veteran Ally abilities with Recharge have the same Recharge. Once it uses one, it can’t use any until the Recharge is successfully rolled.

ACTIONS

Strike: Melee Weapon Attack, +4 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 1d6+2 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)
The Veteran Ally’s size, race, and apparent weapon have no effect on the reach or damage.

Charge (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +4 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target
Hit: 2d6+2 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)
Using this action lets the Veteran Ally move in a straight line, up to its movement speed but a minimum of 20 feet is required, towards its target.

Old Soldiers Never Die (Recharge 5-6): Reaction to being reduced to 0 hit points by an attack doing one-half the Veteran Ally’s maximum hit points (round down), or lower.
Retain 1 hit point instead of dropping to 0.

Zealous Strike (Recharge 5-6): Make two Strike attacks.

Veteran Ally 2

Armor Class: 13 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 16 (3d8+3)

Str 16 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 6 Wis 6 Cha 6

Shared Soul: The Nature’s Vessel is built around a fragment of the caster’s soul. It makes all its skill checks and saving throws as if it was the caster in every way (including the caster’s stats, feats, and auras).

Commander’s Vision: The caster may focus (not an Action) on a single Veteran All as long as it’s within 30 feet, allowing the caster to see, hear, smell (etc) what the Veteran Ally does in addition to their own senses. NOTE: attacks that rely on senses (such as a flash of blinding light) that hit the Nature’s Vessel do not automatically affect the caster. (It’s more of a picture-in-picture than it is full screen)

Recharge: Regardless of which of its abilities are used, all Veteran Ally abilities with Recharge have the same Recharge. Once it uses one, it can’t use any until the Recharge is successfully rolled.

ACTIONS

Strike: Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)
The Veteran Ally’s size, race, and apparent weapon have no effect on the reach or damage.

Charge (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target
Hit: 2d8+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)
Using this action lets the Veteran Ally move in a straight line, up to its movement speed but a minimum of 20 feet is required, towards its target.

Old Soldiers Never Die (Recharge 5-6): Reaction to being reduced to 0 hit points by an attack doing one-half the Veteran Ally’s maximum hit points (round down), or lower.

We Strike As One (Recharge 5-6): Using this ability requires that an ally of the caster is also adjacent to the target. The ally may not be Incapacitated.
Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)
This attack has Advantage. On the chosen ally’s next turn, if the target is still adjacent to both the Veteran Ally and the ally, the ally’s first melee attack against the target also gets Advantage.

Veteran Ally 3

Armor Class: 14 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 22 (4d8+4)

Str 16 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 6 Wis 6 Cha 6

Commander’s Vision: The caster may focus (not an Action) on a single Veteran Ally as long as it’s within 30 feet, allowing the caster to see, hear, smell (etc) what the Veteran Ally does in addition to their own senses. NOTE: attacks that rely on senses (such as a flash of blinding light) that hit the Nature’s Vessel do not automatically affect the caster. (It’s more of a picture-in-picture than it is full screen)

Also, when summoned, the caster chooses one of the following:
Mounted: Movement upgrades to 40 ft and size becomes Large.
Thrown: The Veteran Ally’s Strike can be used as a ranged weapon, 20/60, or melee.
Armored: The Veteran Ally’s AC improves by 3. Speed drops to 20 ft.
Skilled: The Veteran Ally is better able to follow complex directions. Int, Wis and Cha become 10. Directing it to make a Skill Check is no longer a Standard Action, but a Bonus Action.

ACTIONS

Hit: 2d6+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)

Hit: 3d6+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)

We Strike As One (Recharge 5-6): Using this ability requires that an ally of the caster is also adjacent to the target. The ally may not be Incapacitated.
This attack has Advantage. On the chosen ally’s next turn, if the target is still adjacent to both the Veteran Ally and the ally, the ally’s first melee attack against the target also gets Advantage.

Burning Strike (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
and 3d6 fire damage. The target may make a Dex saving throw DC 13 to avoid the fire damage.
At the DM’s discretion, the caster’s religion might instead have Veteran Allies that do another damage type, such as lightning or acid, instead of fire. Once the DM and the player agree on the bonus damage type, it remains that damage type for all Veteran Ally casts permanently.

Blaze of Glory (Recharge 5-6): 10 foot radius centered on the Nature’s Vessel. All targets within the area take thunder damage equal to the Veteran Ally’s remaining hit, Con saving throw DC 13 for half damage from both. The caster also takes this damage, whether they are in the 10 foot radius or not. Regardless of the damage, the Veteran Ally is destroyed when using this ability.

NOTE: Blaze of Glory has a recharge to prevent it from being used after the Veteran Ally has just used another ability, not because it can somehow explode more than once.

Veteran Ally 4

Armor Class: 15 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 32 (5d8+10)

Str 16 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 6 Wis 6 Cha 6

Mounted: Movement upgrades to 40 ft and size becomes Large.
Archer: The Veteran Ally’s Strike can be used as a ranged weapon, 80/320, or melee.
Armored: The Veteran Ally’s AC improves by 3. Speed drops to 20 ft.
Skilled: The Veteran Ally is better able to follow complex directions. Int, Wis and Cha become 10. Directing it to make a Skill Check is no longer a Standard Action, but a Bonus Action.
Semicorporeal: The Veteran Ally takes a misty form. It can no longer pick up or move solid objects. However, it can now move through any gap larger than one inch, pass through enemy occupied space (but cannot end in one), and resists bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing attacks from nonmagic weapons.

ACTIONS

Hit: 3d8+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)

Burning Strike (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
and 3d8 fire damage. The target may make a Dex saving throw DC 13 to avoid the fire damage.
At the DM’s discretion, the caster’s religion might instead have Veteran Allies that do another damage type, such as lightning or acid, instead of fire. Once the DM and the player agree on the bonus damage type, it remains that damage type for all Veteran Ally casts permanently.

Blaze of Glory (Recharge 5-6): 10 foot radius centered on the Nature’s Vessel. All targets within the area take thunder damage equal to the Veteran Ally’s remaining hit, Con saving throw DC 13 for half damage from both. The caster also takes this damage, whether they are in the 10 foot radius or not. Regardless of the damage, the Veteran Ally is destroyed when using this ability.

Pin Down (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 2d8+3 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above) and the victim must make a Strength saving throw DC 13 or be grappled if it is the Veteran Ally’s size, or smaller.
The Veteran Ally can only grapple one victim at a time. It gets Advantage to Strike attacks against a target it is grappling.
Semicorporeal Veteran Allies cannot Pin Down.

Veteran Ally 5

Armor Class: 16 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 39 (6d8+12)

Str 18 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 6 Wis 6 Cha 6

Mounted: Movement upgrades to 50 ft and size becomes Large.
Archer: The Veteran Ally’s Strike can be used as a ranged weapon, 80/320, or melee.
Armored: The Veteran Ally’s AC improves by 3. Speed does not change.
Semicorporeal: The Veteran Ally takes a misty form. It can no longer pick up or move solid objects. However, it can now move through any gap larger than one inch, pass through enemy occupied space (but cannot end in one), and resists bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing attacks from nonmagic weapons.
Polearm: The Veteran Ally gets a melee reach of 10 feet.
Wings: The Veteran Ally has wings and can fly with a speed equal to its land speed.

ACTIONS

Strike: Melee Weapon Attack, +6 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 2d8+4 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)

Charge (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +6 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target
Hit: 3d8+4 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above)

Melee Weapon Attack, +6 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.

and 3d8 fire damage. The target may make a Dex saving throw DC 14 to avoid the fire damage.

Blaze of Glory (Recharge 5-6): 10 foot radius centered on the Nature’s Vessel. All targets within the area take thunder damage equal to the Veteran Ally’s remaining hit, Con saving throw DC 14 for half damage from both. The caster also takes this damage, whether they are in the 10 foot radius or not. Regardless of the damage, the Veteran Ally is destroyed when using this ability.

Pin Down (Recharge 5-6): Melee Weapon Attack, +6 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target.
Hit: 2d8+4 necrotic, radiant or force damage (as Immunities above) and the victim must make a Strength saving throw DC 14 or be grappled if it is the Veteran Ally’s size, or smaller.
The Veteran Ally can only grapple one victim at a time. It gets Advantage to Strike attacks against a target it is grappling.
Semicorporeal Veteran Allies cannot Pin Down.

Nicrosil
2019-08-06, 01:18 PM
Paladin Oath of the Diabolist

[Insert fluff and tenets here]

Oath Spells:

1st: Protection from Good and Evil, Hellish Rebuke
2nd: See Invisibility, Zone of Truth
3rd: Magic Circle, Summon Lesser Demons
4th: Banishment, Summon Greater Demon
5th: Infernal Calling, Planar Binding

Channel Divinity:

Fiendish Familiar: As the spell find familiar, but includes quasit, imp, or other fiend of CR 1 or lower. Using this Channel Divinity again allows you to change the form of your familiar. Additionally, when you take the Attack action, you can forgo one of your own attacks to allow your familiar to make one attack with its reaction.

Rally Fiend: As an action, you may use your Channel Divinity to enhance fiends you have summoned. They gain temporary hit points equal to twice your paladin level, and gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Charisma modifier. This effect ends after 1 minute.

Aura of Warding: Starting at 7th level, fiends have disadvantage on attack rolls against you and allies within 10 feet of you. At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.

Cunning Tongue: At 15th level, you have advantage on Charisma checks made against fiends. In addition, you learn Abyssal and Infernal.

Calling in Favors: At 20th level, once per long rest, as an action you may call a powerful fiend to serve you. A fiend of challenge rating 6 or lower of your choosing appears in an adjacent unoccupied space. On each of your turns, you can issue a verbal command to the fiend (no action required by you), such as "attack my enemies" or "guard this location". The fiend will follow the command to the best of its abilities. After 1 minute, or when the fiend reaches 0 hit points, it disappears.

RickAsWritten
2019-08-07, 01:53 PM
Roguish Archetype – Bladecloak

Dagger Bond

At 3rd level, you learn a ritual that creates a magical bond between yourself and your daggers. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. You can create the bond with a magical dagger, but you can’t affect an artifact or a sentient weapon in this way.
Once you have bonded a weapon to yourself, you can summon or dismiss that weapon as a bonus action on your turn, shunting it into an extradimensional space. The damage die of your bonded dagger increases from 1d4 to 1d6. You can have up to two bonded weapons and can summon both with your bonus action. If you attempt to bond with a third weapon, you must break the bond with one of the other two.
When you reach 9th level in this class, attacking at long range with your bonded dagger does not impose disadvantage on your attack rolls.

Knife at the Ready

Starting at 3rd level, you have a seemingly endless supply of knives. When you make a ranged weapon attack with a dagger, as part of the Attack action you can reach into a pocket dimension in your cloak and draw an exact copy of the dagger that you just threw. The dagger that was copied from loses any magical properties at the end of your current turn and disappears from existence after one minute.

Hidden Cuts

Starting at 9th level, you can exact sharp vengeance on those that would seek you out. After you have made a Stealth check to hide, if a creature does damage to you while you are hidden, you can cast the spell Cloud of Daggers, as a 2nd level spell, on that creature’s position as a reaction. The spell can be cast without components, requires concentration, and lasts until a creature takes damage from the spell or one minute, whichever happens first. Once you use this ability you must complete a short rest before you can do so again.

Primordial Blades

At 13th level, you can imbue your daggers with elemental fury. As an action, choose one elemental type from the list below. For the next minute, all thrown daggers gain the additional benefit listed. You must complete a long rest before you can use this ability again.

Acid – On a hit, the creature has their AC reduced by one until the beginning of your next turn.
Cold – On a hit, the creature has their speed reduced by 10 feet until the beginning of your next turn.
Fire – On a hit, the creature is set alight and takes 1d4 fire damage at the end of each of its turns for one minute or until it or another creature uses an action to put out the flames.
Lightning – On a hit, the creature cannot take reactions until the beginning of your next turn.
Poison – On a hit, the creature is poisoned until the beginning of your next turn.
Thunder – On a hit, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be knocked prone. The DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier.

Symphony of Daggers

When you reach 17th level, you are the center of a whirling tempest of blades. As an action, you can cast the spell Animate Objects, once, as a 5th level spell. When you do so, ten daggers erupt from pocket dimensions hidden about your person and are the target of the spell. The daggers count as Tiny objects that deal Piercing damage, have a +1 to attack rolls and damage, and count as magical for the sake of overcoming resistances. You can apply Sneak Attack damage to the first animated dagger that hits a creature on your turn while the spell is active, unless you have already applied Sneak Attack for that turn. The spell follows its normal rules for duration and concentration. The daggers disappear from existence when the spell has ended. Once you use this ability you must finish a long rest before you can do so again.

Fnissalot
2019-08-08, 04:40 AM
The Lineage
While most sorcerers has a direct point which magic entered their bloodline, yours have taken centuries. Your ancestry is filled for peculiar, special, and extraordinarie mortals. Somehow, your connection with your lineage is strong enough that you can invoke your predecessors and their magic. As you cast spells, the spells previous caster in your family's history embodies you. For some, this is visible as they are encapsulated by the spirit of their ancestors.

Friends on the Other Side
At 1st level, you can cast the Augury or Speak with the Dead spell as a ritual. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

Memories of a Forgotten Past
At 1st level, whenever you expend a spell slot, for one hour you gain proficiency in Intelligence (History) checks and the proficiency bonus is doubled during that period.

In addition, you can use family heirlooms, memoirs, portraits, and similar trinkets with a relation to your ancestry as a spellcasting focus for your sorcerer spells.

Boon of Legacies
Starting At 6st level, you have mastered to summon the spirits of your lineage into your body. As a bonus action, you may spend 3 sorcery points to invoke an ancestor within you. Select one type of spirit from the Lineage Spirits table. You gain the listed feature for 1 minute. You may only have one invoked spirit at a time.

Spirit Type
Feature

Bruiser
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, the creature takes extra force damage equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum 1).

Dancer
You can take the disengage action and have +5ft bonus to movement speed until the end of your turn. On each of your turns before the effect ends, you can use a bonus action to do this again.At level 14, the bonus to movement speed increases to 10 ft.

Mage
When you cast a spell by spending a spell slot, you can add your Charisma modifier to one damage roll of that spell

Priest
At the end of your turn, each fiend and undead within 5 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save dc. On a failed save, the creature takes 1d6 radiant damage.

Protector
As an reaction, you conjure an ethereal shape of a shield in a free hand. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +2 bonus to AC. At level 14, the bonus to AC increases to 4.

Tactician
During a friendly creatures turn, you may use your reaction as if it was an action. If you do, you cannot take an action, except for a bonus action, until the end of your next turn.

Encouraged by History
At 14st level, when you expend a spell slot, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier until the start of your next turn.

Calling the Ancestors
At 18st level, when you take the Boon of Legacies bonus action, you may cast Spirit Guardians at 3rd level as an action without expending a spell slot. It still requires concentration and only lasts 1 minute or until you invoke a new spirit.

Fix 1.
Guardian spirit type renamed to Protector.
Changed Dancer from teleport 15ft/bonus action to disengage and+5ft movement/bonus action.
Fixed so that Dancer happens the turn it is activated.
Clarified the effect of Protector

Fix 2.
Tried to clarify tactician and fix spelling.

Fix 3.
Specified spell level in calling the ancestors

Fix 4.
Added 2 spirit types for boon of legacies.
Dancer and protector now has a tiered improvement

MoleMage
2019-08-09, 04:54 PM
Revised Ranger Conclave: The Hive Conclave
Members of the hive conclave dedicate themselves to the care of, understanding of, and if necessary, weaponization of bees, wasps, and hornets.

Hive Cluster
At 3rd level, you have developed a mobile hive of swarming insects which you carry with you. While you travel, the insects remain inside the hive in stasis. As a bonus action, you can throw the hive cluster to a surface within 30 feet of you, awakening and releasing the insects resting inside. Choose ants, termites, bees, or wasps. Each is described in the swarm's stat block, below. You can change your choice each time you take a level in this class.

When you throw it and as a bonus action on subsequent turns, you can direct the insects to move up to their speed. They do not provoke opportunity attacks and may occupy another creature's space without penalty. If a hostile creature starts their turn inside the swarm or enters it for the first time on their turn, they must make a Dexterity saving throw against your Ranger spell save DC or take damage as indicated for the swarm's type.

After a minute, the insects return to the hive. You can reclaim the hive early as an action while adjacent to the hive, causing the swarm to return as well. Returning the swarm to the hive restores its hit points as long as it has at least 1 hit point remaining. If the swarm is killed, you can restore it to maximum hit points over the course of a short or a long rest.

The swarm's size increases as you gain levels in this class. At level 7, the size of the swarm increases to large. At level 15, the size of the swarm increases again to huge.

Hive Swarm
Medium swarm of Tiny beasts, unaligned

Armor Class: 10 + your Wisdom bonus
Hit Points: Equal to twice your level in this class, plus your Wisdom and Constitution bonuses.
Speed: 30 ft

Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha

3 (-4)
13 (+1)
10 (+0)
1 (-5)
7 (-2)
1 (-5)

Damage Immunities psychic damage;
Damage Resistances slashing, bludgeoning, or piercing damage which targets a single creature
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, prone, restrained, stunned
Senses blindsight 10 feet, passive perception 8

Swarm. The swarm can occupy another creature's space and vice versa, and the swarm can move through any opening large enough for a Tiny insect. The swarm can only regain hit points through your Hive Cluster feature.

Hive Master's Might. The swarms armor class and piercing damage each increase by 1 whenever your proficiency bonus increases. Choose one of the following swarm types.
Ant Colony. Your swarm is a colony of ants. It gains a climb speed of 30 feet. It deals 1d8+1 piercing damage and poison damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). Ant swarms can use the Dragging Swarm reaction.
Bee Hive. Your swarm is a hive of bees. It gains a fly speed of 30 feet and an additional 1 hit point per level you possess. It deals 1d4 piercing damage and poison damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). Bee swarms can use the Defending Swarm reaction.
Termite Colony. Your swarm is a colony of termites. It gains a burrow speed of 30 feet. It deals 1d6 + 1 piercing damage and poison damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). Termites swarms' armor class are increased by 4, and they always deal full damage to objects and constructs, ignoring resistances and immunities.
Wasp Hive. Your swarm is a hive of wasps. It gains a fly speed of 40 feet. It deals 1 piercing damage and poison damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1) + 1d8. Wasp swarms can use the Frenzy Swarm reaction.

___
Reactions
Dragging Swarm. Ant swarm only. If a creature whose size no greater than the swarm's size fails its saving throw against the swarm, the swarm can move the creature to any space occupied by or adjacent to the swarm.
Defending Swarm. Bee swarm only. If a creature in the swarm's space would take damage from an attack, the swarm can use this reaction to take that damage instead.
Frenzy Swarm. Wasp swarm only. If the wasp swarm enters a creature's space on your turn, it can use this reaction to force that creature to make an additional saving throw against its effect.

Hivekin
Also at 3rd level, you have learned to adjust your scent, allowing you to seem like a natural member of any insect hive or colony you encounter. Bees, wasps, hornets, ants, and their giant kin no longer recognize you as an outsider and will even allow you entry into their deepest chambers or access to their queen. Taking hostile action against a member of the hive still causes them to respond with aggression. You can extend this benefit to a number of allies you touch equal to your Wisdom bonus (minimum 1) as an action. It lasts until you complete a long rest or use this action again.

Coordinated Strike
Also at 5th level, you work with the active hive as you attack, each creating openings for the other. When you take the attack action on your turn, you may also force a creature in your swarm's space to make their saving throw against your swarm. The target of your attack has disadvantage on this saving throw.

Hivemind
At 7th level, you learn to communicate telepathically with hive insects within 100 feet. They do not understand abstract concepts, but can communicate basic information such as the presence or absence of threats and general layout of an area. When communicating with insects created by your Hive Cluster, you can also share their senses.

Inhibiting Swarm
Also at 7th level, your insects are more distracting to creatures in their swarm. Hostile creatures have disadvantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma checks as well as on Constitution saves made to maintain concentration while inside your swarm. Additionally, your swarms' attacks count as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistances and immunities.

Potent Venom
At 11th level, through a combination of breeding and magic, you have caused your insects to have much more dangerous venom than normal creatures. The poison damage increases by 1d8. Additionally, creatures which fail their saving throws against your swarm have their movement speed reduced by 10 feet (to a minimum of 10 feet) until the end of their next turn.

Hive Innovation
At 15th level, choose one of the following options.

Hive Splitter. You have split your original colony into two distinct hives. Instead of throwing one cluster when you use your hive cluster ability, you can throw two. Each creates its own swarm, and you can control both swarms with the same bonus action. When you use your hives in this fashion, each is large sized instead of huge.

Elemental Swarm. You have infused your insects with elemental energy, creating swarms with supernatural toughness. Each time you complete a short or a long rest, choose a damage type from acid, fire, cold, lightning, or thunder. Your insects now deal that damage type instead of poison, and additionally you and your swarm gain immunity to that damage type.

Paralytic Venom. You have carefully bred your insects for yet more debilitating venom. When a creature fails its save against your swarm, you can expend a spell slot of 3rd level or higher to inflict the restrained condition on them until the end of their next turn.

Vogie
2019-08-12, 04:07 PM
Monk Archetype: Way of the Gemini

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/907/907869.jpg

Those who follow the way of Gemini are trained to use their speed to their advantage, appearing to move in multiple directions, and can seemingly be at many places at once.

Multilocation
Staring when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can create illusory duplicates of yourself to confuse and confound your opponents. As a bonus action, you can spend at least 1 ki point to create an illusory duplicate of yourself to appear in your space for 1 minute, or until you use this ability again. Each point you spend, up to a maximum of 3, allows you to create an additional illusory duplicate. The duplicates move with you and mimic your actions, shifting position so it’s impossible to track which image is real. You can use your action to dismiss the illusory duplicates.

Each time a creature targets you with an attack while you have a duplicate in your space, during the duration, roll a d20 to determine whether the attack instead targets one of your duplicates.

If you have one duplicate, you must roll a 11 or higher to change the attack’s target to a duplicate. With two duplicates, you must roll an 8 or higher. With three duplicates, you must roll an 6 or higher.

A duplicate’s AC equals 8 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom Modifier. If an attack hits a duplicate, the duplicate is destroyed. A duplicate can be destroyed only by an attack that hits it. It ignores all other damage and effects.

Myriad Strike
At level 6, your control over your duplicates expands. As an action, you can cause one of the duplicates to move up to your movement speed and make the attack action with two unarmed strikes using your Attack and Damage modifiers against a target within the duplicate's melee range.

Alternatively, When you use your Flurry of Blows, you may have one of your duplicates that does not share your space make an unarmed strike against a creature.

Displacement by Decoy
Beginning at 11th level, the differences between you and your duplicates grows ever thinner. When a creature makes an attack roll against a target you can see, you can spend 2 ki points to swap places with one of your duplicates within 100 ft as a reaction. You can't choose an illusory duplicate that shares your space with this feature, and any duplicates that share your space follow you to the new location. If an attack roll was about to hit you, the attack automatically misses you, as it strikes the illusion, which then dissipates.

Splinter Twin
At 17th level, you can spend 10 ki points as an action to create a real duplicate of yourself, a twin. The twin is indistinguishable from you, sharing your speed and stats, wearing identical clothing and has a mundane versions of any weapons or items you wield. However, the twin is visibly magical, radiating dim light out to 5 feet. While your Twin is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. It obeys your commands, moving and acting in accordance with your wishes and acting on your turn in combat. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge or Help action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take the Attack, Dash, or Disengage actions and its own bonus action.

The Twin never increases its level or other abilities, nor can it regain expended ki point or hit dice. The Twin accompanies you until the end of your next short or long rest, at which point it vanishes, along with other weapons or items it was wielding. Once you create a twin with this feature, you can't use the feature again until you finish a rest.

nickl_2000
2019-08-13, 10:32 AM
Homebrewry Link if you like to read it there instead (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/print/HJrBZwaNB)

Druid, Circle of the Pocket Monster
The multiverse is full of creatures, some hostile, some friendly, some that just want to be left alone. A Druid of the circle of the pocket monster makes it their live's work to capture and study them all. They are taught early on to create and imbue their natural magic into specially crafted balls that provide a safe, secure, and natural environment for their captured monsters. There is a divergence in the circle after that though, some Druids of the circle of pocket monster travel the world challenging and fighting their monsters against other druids of their circle in an effort to see who has the best skills and control over their monsters. Others live a quieter life, studying utilizing the monsters for domestic and farming purposes. Still others focus their life on curing the pocket monsters, spending all their magic and talents in protecting the monsters and keeping them alive.

All Druids of the Circle of the Pocket Monster have a mentor who teaches them the way of the circle. This mentor is always there to give advice and help their students along their journey to be the very best. Also, it is tradition that all mentors give new Druids one pocket monster when they become full members of the circle, these monsters often become more than just allies in battle. They become best friends and companions to the Druid.

Catching them All
When a druid reaches level 2 and joins the circle, they are given one monster by their mentor in a specially crafted ball. The Druid can choose any monster of the correct types CR 1/2 or lower to be their starting monster. Additional balls can be crafted with 2 hours of downtime effort, or 1 per long rest using materials costing 5 gp per ball created.

Additionally, as an action you may attempt to make a spell attack to attempt to capture a creature within 30 feet of you of type beasts, constructs, plants, or elementals that has more than 0 HP left. If the creature has more than 10 HP left, this spell attack is an automatic failure. A creature that has just been captured cannot be used until you complete a long rest. At level 2 you can capture a CR 1 or lower creature, at 6th level, you can capture a creature with challenge rating as high as your Druid level divided by 3 (rounded up).

You’re my Choice
Additional at level 2, you may use one of your wildshape uses, as an action, to summon one of your captured creatures. You may only summon pocket monster at a time, and if you summon a new one the first is automatically returned to its ball. That creature is under your control and follows all commands given them to the best of their ability. It stays summoned until the start of your next rest or you use a bonus action to call it back into its ball. The creature will regain all lost HP and limited abilities when you take a long rest. If the creature’s hit points are reduced to 0 the creature is destroyed and cannot be resummoned, but you may reuse the ball.

Playing to Win
At level 6, your pocket monsters are boosted in power. All attacks from them are considered magical for the sake of overcoming resistance. Additionally, you may use a bonus action to spend a spell slot to heal the pocket monster. The creature gains 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended + your druid level.

Sacrificing for a Friend
At level 10, as a reaction to being attacked by a creature within 60 feet of you, you can consume one of the creatures you have previous captured and release its energy in a burst. The attacking creature takes xd8+wisdom mod psychic damage, x being the CR of the monster expended (minimum 1). Additionally, the attacking creature gains disadvantage on all attacks until the beginning of its next turn.
This ability can be used wisdom modifier times per long rest.

Master Catcher
At level 14, you may use your reaction when a creature is knocked unconscious or killed by an ally to capture it. When you use this reaction, you don't need to make a spell attack and you automatically succeed in capturing the creature. That creature is magically kept alive in the ball, and recovers to full hp once you take a long rest.

Phhase
2019-08-26, 03:01 AM
Warlock Otherworldy Patron: Teratomarakh, Anarch Core
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8ee8067aebc17fe888248ef164825b0a/tumblr_inline_oy7bzdQNd51rkapbx_400.jpg
Somewhere in the swirling madness of Limbo, far beyond the Spawning Stone, the Slaadi lords, the Githzerai monasteries, there lies a zone of such untamed chaos that even the gods give it a wide berth. Within this searing scar of energy, lies a huge creature, easily the size of an asteroid. Formed of arcing bolts of chaotic energy in epileptic colors and seething ropes of vibrant, non-flesh, this is Teratomarakh, Anarch Core. Sometimes, creatures of seething chaos called Teratomorphs emerge from Limbo onto other planes, unleashing their boiling magical energy upon all creation. These creatures are the progeny of Teratomarakh, its envoys, its missionaries, its soldiers, with one goal only: chaos. Powerful, yes, but they are mindless, and limited. And so, Teratomarakh reaches smaller tendrils out through the cosmos, carrying with them little scraps of his power, offering to mortals the boundless energy of chaos at their beck. As a being of pure chaotic energy, power holds no secrets for Teratomarakh, and it knows the truth: power does not corrupt. Power reveals. And with enough power flowing through their veins, even the most deeply-buried kernel of chaos in a mortal soul, the will to see unmade what they wish, will grow into a blazing inferno, sending Teratomarakh's coruscating flames into the very heart of Order.

Random Element Table

1d10
Damage Type

Fire

Cold

Acid

Lightning

Force

Necrotic

Radiant

Poison

Psychic

Sonic

Expanded Spell List
Teratomarakh lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

1st Level: Chaos Bolt, Chromatic Orb

2nd Level: Alter Self, Pyrotechnics

3rd Level: Elemental Weapon, Blink

4th Level: Conjure Minor Elementals, Polymorph

5th Level: Conjure Elemental, Maelstrom

Seed of Chaos
At 1st level, you can already feel the pulsating, writhing energy of Teratomarakh taking root, begging to be unleashed. As a standard action, you can wreathe yourself in this chaotic lightning, gaining the following effects:

Attack rolls targeting you are made at disadvantage, as your form shifts and discorporates unpredictably.
Once per attack or spell, deal +1d4 extra damage of its (Main) type.
Take 2 damage every turn. This effect can't reduce you below 1 hp.
You must pay hp equal to your slot level every time you cast a spell (Including cantrips).
If you have no spell slots, you may continue casting, but leveled spells now cost double your slot level in hp. Half of this damage is applied to your maximum hp, and is not regained unless you take a short or long rest, or receive a Greater Restoration spell.

This effect lasts for up to 5 minutes or until dismissed, and may be used twice per long rest.

The Chaos Curse
Suffused with raw chaos, your spells and attacks made during Seed of Chaos force affected parties to make a Con saving throw against your spellpower + 1/2 the spell's level (Min 1). Failure means they are infected for one minute with the seething chaos energy you wield, multicolored protoplasm and lightning sticking and arcing to them. When enemies are inflicted with your Chaos Curse, you have placed a portion of your patron's power within them, opening up all kinds of nasty possibilities. The curse deals 1 damage per turn of a random elemental type, and cannot reduce a creature below 1 health. However...

If a creature afflicted with the Chaos Curse dies, their corpse (but not their belongings) are consumed in chaos flames
If the creature was of at least Small size, an oozelike creature called a Scintillant Sludge is spawned. It resembles a miniature Teratomorph and obeys your mental commands, taking its turn adjacent to yours (before or after).
You may have a number of Sludges equal to your Warlock level. If you have the maximum number, the oldest Sludge self-destructs if a new one is created.
If an ally is affected by your curse, you can cause the energy to coalesce into something useful as a bonus action. The curse is purged and their next attack or spell adds your Charisma bonus to its damage (once).

A Scintillant Sludge uses the statistics for a Grey Ooze, except as follows:

The Sludge does not possess a Stealth bonus, the False Appearance ability, or the Corrode Metal Ability.
Its size is Small.
The Sludge is Resistant to Acid and Lightning rather than Acid, Cold, and Fire.
Polymorph or other forced change of shape effects function as normal against the Sludge, but the Sludge may choose to break out of the effect at will as a bonus action.
Its Pseudopod attack deals 1d6+1 damage + 1d6 of a random element.
Instead of a climb speed, it has a fly speed of 10ft.
Sludges emit bright light up to 5 feet away, and dim light up to 20 feet away.
Upon death, the Sludge explodes, dealing 2d4 lightning damage and 2d4 damage of a random element to everything within 5 feet. Affected creatures must also make a Con save versus your spellpower to avoid 1 round of blindness. The Sludge may be commanded to self-destruct.
No, the Sludge can't contract the Chaos Curse and spawn another Sludge when killed. Idiot.

Eldritch Invocations
Chaos Madness (Prerequisite: Level 5, Teratomarakh Patron) - Once per short rest, you may take an action and force all creatures afflicted with your Chaos Curse to make a Wisdom saving throw versus your spellpower. On a failure, they suffer Confusion for 2 rounds.

Plague of Chaos - Creatures damaged by your Scintillant Sludges or Soulburn must save to avoid contracting your Chaos Curse.

Clinging Chaos - When striking with a slam attack, your Scintillant Sludges may choose to attempt a grapple as a bonus action. The Ooze adds you Charisma bonus to its grapple rolls. On a success, the Sludge permanently bonds to the opponent. It loses its slam attack but automatically deals 1d6 of a random element per turn. If an opponent breaks free, they and the Sludge take 1d8 damage as they tear apart violently. Alternatively, an opponent may attempt to just drag the Sludge with them when they move, and must succeed at an Athletics check equal to the Sludge's current hp in order to move normally that turn.

Chaos Singularity (Prerequisite: Level 10, Teratomarakh patron) - Your Scintillant Sludges can fuse together as an action. Each fusion adds together their HP pools, +1 to its strength, an extra attack (Up to three), add +2d4 lightning damage and +5ft of radius to its self-destruction, add +5 feet to reach (Up to 15 feet), and increases its size category by one, up to Huge. Fused Sludges still count as multiple Sludges.

Warp Reality (Prerequisite: Teratomarakh patron) - While your Seed of Chaos is active, all terrain within 10 feet of you is considered difficult terrain as it twists and heaves.

Soulburn (Prerequisite: Level 7, Teratomarakh patron) - Whenever you pay hp for a spell during Seed of Chaos, deal damage of a random element equal to your Charisma modifier to everything within 5 feet of you or a Scintillant Sludge as chaos lightning leaps all around.

Devour Chaos
At 6th level, you can feed upon the raw energy of Chaos to bolster your power. As an action, you may sacrifice any number of Scintillant Sludges in your line of sight. Instead of exploding, sacrificed Sludges become 5ft wide lines of chaos lightning that arc towards you. Creatures in the path of one or more lines must make an Acrobatics check against your spellpower or take 1d4 damage of a random element per line. You glow brightly as the energy burns in you like a sun. On the turn after you absorb the Sludges, gain temporary hp equal to your Charisma Modifier * the number of Sludges sacrificed. While you have these hitpoints, the instability of your form makes you vulnerable to all damage. When making an attack or casting an offensive spell, you may elect to spend the hitpoints to enhance it. The attack or spell is suffused with seething chaos lightning. It applies your Chaos Curse, forces affected enemies to make a Con save equal to 9+Sludges Sacrificed to avoid being knocked prone, blinded, and stunned for 1 round, and deals an extra 1d12 damage of a random element (Once). You may use Devour Chaos once per short rest.

Portalwake
Upon reaching 10th level, the fabric of reality becomes tenuous when exposed to your roiling magic. While Seed of Chaos is active, you may take a bonus action to teleport all creatures and objects of up to Medium size within 20 feet up to 15 feet in any direction (Straight lines only). This movement can pass through but not end in a solid object. You can use this ability once per short rest.

Anarch's Rage
At 14th Level, your power burns like a blast furnace. During Seed of Chaos, you may sacrifice a spell slot and HP equivalent to twice its level to summon an appendage of Teratomarakh to smite your enemies. This effect is identical to Flame Strike, except as follows:

It resembles of column of multicolored seeting bubbles laced with lightning.
It deals 3d6 of two different damage types (random, reroll duplicates).
You and your Scintillant Sludges are not affected.
Creatures damaged must save or be affected by the Chaos Curse.
A Scintillant Sludge is created in a random space within 5ft of all affected creatures.

This ability may be used a number of times equal to your Charisma Modifier per each long rest.

MoleMage
2019-09-02, 08:49 PM
This concludes the contest! No editing until after voting!

And the voting thread is up now! Go cast your ballot!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?597027-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-X-Voting-Thread&p=24124476#post24124476

MoleMage
2019-09-16, 04:26 PM
Votes are tallied, and we have our winners!

In 3rd place, we have a tie between nickl_2000's Circle of the Pocket Monster and MoleMage's Hive Conclave both with 6 points! If you want to capture beasts and fey, or think what your archer really needs is a beehive grenade, we've got you covered.

In 2nd place, with 13 points, is Vogie's Way of the Gemini! For when one monk just isn't enough, make yourself a speed clone simulacrum.

And our winner with 16 points, RickAsWritten's Bladecloak Rogue! Throw some knives, then some more knives, and then yet more knives, and when you think you've thrown as many knives as you can, throw even more knives!

Thanks as always to everyone who entered! We had a lot of good entries this month it was fun to read.

Our next contest, with 11 points in voting will be Points For Everybody! Get your spell points, your ki points, your sorcery points, or make up entirely new points! Our runner-up for theme was Keep It Simple, Stupid so it will be automatically included in the next voting pool.

Votes are in! Congratulations to RickAsWritten!

BerzerkerUnit
2019-09-16, 08:26 PM
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!