PDA

View Full Version : All dim light spells?

TyGuy
2019-08-05, 09:29 AM
What spells have or can have a glow (dim light) effect?

There's several spells and effects that generate bright light and darkness, but I'm looking specifically for glow effects. Spells can be those that have dim light mechanics (faerie fire), dim light descriptors (guiding bolt), or lend themselves to dim light descriptors (hunter's mark). I'll keep the list updated with contributions.

Mechanical dim light

Dancing Lights
Faerie Fire
Branding Smite
Moonbeam
Symbol
Holy Aura
Sickening Radiance
Crown of Stars

Dim light description

Guiding Bolt

Easily flavored as dim light

Hunter's Mark
Divine Favor
Crusader's Mantle

THANK YOU
Ninja_Prawn
ImproperJustice
Darc_Vader

Ninja_Prawn
2019-08-05, 10:38 AM
You can add branding smite, moonbeam, symbol and holy aura to the list, just from the PHB. There might be more in XGtE.

ImproperJustice
2019-08-05, 10:48 AM
Sickening Radiance generates dim light.

Darc_Vader
2019-08-05, 07:13 PM
Crown of Stars sheds 30/30 bright/dim which decreases to just 30 dim once you have less than 4 motes left

TyGuy
2019-08-05, 10:46 PM
Crown of Stars sheds 30/30 bright/dim which decreases to just 30 dim once you have less than 4 motes left
I'll count it

Darc_Vader
2019-08-06, 12:17 AM
From a quick search, those look like the only spells with the word ‘dim’ in their descriptions that don’t also produce bright light. There might still be more, but they would use different wording and it’s difficult to search for all the possibilities. I could see adding Divine Favour and/or Crusader’s Mantle to the easily described as such category though.