PDA

View Full Version : Can an Aureon's Spellshard also be a Psicrystal?

Maat Mons
2019-08-06, 12:25 AM
I've had gestalt combos on my mind lately. And it's made me wonder, can an Aureon's Spellshard be turned into a Psicrystal?

For those of you not familiar, a Spellshard (Dragonlance Campaign Setting, p122) is like a spellbook, except that it's a chunk of crystal instead of a book. And an Aureon's Spellshard (Dragonlance Campaign Setting, p165) is a spellshard version of a Boccob's Blessed Book, except both the cost and capacity are cut in half.

So, let's say I were to play a gestalt Psion // Wizard or a gestalt Archivist // Psion. And let's say I were using an Aureon's Spellshard as my main "spellbook." If I were to then take the Psicrystal Affinity feat, could I designate my Aureon's Spellshard as my psicrystal?

Powerdork
2019-08-06, 03:47 AM
Strangely enough, you listed the page numbers that those can be found in the Eberron Campaign Setting book. Although, Aureon's spellshard is on page 265, not 165.

You create a psicrystal wholecloth when your feats or class features grant you a psicrystal, and if I were any other DM, I'd be suspect of letting you enhance a creature as a magic item, or turn a magic item instead of mundane crystal into a psicrystal. That said, no, this sounds rad. I'd let it fly in my game, because I'm wholly lax about character option rules when it means getting a splinter self that keeps track of your spells for you.

Aniikinis
2019-08-06, 04:56 AM
According to RAW no, but as Metool says "Rule of Cool". I'd let it fly because I treat Rule of Cool as Rule 0.5.