PDA

View Full Version : DoMM Test Run 5e

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 10:41 AM
You are sitting at The Yawning Portal, a famous inn and tavern located near the eastern slope of Mount Waterdeep,in the middle of the room a 40-foot-diameter well that descends into the first level of Undermountain a world famous dungeon beneath the city. Next to this gaping orifice hangs a winch with a simple rope-and-pulley mechanism that Durnan, the proprietor, uses to lower adventurers down the shaft and (sometimes) pull them up again. Durnan controls the winch himself and will transport only one adventurer at a time.

how do you approach Durnan the bartender?

Bjorn talks to the bartender about renting the pulley to go down the well into the undermountain.

as you are talking to Durnan arranges are made to descent the well... and a A young noblewoman approaches... excuse me brave adventurer, Esvele Rosznar... pleasure to make your acquaintance i have been frequenting the Yawning Portal on busy evenings, you see.. my brother, Kressando vanished... it has been a tenday since i last saw him, may i asks you to keep an eye out for Kressando...? it´s a 22-year-old man with fair skin and dark curly hair, trained in the arts of stealth and thievery. Kressando wears a platinum signet ring bearing the Rosznar family crest a diving white falcon on a field of blue and an inscription of the family motto “Fly high and stoop swift”
She promises that if the characters can facilitate Kressando’s safe return or deliver proof of his whereabouts to Esvele, she will owe them a favor, adding that “You can trust in House Ros*znar.” of course you´ll be rewarded handsomely once you return.

The party discusses and Bjorn asks for a money advance, rolls a persuation [roll0]

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 10:51 AM
Esvele Rosznar looks at Bjorn insulted... well sir, the thing is that I don´t know you, and who knows..... if you´ll even return... she pauses, getting her composure back. Excuse me... some bad experiences with other groups of adventurers have left me a little more cautious, as Durnan as our witness, I Esvele Rosznar from House Rosznar promise to reward the group of adventurers for the safe return of my brother, or prove of his demise, accordingly.. looking at Bjorn... would that be acceptable?

Aelar steps forward.. pulling Bjorn aback, yes my lady, this would be most acceptable. As part of our descent we´ll keep and eye for your missing brother... if we are able to find him, we´ll bring him back to you.

Esvele Smiles.. thank you brave adventurer. Farewell.

You gather your party pay 1gp each and start your descent into the Undermountain.

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 11:17 AM
At the bottom of the Yawning Portal entry well is a dark, 40-foot-square room with the following features:

The only exit appears to be a tunnel that leads south before bending west, A thin layer of sand covers the floor and dented, rusty shields adorn the walls, which are also covered with graffiti.

You ready yourselves to move ahead and looking around the room you don´t notice anything in particular as you approach the exit on the South wall.

you follow the path to the south and find a 20-foot-wide hall at the end of the hall stairs descend, in this room every 10-foot section of wall has a 9-foot-high, 4-foot-wide, 3-inch-deep door-shaped recess containing a bas-relief carving of a demon as Aelar and karra point out, Each relief depicts a different kind of demon the carvings on the north wall of area 2a depict (from east to west) a balor, a barlgura, a chasme, a dretch, a glabrezu, a goristro, and a hezrou. The carvings on the south wall depict (from west to east) a marilith, a nalfeshnee, a quasit, a shadow demon, a vrock, and a yochlol.

A kenku skeleton lies on the floor, one of its thin arms pointing toward a bas-relief of a nalfeshnee demon on the south wall.

Karra jumps scared at the sight of the skelleton and casts toll the dead
Jamster waits to see what happens to the skeleton and then approaches the wall that it was pointing and examines it investigation [roll0]

Karra you spells takes no hold, you assume its just a dead skeleton, not undead.

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 12:03 PM
Jamster as you investigate the carving in the wall, you notice that the recessed wall that contains the nalfeshnee carving has a secret door leading into a passage that opens before you as you touch it, from where you stand now you can see to the end of this 20 ft hallway the stairs that descend 10 feet to a room lined with pillars, and the new 10 ft passage that opens up before you.

Jamster steps back and looks at the rest of the part, so.. now where?
Karra hides her face of embarrassment we should continue this path.. thats probably a trap.
Aelar casts Mage armor and summons his Rat familiar... go buddy, look inside and i try to look through his eyes.

the rodent enters the new room, a 60x30ft room, looking through his eyes... as you stick to the wall, the room seems to be empty as your advance further inside...you look what seems to be an unadorned wooden armor stand that rests in the middle of the room, with a faintly glowing longsword stabbed into it, as you approach the rodent automatically approaches at the base of the stand.. there lies the skeletal remains of a hand, amid stains of dried blood as your sight reverts to you.. Echoes of distant voices occasionally fill the room

the secret door leading south is obvious from this side It has two eye-holes bored into it at a height of 5 feet, allowing a creature to peer into the area beyond.

Aelar... well there´s a sword... a skelletal hand... and i´m pretty sure i heard distant voices... shall we go in?
Anzelmo grunts... IM BORED LETS MOVE
Galdrom... that´s obviously a trap... why somenone would point to the secret entrance... i vote we move away
Karra.. but what if the voices come from people beyond? Shouldn’t we investigate?
Jamster agrees with Galdrom, that probably a trap...

Aelar... looks at Galdrom... sure let´s follow your lead on this one.

as you move forward the stairs descend 10 feet to a room lined with pillars from the top of the stairs you see Similar staircases descend into the room from 10-foot-wide tunnels leading north, west, and south.
[roll0]

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 12:12 PM
You see as two bugbears are trying to sneak past you towards the south, please roll initiatives

Bjorn [roll0]
Galdrom [roll1]
aelar [roll2]
Anzelmo [roll3]
Karra [roll4]
Jamster [roll5]

Whisper rider
2019-08-06, 12:46 PM
Round 1
Jamster: I´ll cast Firebolt from the top of the stairs and try to hit the closest Bugbear, dealing 15 damage
Aelar: I´ll cast Firebolt and try to hit the other bugbear, dealing 17 damage
BB1: Charges to the mage Hitting Aelar with a morningstar dealing 14 damage
Anzelmo: misses both of his attacks
Galdrom: Eldritch blast to the one attacking Aelar, 10 damage and push 10 ft back
BB2: he sees his friend fall and runs trough the door to the south
Bjorn: Moves forward following the Bugbear
karra: moves into the room