PDA

View Full Version : zone of truth

Hunterx
2019-08-08, 11:36 AM
how could a Druid get zone of truth without cross classing ?

Gauntlet
2019-08-08, 02:12 PM
Southern Magician + Arcane Disciple (Truth, Commerce or Inquisition) is probably doable.

Psyren
2019-08-08, 03:13 PM
In Pathfinder, a Samsaran with Mystic Past Life could pick this up. There might be a couple other ways.

Thurbane
2019-08-08, 05:41 PM
Get a domain somehow? Without dipping into a class or PrC, I believe the Planar Touchstone (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040706a&page=2) (Catalogues of Enlightenment) feat is the usual method.

As Gauntlet pointed out, Commerce, Inquisition and Truth domains all include Zone of Truth.

Bonus Domains

Church Inquisitor 1, ecl 4, Complete Divine – Inquisition
Contemplative 1, 6/10, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Any one
Divine Oracle 1, ecl 6 Complete Divine – Oracle
Radiant Servant of Pelor 5, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Glory or Purification
Rainbow Servant 1, 4, 7/10, Complete Divine – Good, Air, Law (in that order)
Seeker of the Misty Isle 1, 7/10, Complete Divine – Travel, Magic
Temple Raider of Olidammara 10, Complete Divine – Luck
Warpriest 1, ecl 6, Complete Divine – Glory or Domination
Holt Warden 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, plant
Ordained Champion 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, war domain or any other by your deity

Sovereign Speaker 1-9/9, ecl 6, Faiths of Eberron – *9 bonus Domains* (1 per level), selection restrictions, see text
Singer of Concordance 2, ecl 7, Races of the Dragon - choose from: dragon, healing, knowledge, magic, strength, travel, wealth
Cloistered Cleric 1, Unearthed Arcana - Knowledge Domain, plus any two others as a standard Cleric

Divine Disciple 4, ecl ?, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3.0) – any one of your diety’s Domains
Dracolyte 1, ecl 6, Draconomicon - Glory or Domination
Wavekeeper 1, ecl 6, Stormwrack, choose: Blackwater, Ocean, Storm or Water
Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
Arachnomancer 1, ecl 6, Drow of the Underdark, spider domain
Swift Wing 1, ecl 5, Dragon Magic - Dragon
Earthshaker 1, ecl 9, Dragon 314 p.58, Earth domain

Faiths and Pantheons
Wearer of Purple 1 – one bonus Domain from the following; Death, Evil or Scalykind (requires Iron Will, Spell Focus (necromancy))
Gondsman 3 – one bonus Domain from the following; Craft, Earth, Fire, Knowledge, Metal or Planning (requires Craft Wondrous Item, Skill

Focus (craft))
Horned Harbringer 1 – Death
Auspician 1 – Fate (requires Dodge, Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes)
*Windwalker 1 – Air and Travel Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
*Waveservant 1 – Ocean spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
*Silverstar 1 – Moon Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)

Special Mention
Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment), feat, Planar Handbook, gain access to a domain power and spells, see text
Heretic of Faith, feat, Power of Faerun (p.46), stray from your path, exchange domain spells, etc, see text

Hunterx
2019-08-08, 06:26 PM
Thanks but after doing a little more research the build i was looking at is not going to work sorry for posting the question before looking deeper into this.

On the other side of that I know there is a old build out there for the Diplomancer and yes we all know just how crazy it can be.

I just have a quick question about Soothing Voice. I know it effects everyone within 30' now if your party attacks one person does that break the enchantment for all or just that one person? Second if it breaks the enchantment for all can you use soothing voice again in the following round to calm the emotions and rinse and repeat?

If it just breaks the enchantment for 1 than there is no issue and just focus on that one. Because as it stands right now I am looking at the following.

Half Elf Bard: Sub level 1 Soothing Voice/ Marshal Level 1 (Chaotic Good)
Flaws: Inattentive and shaky
Traits: Polite and Honest
Stats: Str 14 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 17 Wis 9 Cha 18
Feats: ( I have two sets that i am looking at right now)
First set: Level 1 Negotiator, Flaw feat Sacred Vow, Flaw feat Nymphs kiss Bonus Feat Skill focus diplomacy
Second Set: Level 1 Negotiator, Flaw feat Sociable Personality, Flaw feat Sacred Vow. bonus Skill focus diplomacy

1: Diplomacy results level 2: Ranks 5 Cha 4 Cha 4 (Aura) Racial 2 Feats 9 Traits 2 =26
2: Diplomacy Results Level2: Ranks 5 Cha 4 Cha 4 (Aura) Racial 2 Feats 7 Traits 2 =24
I know there is only 2 points between the 2 but what is the most logical way to go? Get the re-roll when you roll that 1 and fail automatically...please do not ask I know it is a skill but my DM says that a 1 is a auto fail and a 20 is a auto success. Which means that in a sense that ranks and all that good stuff are useless. because you can just roll and roll and roll till you get your 20. So what way do you think is the best way to go? Thanks for advice

Hish
2019-08-08, 09:32 PM
Get a domain somehow? Without dipping into a class or PrC, I believe the Planar Touchstone (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040706a&page=2) (Catalogues of Enlightenment) feat is the usual method.

As Gauntlet pointed out, Commerce, Inquisition and Truth domains all include Zone of Truth.

I thought that list was incorrect, and I just checked the Planar Handbook to make sure. Catalogues of Enlightenment only gives the granted power, not the spells. Eggynack recommends Contemplative 1 to give a druid a domain.

I just have a quick question about Soothing Voice. I know it effects everyone within 30' now if your party attacks one person does that break the enchantment for all or just that one person? Second if it breaks the enchantment for all can you use soothing voice again in the following round to calm the emotions and rinse and repeat?

It says it works like Fascinate. Unfortunately, Fascinate isn't terribly clear about whether it breaks for everyone or only the person being threatened. Fascinate does say that you can only use it once per person per 24 hours.

Thurbane
2019-08-08, 09:55 PM
I thought that list was incorrect, and I just checked the Planar Handbook to make sure. Catalogues of Enlightenment only gives the granted power, not the spells. Eggynack recommends Contemplative 1 to give a druid a domain.

Higher-Order Ability: Once per day, you may cast a spell from the cleric domain you have chosen, as though you had prepared the spell normally.

Seems to work to me, as long as you meet the reqs...

Hish
2019-08-09, 08:05 PM
Seems to work to me, as long as you meet the reqs...

...i feel silly. I never paid any attention to the higher-order ability because I don't like mucking around with limited use abilities with my feats. That works, but only 3 times before you have to go plane hopping to refresh it.

Thurbane
2019-08-09, 08:24 PM
...i feel silly. I never paid any attention to the higher-order ability because I don't like mucking around with limited use abilities with my feats. That works, but only 3 times before you have to go plane hopping to refresh it.

Yeah, very limited. OK for qualifying for reqs, though. Like if you were trying to get a Druid into Church Inquisitor.

Zone of Truth is Apostle of Peace 2, Beloved of Valerian 2, Cleric 2, Exalted Arcanist 2, Paladin 2, Savant 2, Commerce 2, Inquisition 2, and Truth 2.

Hunterx
2019-08-10, 07:28 PM
Yeah, very limited. OK for qualifying for reqs, though. Like if you were trying to get a Druid into Church Inquisitor.

Zone of Truth is Apostle of Peace 2, Beloved of Valerian 2, Cleric 2, Exalted Arcanist 2, Paladin 2, Savant 2, Commerce 2, Inquisition 2, and Truth 2.

That was my exact thought, that is impressive that you picked that out.

But like I said looking at it will not work for what I was hoping for. Once again thanks for the ideas.