PDA

View Full Version : Looking for miniature - Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Brookshw
2019-08-08, 12:48 PM
Anyone know of a good miniature similar in appearance to Crono from Chrono Trigger?

Edit: scaled for D&D, so 25mm, maybe 28mm.

tyckspoon
2019-08-08, 12:52 PM
Chrono Trigger uses Akira Toriyama designs, so the easiest way to do that (assuming you don't actually find a Chrono figurine itself - you might be able to find a blind box or gatcha toy series of the Chrono Trigger characters that would serve) would probably be to find a somewhat similar character from another Akira Toriyama property and repaint it appropriately.

Brookshw
2019-08-08, 12:54 PM
Chrono Trigger uses Akira Toriyama designs, so the easiest way to do that (assuming you don't actually find a Chrono figurine itself - you might be able to find a blind box or gatcha toy series of the Chrono Trigger characters that would serve) would probably be to find a somewhat similar character from another Akira Toriyama property and repaint it appropriately.

Probably should have specified I'm looking for something D&D scale, sorry about that.

Imbalance
2019-08-09, 09:34 AM
None produced that I know of. I imagine there are ample monks available that would only need a repaint and some Green Stuff spikes for his wild hair to fit the role, unless you are more interested in his in-game sprite's appearance than that of the box art.

Brookshw
2019-08-09, 01:21 PM
None produced that I know of. I imagine there are ample monks available that would only need a repaint and some Green Stuff spikes for his wild hair to fit the role, unless you are more interested in his in-game sprite's appearance than that of the box art.

Yeah, it's gonna be green stuff. I've gone through far too many sources at this point looking for something reasonably close and came up short.

Grey Watcher
2019-08-09, 02:01 PM
Hero Forge (https://www.heroforge.com/) has enough options to build a decent Crono-look-alike, if you don't mind putting in a few minutes worth of elbow grease to pick and choose the right details.

EDIT: They're 30mm, so slightly off what you're asking for, but given that you can scale the figure's height, you might be able compensate for that.

Brookshw
2019-08-09, 02:31 PM
Hero Forge (https://www.heroforge.com/) has enough options to build a decent Crono-look-alike, if you don't mind putting in a few minutes worth of elbow grease to pick and choose the right details.

EDIT: They're 30mm, so slightly off what you're asking for, but given that you can scale the figure's height, you might be able compensate for that.

I've played around with it and while you can get close, you can't get quite there. Good thought though. One downside of Hero Forge I've noticed is that a lot of details are much more plain than a figure that was sculpted as a whole would be.

Psyren
2019-08-12, 01:42 AM
Isn't his design based on Future Trunks? I bet you could find a mini of that somewhere and repaint it.

Celestia
2019-08-12, 12:28 PM
Isn't his design based on Future Trunks? I bet you could find a mini of that somewhere and repaint it.
Aside from Akira Toriyama's terminal case of Same Face Syndrome (SFS), the two don't really look anything alike.

Psyren
2019-08-12, 01:54 PM
Aside from Akira Toriyama's terminal case of Same Face Syndrome (SFS), the two don't really look anything alike.

I mean, hairwise he's closer to MSSJ Teen Gohan, I'll agree with that, but if you start with SSJ trunks and paint it brown then it's probably close enough. You can paint on the headband too.

Brookshw
2019-08-15, 01:05 PM
I mean, hairwise he's closer to MSSJ Teen Gohan, I'll agree with that, but if you start with SSJ trunks and paint it brown then it's probably close enough. You can paint on the headband too.

The hair's definitely the hardest part. Unfortunately there are few DBZ models in the 28-32mm range so it's sort of a no go to convert. At this point I'm leaning towards using greenstuff on this guy (https://www.reapermini.com/search/bloodseeker) to give him the right hair. Won't match the sprite, but sort of matches the box art (greenstuff the neckerchief too I guess).