PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make a Cavalier tank harder? Magic items? Multiclass? Crafting?

ToastyTobasco
2019-08-08, 06:28 PM
I've got a dwarf cavalier going in a bi-weekly game and while I am having fun tanking for the party, I am now becoming the sole wall against enemies due to other melee fighters not showing up. His stats are 17,10,17,8, 14, 8. Purely meant to fight

Fun part is that our DM is open to paying skilled craftsmen for magic items and equipment that we will eventually be able to afford. Custom items are welcome as long as we can rationalize how they will function and be built. Right now we are within garage tech budget but will only grow from here. I am all for cooky ideas to draw aggro.

First thing on my list is adamantine armor since I've been hit with more crits than the rest of the party @-@. Outside of this is teh multiclass option and I've pretty much got Barbarian and Cleric as dip options.

stoutstien
2019-08-08, 06:56 PM
My cavalier has gotten a ton from heavy armor master. Magical weapon attacks are rare even at higher levels. Maybe ask if you can get the feat as a magical armor?