PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Shot + TWF + Quick Draw + Thrown Weapons = ?

arkol
2007-10-11, 11:58 AM
If you have this four feats can you throw 3 weapons with a full attack (Assuming a bab lower then 6)?

If yes what's the penalty? -4 on all three attacks?

And when you get to bab +6 (and getting improved TWF) would you get 5 throws?

Zherog
2007-10-11, 11:59 AM
If you have this four feats can you throw 3 weapons with a full attack (Assuming a bab lower then 6)?

Correct

If yes what's the penalty? -4 on all three attacks?

Correct - -4 to all attacks.

And when you get to bab +6 (and getting improved TWF) would you get 5 throws?

Correct.

Person_Man
2007-10-11, 01:25 PM
As far as I know, it works. You'll occasionally see Monk's take them, because you can add in attacks from Flurry as well if you use shuriken.

The trick is to get touch attacks and/or deny your enemy its Dex bonus, and to find a source of extra damage (usually Sneak Attack and/or ability damage). There are a variety of ways to do this, and they almost always involve Master Thrower and/or Bloodstorm Blade.

cupkeyk
2007-10-11, 01:52 PM
Does anyone augment this with Exotic Flurry from Exotic Weapons Master or is that class feature strictly melee?

Person_Man
2007-10-11, 02:29 PM
Does anyone augment this with Exotic Flurry from Exotic Weapons Master or is that class feature strictly melee?

The Exotic Weapon Master's Flurry of Strikes only works with a Double Exotic Weapon or a Spiked Chain.

Roderick_BR
2007-10-11, 10:34 PM
As far as I know, TWF makes no difference in this case. Quick draw already covers how many weapons you can hold and throw. TWF just reduces penalties for attacking with two weapons in melee, something anyone can do with bigger penalties.
Rapid shot means that you can do one more ranged attack than your normal full attack. Quick Draw means that you can use all your attacks when full attacking with throw weapons. TWF just means you are already carrying a weapon in one hand before throwing it.
So, you make your first attack, then, with Rapid Shot (ranged's version of TWF), you make your second attack.
I kinda wonder how Many Shot works with thrown weapon tough... would be funny to see a guy holding 4 daggers in one hand and throwing them all at once.

arkol
2007-10-11, 10:48 PM
Everyone seems to agree that you can use TWF when trowing weapons...

Thinker
2007-10-11, 10:51 PM
As far as I know, TWF makes no difference in this case. Quick draw already covers how many weapons you can hold and throw. TWF just reduces penalties for attacking with two weapons in melee, something anyone can do with bigger penalties.
Rapid shot means that you can do one more ranged attack than your normal full attack. Quick Draw means that you can use all your attacks when full attacking with throw weapons. TWF just means you are already carrying a weapon in one hand before throwing it.
So, you make your first attack, then, with Rapid Shot (ranged's version of TWF), you make your second attack.
I kinda wonder how Many Shot works with thrown weapon tough... would be funny to see a guy holding 4 daggers in one hand and throwing them all at once.

Looking at TWF in the SRD:

Thrown Weapons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#doubleWeapons)

The same rules apply when you throw a weapon from each hand. Treat a dart or shuriken as a light weapon when used in this manner, and treat a bolas, javelin, net, or sling as a one-handed weapon.

Rapid shot does not exclude thrown weapons, thus it is viable.

Indon
2007-10-12, 10:08 AM

I wonder if that might be a way to make nets viable?

Are there rules in place for being entangled (or whatever a net does) from multiple sources simultaneously?

Roderick_BR
2007-10-12, 02:03 PM
Looking at TWF in the SRD:

Oh. I stand corrected.

The Mormegil
2007-10-12, 02:10 PM
Rapid Shot + TWF + Quick Draw + Thrown Weapon = Master Thrower.:smallbiggrin:

enderrocksonall
2007-10-12, 02:17 PM
If you make a Thri-Kreen can you use a bow in both pairs of hands? Thus doubling the number of shots per round?

Techonce
2007-10-12, 04:41 PM
You would be at -6 unless the weapons are light, then you would be at -4.

You would also need the precise shot feat (prereq for Rapid)

No luck on Many Shot. It specifically says arrows...

arkol
2007-10-12, 05:01 PM
Rapid Shot [General]
Prerequisites
Dex 13, Point Blank Shot.

Techonce
2007-10-12, 10:37 PM

Darn. I guess I failed my spot check on that one...