PDA

View Full Version : Need help with build idea EK fighter 7/ Artificer 13

Throne12
2019-08-09, 02:18 PM
Should I go Eldritch knight 7 and Artillerist Artificer 13.

This gives me 2 attacks ,heavy armor, weapons, action surge, good hp, and EK 7thlv ability, and some spell slots. Then I get turrets more spell slots magic items and others.

Now I could just go forge cleric 1 and artillerist Artificer 19.
I get my 2 attacks heavy armor and more lvs of artificer.

Or should I go battle Smith artificer with 1lv of forge cleric?

Dalebert
2019-08-09, 02:19 PM
The former is 21st level.

Throne12
2019-08-09, 02:54 PM
The former is 21st level.

Thanks for that

Damon_Tor
2019-08-09, 03:59 PM
Should I go Eldritch knight 7 and Artillerist Artificer 13.

This gives me 2 attacks ,heavy armor, weapons, action surge, good hp, and EK 7thlv ability, and some spell slots. Then I get turrets more spell slots magic items and others.

Now I could just go forge cleric 1 and artillerist Artificer 19.
I get my 2 attacks heavy armor and more lvs of artificer.

Or should I go battle Smith artificer with 1lv of forge cleric?

If you're planning to level 20, the Artificer capstone is really good. 3 extra attuned items is probably going to net more more defense than the +1 AC you get from plate over half plate. (consider that a Ring of Protection and a Cloak of Protection each require attunement). And plus you get +6 to all your saves, which is probably worth much more than +1 AC anyway.

The 7th level EK ability is meh on an artificer, who already has plenty of good ways to use a bonus action.

Vogie
2019-08-10, 11:17 AM
The 7th level EK ability is meh on an artificer, who already has plenty of good ways to use a bonus action.

That is my issue with the combo - All of the Artificer subclasses, save archivist, have BA-guided minions, and you already will have 2 attacks with Arcane Armament. A single level of Forge Cleric will buff your armor and give you an magic weapon without using Arcane Weapon... However, going War Cleric will allow you to occasionally throw out a third attack/turn, and also allow you to choose Divine Favor if you need to pump out radiant damage.