PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with format use in my splatbook?

Bortasz
2019-08-10, 05:15 AM
I'm writing "Newly Hatch Kobolds." Splatbook about my favored reptiles.
Writing stats block for NPC. I want to know if you prefer a list from weakest to the strongest NPC with minimal flavor. Or something like descriptions of Themed Tribes. Here is an example of one such Tribe:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u3YTuzStO_kwMJoc2FSZsSqRvMX1V4tYoGmOuNCjchg
Will really appreciate any constructive feedback.

Aniikinis
2019-08-11, 02:18 AM
I really like what you're doing with the Themed Tribes. I'd much prefer to draw from that instead of trying to fit them together, saving time to instead work more on the story/setting. Additionally, it allows for good guidelines on how to create a tribe and what all should go into doing such.

Bortasz
2019-08-11, 03:33 AM
I really like what you're doing with the Themed Tribes. I'd much prefer to draw from that instead of trying to fit them together, saving time to instead work more on the story/setting. Additionally, it allows for good guidelines on how to create a tribe and what all should go into doing such.

I'm happy that you like it.
I'm thinking ongoing both ways.
To have example tribe were Named NPC with little background will be present. And a list of "Generic/Nameless" NPCs. In tribe there will be guidelines like: Use 24 Starving Weaklings, 8 Starving Underlings and 2 Starving Leaders to represent this tribe. But stats for such generic creatures will be in the list.